Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Original thread from HR forum:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=124867

Humans of Elite: Dangerous universe found something that isn't human-made

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is actually pretty good. It's a little more horror-y.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is pretty fantastic. This probably really shouldn't wow me as much as it does, but the apartments in Downtown where you actually go into an elevator and move up and down IN the elevator with no loading screen (granted, the place isn't huge, but still) is amazing. Just the design of something like that seems utterly unique to me.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Why do you think it's in second place here?

Hubs done right, it's an important part of DX "formula"

Well, I've been so bored, haven't touched my PS3 in a while! Can you guys recommend anything?

This game I'm anticipating, Firewatch, first person action adventure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02lhvvVSy8

It's a mystery, and if memory serves me correctly, it's a psychological thriller. This stuff just ticks my boxes.

I have to say, the first person view and first person cover in GTAV really feels immersive and fun to play. Another example that first person cover can be done!

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by ZakKa89
    I have to say, the first person view and first person cover in GTAV really feels immersive and fun to play. Another example that first person cover can be done!
    And in a GTA game, no less.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Interesting flowchart

(click image to enlarge)

Anyone else get Witcher 3? This is some good stuff here. Don't think I've been so immersed in a game in a while. It's *** awesome. And it's long. And in a meaningful way. None of that collect shards in the Hinterlands stuff.

Originally Posted by vallux
    Anyone else get Witcher 3? This is some good stuff here. Don't think I've been so immersed in a game in a while. It's *** awesome. And it's long. And in a meaningful way. None of that collect shards in the Hinterlands stuff.
    Inquisition was plenty long without the fetch quests. But I do agree that their mere existence is a real problem, and I'm kind of amazed that I've played, oh I don't know somewhere around 10-20 hours and I haven't really encountered any. All of the quests have been crafted decently, and a lot of them well.

I don't think comparisons between DA I and TW3 are relevant because of how completely different types of games they are (one's an RPG with a definable protag with combat that revolves around tactics and squad control, and the other's an action RPG with a defined protagonist with combat that revolves around somewhat methodical but reflex-based actions). But I think TW3 is an amazing game. It's bringing the world of the Witcher series to life in a way that the previous games never did, and I don't really feel like it's losing much in the way of story (unlike DA I, sadly) or memorable characters (kind of the opposite here, even more memorable characters).

I personally find the combat annoying sometimes, especially since they like to zerg rush you with five enemies who all attack at once and whose attacks stunlock you. But outside of that it's really awesome. Looks great, runs pretty great, and more importantly, feels great.

Edit: One thing that I don't like, rather because it's well done rather than because it's poor, is the clear love triangle they have going.
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 23rd May 2015 at 21:21.

(click image to enlarge)

1 character

Originally Posted by xaduha3

(click image to enlarge)

1 character
    What's that? SC?

Originally Posted by vallux
    If looks really good, but it's not my kinda game. I can definitely appreciate the technical achievements, which is why I'm excited for Cyberpunk 2077. Surely some of you guys are anticipating it!

Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity
    What's that? SC?
    Nope, you have 2 more guesses.

Last edited by xaduha3; 24th May 2015 at 10:57.

Originally Posted by 3dot14hole
    Cyberpunk 2077. Surely some of you guys are anticipating it!
    Sure am! On a vaguely related note: I got Shadowrun: Dragon Fall off the current steam weekend sale and being my first Shadowrun-experience (somehow the magic-angle always repulsed me from getting into it) and I am very pleasantly surprised by how good a game it is. That good ol' cyberpunk-vibe actually come across rather well!

Originally Posted by SageSavage
    Sure am! On a vaguely related note: I got Shadowrun: Dragon Fall off the current steam weekend sale and being my first Shadowrun-experience (somehow the magic-angle always repulsed me from getting into it) and I am very pleasantly surprised by how good a game it is. That good ol' cyberpunk-vibe actually come across rather well!
    It looks decent, visually, but I'm not a fan of turn based games. Have you checked out Invisible, Inc? It's a turn based Cyberpunk Espionage. I've been off console gaming for a while, I'm gonna hit up a few pc games, I thinking of building a PC for Mankind Divided.

It looks decent, visually, but I'm not a fan of turn based games. Have you checked out Invisible, Inc? It's a turn based Cyberpunk Espionage. I've been off console gaming for a while, I'm gonna hit up a few pc games, I thinking of building a PC for Mankind Divided.
    Well, the combat is a lot like X-Com but with added RPG and Adventure elements and a really well written story line (so far) - actually it's quite like Fallout 1 and 2, now that I think of it. I guess, you won't like it enough if you don't enjoy this kind of turn-based combat though.

Invisible Inc looks very intriguing to me and I already have it on my steam wishlist. I have more then enough games in my backlog to wait for it to go on sale sometime though.

Same thing applies to Cogmind although I'm really tempted since I read about it a few days ago...
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...gmind-trailer/

Was planning to build a new PC this summer but I think the timing is bad because from what I read hear we're pretty much at the end of this hardware generation's life cycle. Might be good in terms of current prices but bad in terms of future proofing. Early 2016 will see Occulus Rift's first retail release too and Mankind Divided won't be out this year anyway, I'm sure. I'd wait a little longer, if I were you.
    Last edited by SageSavage; 26th May 2015 at 09:54.

Was planning to build a new PC this summer but I think the timing is bad because from what I read hear we're pretty much at the end of this hardware generation's life cycle. Might be good in terms of current prices but bad in terms of future proofing. Early 2016 will see Occulus Rift's first retail release too and Mankind Divided won't be out this year anyway, I'm sure. I'd wait a little longer, if I were you.
    Yeh, was expecting that with the Mankind Divided release window, but I wanted to build a new PC for a game called Firewatch coming out this year, it looks to be a good game. In terms of the hardware generation life cycle - do you mean graphics? Because I was gonna get a 4690k and mobo, then hold out for a 970 price drop (amidst it's controversy), or hold out for AMD refreshed graphics in the 300 series.

In terms of the hardware generation life cycle - do you mean graphics?
    Not just graphics - new chipsets, new sockets for the next generation of processors (Intel anyway, not sure about AMD), new form factors, DDR4, USB 3, PCIe 3.0, 4k resolutions catching on, HDMI 2.0, etc.

If you play that game you'll be waiting forever. The first line of the next generation of processors etc is not going to give much if any leg up on much lower priced current gen options. Games are just now starting to utilize the capabilities of the i7s. Just save up and future proof the best you can once you have it together.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

makes me want to play robocraft, and does having a better cpu matter much more than better gpu, sry to be off topic, ignore me completely

Originally Posted by Shralla
    If you play that game you'll be waiting forever. The first line of the next generation of processors etc is not going to give much if any leg up on much lower priced current gen options. Games are just now starting to utilize the capabilities of the i7s. Just save up and future proof the best you can once you have it together.
    While that's generally true, there are times that are particularly better or worse then others for building a new system and are able to wait it out, imho. Patience usually pays off rather well when it comes to hardware acquistions, sometimes even more so.

Elite: Dangerous update 1.3 launches next week, it's now in Beta. It's not Eve, there are no player-controlled factions, but 1.3 introduces so called Powerplay - there will be 10 Powers/Factions battling for the control of the inhabited (by humans) part of the Milky Way.

You can try the old-ish demo using the official or unofficial installers, the end result is the same, the official one just ask you to register. That demo is good for checking your compatibility with the genre and controls.

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    Nope, you have 2 more guesses.
    Don't have the slightest clue what it could be.

Edit: ED?

Regarding the "upgrade" discussion, right now (or later on this year) is probably the time to upgrade, for another couple years or so, to a 970 or 290X I figure. HBM 1 or whatever it's called will only support 4 GB of RAM, so that won't be changing wildly until the next "version" of HBM comes out. There may be some variation of non-reference cards with more than 4GB of RAM, but we already have this (there's an 8GB version of the 290X I know).

And on the CPU front, from what I've heard there will be few advances made in the next few years. This is in addition to both consoles not having a very powerful CPU side, and the fact that most games are GPU bound.

I also got Dragonfall, though I haven't yet had the chance to play it. I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, though I also was put off by the magic aspect of it.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last