Page 12 of 12 First First ... 289101112

Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Yeah but that's only ten bucks off the normal price. Not really making it for me considering I can't afford a $40 game in the first place. >.>
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

(click image to enlarge)

from http://zombgief.tumblr.com/

Last edited by xaduha3; 28th May 2016 at 14:44.

Recently I finally gathered the wherewithal to finish Thief 3.

The City grew to be annoying busywork between jobs (skulking between various fences to sell different loot and buy diff. Equipment).

Some jobs were okay, if they weren't split into multiple levels due to size limitations they'd be on par with the early games (Moira's Manor, the museum)

Cradle was... fun. But not as good as Ocean House hotel. Here's why: it was still a game-y level, with loot requirements. And annoying sentries (that frigging sleeping one on the morgue floor, guarding the last unique loot. Screw him)

Whereas Ocean House was absolutely unique experience in bloodlines, where there was no enemy, just increasingly hostile environment and intractable items, the Cradle tried was still a Thief level. And despite being terrified, Garrett still spent a good portion of the time swiping candlesticks.

I have literally nothing to say about the story in Thief 3. I wanted to get it down before playing Dishonored but beyond that, I couldn't care less about it.

Then I started ShadowRun: Hong Kong. Not too far in yet, just getting my crew set up nicely. Thoughts:

1) There's A LOT of runs being offered. I'm losing track of my priorities, and because there's new ones marked "urgent", i'm reluctant to let my char sleep, and that's bad, because main story is dream-related.

2) I rolled another orc Adapt. My crew is 60% orcs. That's awesome

3) Changes to the Matrix: it certainly made it more interesting: there's now a twitch-reflex element to sneaking, and you have a theoretical chance of ghosting a hack before IC shows up. Didn't yet get the hang of the hacking for the gate software-that'll need more practice.

4) So far, the stories for the runs are quite varied. Not sure about C&C yet, not deep enough to feel any repercussions of my decisions hit me just yet.

And recently that was put on hold, because Blood and Wine. Stupid amounts of work are preventing me from playing lots, but just from hanging around the new region's capital I have like 2 dozens new tasks, and the region looks HUGE (and gorgeous, looking from the hilltop city across the rolling hills dotted with landmarks)

Unlocked the mutations upgrade system, but I lack the skill points to test it out. Already bought a re-spec potion to experiment. Also looking forward to crafting Grandmaster Witcher gear.

Main quest not really grabbing me yet, but i'll probably focus on it more once i'm done munchkin-ing my Geralt.
    Bring back 5 character logins.

Blood and Wine was really good. I still have to hunt down some Grandmaster gear but other than some roleplaying as a winemaker my story of Geralt is coming to a close. CDPR really put some effort into those games. Witcher 1 was pretty much the game for Eurojank. The amount of improvement whew buddy.

Originally Posted by vallux
    Blood and Wine was really good. I still have to hunt down some Grandmaster gear but other than some roleplaying as a winemaker my story of Geralt is coming to a close. CDPR really put some effort into those games. Witcher 1 was pretty much the game for Eurojank. The amount of improvement whew buddy.
    TW1 is one of my most-replayed games of all time- I play it at least biannuallly. I'm more likely to replay TW1 than 2.

But then again, I was basically target audience for 1, because I read all the books (in Russian, not Polish) before the game came out. And the original game was such a love letter to Sapkowski's work that it at times felt ridiculous just how far they went. Things like the autopsy, or Shani's party, we're things you just didn't see in CRPGs at the time. And the entirety of Act IV could've been another short story, it hit so many notes from both short story collections, not to mention all the direct references.

Yeah I'm more of a "casual" fan of Witcher. Haven't actually read the books. Mostly got in the series because titty cards and hold on this actually looks pretty cool. Played through all three numerous times. CDPR seems to really appreciate their fans. I am mildly confident about Cyberpunk knowing how much CDPR got into the source material with The Witcher.

Strange thing, I couldn't wait to play Overwatch for quite some time and I do enjoy playing it now, I still had more fun playing Tribes: Ascend. And maybe even TF2, during some moments.

Played through Mirror's Edge Catalyst and DOOM this past week. Really enjoyed them both.

Mirrors Edge still got it. It felt really weird in the months leading up to the launch. It felt like the game had zero hype, which is weird seeing as people have been waiting for new game for like 8 years (it's been that long). The running mechanics are still very good, even if it's a little weird having this legendary runner get out of juvie (it's a reboot) and she's forgotten some pretty important traversal moves that you have to unlock. You also unlock some new equipment as the story progresses. It has that, I dunno Metroidvania kind of feeling where you return to old areas with your new gear and find new collectibles and stuff that you couldn't access before. The open world is pretty huge considering you run climb and swing everywhere. New areas unlock as the story progresses.

The combat has been tweaked a little. Faith can't use guns anymore (even if she wanted, because biometrics) but now she's a bit more formidable in hand to hand combat. The counter has been removed and instead Faith can now dodge, stun and attack. She can attack from walls, from poles etc etc. She can use kicks to the front, the sides and the back to move enemies and knock them into each other etc. I really like it and by the end you can basically blitz through 15 dudes in 10 seconds.

The story isn't really that special. Faith does some running and attracts unwanted attention. Stuff happens. You can continue playing after the game.

DOOM is reaaallly fun. I haven't tried to find secrets and collectibles this much in years. The combat is absolutely brutal gory speedy shooty punchy fun. The story is a little light, but I like how it's basically established in the DOOM lore that the "Doom Marine" is *** OP. He has only one reason for living, which is to rip and tear until it is done and the demons are whimpering in the corner. And he does that. A lot. There are a lot of different demons. A lot of different guns. And some lore items. They have some corridors and stuff and then they drop you into a room that looks pretty conspicuously like an arena. Which it always is.

Work has been keeping me very busy, and so we're the Euros. In what little time I've had for gaming, I've been binging on Blood and Wine, and catching up on E3.

With Geralt, i'm still very much in munchkin mode, hoovering up Grand Master Witcher gear plans and solving mysteries for peasants along the way. I triggered the Gwent Tourney quest and also trying to collect all the Skellige cards before entering. Main quest? Grand Duchess' request? Never heard of 'em,

Regarding E3: M$oft's announcements that its "exclusives" like ReCore and Scalebound are coming to Win 10 is making me consider setting up a dual boot on my desktop. Win 10 running off an HDD for the Marketplace and new games, and Win7 running off an SSD for pretty much everything else, including daily usage. This may become my next upgrading project.

Originally Posted by Tverdyj
    Regarding E3: M$oft's announcements that its "exclusives" like ReCore and Scalebound are coming to Win 10 is making me consider setting up a dual boot on my desktop. Win 10 running off an HDD for the Marketplace and new games, and Win7 running off an SSD for pretty much everything else, including daily usage. This may become my next upgrading project.
    Really excited for Forza Horizon 3 and maybe Gears 4. Gotta upgrade my graphics card I think. Maybe the new Nvidia GTX 1070. Been an AMD guy for ages. The RX 480 announced by AMD might be better for my 1080p/60hz need buuuuuuuuttt all that power in the Nvidia should keep me going for a while.

STEAM SALE!!!!
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Not feeling the new format. Gimme some flash sales. Not this what you see is what you get stuff.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    STEAM SALE!!!!
    Picked up Stick of Truth and Far Cry 3 (finally!). Kinda tempted by Arkham Knight for 25 bucks.

Otoh Ori has Inquisition GOTY edition for 20...

Finally grabbed GTAV thanks to the sale. I can't believe I've gone this long without sweet sweet mouse aiming in GTAV. It seriously halves the difficulty of the game, just being able to use the mouse.

Have you tried the Steam controller? You get most of the precision of a mouse, though it takes a bit of getting used to. Can hook it up with your Xbox one with a bit of patience too (not sure about PS4).

Loved GTAV but haven't finished it yet - lost a 15-20 hour save and don't feel like repeating it all again just yet!

If I remember correctly the PS4 Dualshock actually works straight away with GTAV. It might even have the proper button prompts too. Can't remember. Most games require you to emulate the 360 controller but Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and IIRC GTAV have plug and play. Some other games might too. Xinput support I think it is. Or the other one. Directinput?

Spyhopping was saying you can probably use a Steam Controller on PS4. Kinda neat, especially for shooters.

Spyhopping was saying you can probably use a Steam Controller on PS4. Kinda neat, especially for shooters.
    Oh. Yup. Misread it. That actually might be pretty cool.

Last edited by xaduha3; 14th Jul 2016 at 15:08.

RimWorld looks interesting. I was hooked by Faster Than Light previously (to my surprise), but since then closest game in rogue-lite genre that I played was Darkest Dungeon. There are many such games, but It's hard to determine whether I would enjoy them just by looking at gameplay.

Waiting for the PC release of No Man's Sky is KILLING ME!

Waiting for the PC release of No Man's Sky is KILLING ME!
    So you knew what this game is about and you still want to play it? Because I looked at some gameplay and it's probably more boring than Elite: Dangerous. And that game is mighty boring already.

Apart from the dodgy PC launch, it's a great game. Everything I've ever wanted from a space game to be, and then some. It helps that it doesn't look like a pile of dog like Elite does, since the entire point is exploration.

Last edited by xaduha3; 7th Nov 2016 at 01:04.

BTW there will be a free weekend for Overwatch, starts tomorrow.

And coincidentally Killing Floor 2 is finally out of Early Access. I haven't played it much recently, but when I first got it I had a blast. Probably gonna play it some more now, since there are 3 new classes (they call them perks) and new versus mode.
    Last edited by xaduha3; 18th Nov 2016 at 20:03.

Page 12 of 12 First First ... 289101112