Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Thanks! I can't really tell anymore with all these team-based hero shooters coming out. Overwatch and Paragon are at the top of my list, but Battleborn is looking pretty solid as well. I have no idea about Battlecry or any of the others.
    Never had too much interest in these. Played some Team Fortress 2 but never really got into it. Overwatch probably has the best chance to succeed because Blizzard. Battleborn might be okay, but Gearbox has been a little hit and miss. Haven't head anything about Battlecry since E3 2015?

This playlist has some basic intros to a number of Overwatch characters

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...98ON8UKMdr3CpL

Lookie here, DX on the front-page of Twitch, thanks to this guy

(click image to enlarge)

Neat! The viewers will probably drop off for IW then surge to max for HR. Either way, this proves plenty of people still have plenty of interest in what the original Deus Ex has to offer.

Somewhat related, here's some pre-alpha footage of the System Shock Remaster!

Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Either way, this proves plenty of people still have plenty of interest in what the original Deus Ex has to offer.
    I don't think so. What it proves is that there a number of Youtube/Twitch celebrities (that neither of us even heard of) that can bring huge crowds to watch whatever they decide to play. I'm sure plenty of those watchers never played DX and never will.

And those same people watch dozens of other games that they've never played and never will. People rarely watch other people play games that they themselves have or will play, with Minecraft being the one big exception. Just because they don't play them doesn't mean they aren't interested in what it has to offer. Not every viewer watches every video or stream, they watch the ones they're interested in.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Let's be honest here, DX has little to offer in 'cinematic experience' department, not in 2016. To them it's a wacky old game with "so bad, it's good" voiceacting, graphics and gameplay that are 16 years old. As long as it's not totally boring they'll watch it, but let's not kid ourselves and imagine that the majority watch it because it's Deux Ex. I mean I bet there are a few people that stream DX, with 10 or so viewers each. It's not "came for a streamer, stayed for DX", it's "came for a streamer, stayed for a streamer" when we're talking about those 10,000.

I just don't understand your constant negativity. There's literally no reason or logic behind it, you're just being negative for no other reason than to be negative. The idea that there aren't 10,000+ people interested in the original Deus Ex is asinine.
    Last edited by Shralla; 17th Mar 2016 at 19:50.

What are you even talking about? I'm not being negative, I'm explaining that happened there. There were just under 10,103 people that watched DX played by this guy. Actually, he streams right now.

(click image to enlarge)

So that's 7,607 viewers for him and 13 viewers for 3 other streams.

Either way, this proves plenty of people still have plenty of interest in what the original Deus Ex has to offer.
    Do you still insist on that? Because to me it doesn't prove anything, other than some streamer can make 7 to 10 thousand people to watch how he plays Deus Ex. That's all. Sorry that I don't share your rosy-eyed viewpoint.

EDIT: Looks like he stopped. Did it increase viewership on other DX channels, did they trickle down? Not really

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by xaduha3; 17th Mar 2016 at 20:57.

Wow, this place has gone quiet.

I haven't been around in ages, but it's mostly cuz I didn't do a whole lot of gaming. I finished Witcher 3 (Witcher ending, obv). Game of the decade. Heart of Stone was good, lot of fun moments, one super-annoying fight.

Beyond that, sometime in November I found myself playing Age of Empires II HD with the 2 new expansions, and that took literally months of my limited playtime.

Recently I finally did a NG+ run of Arkham Origins (felt terrible, because the blocking respose time was out of synch, leading to super-frustrating fights. The story's still pretty great).

Now playing Thief 3 for the first time. Only did the first job so far, it's good to be Garrett again.
    Bring back 5 character logins.

Originally Posted by Tverdyj
    Wow, this place has gone quiet...
    Some of us have been chillin' out and stuffing our faces with chocolate Easter eggs.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

The Division has really impressed me. I'm not generally a fan of cover-based shooters but The Division really has the best mechanics to support that kind of gameplay that I've ever encountered. In addition to the cover mechanics being easy-to-use and satisfying, the game doesn't always force you into cover with unreasonable amounts of incoming damage. Run and gun tactics can win the day in many situations, especially against other players in the Dark Zone. The world is a joy to experience, with little repetition and plenty of obvious signs of careful handcrafting all around the city.

Given that I got the game for free, I'm actually considering buying the season pass or expansions depending on the content within.

Uncharted 4 looking good. Naughty Gods at it again. In other news Quantum Break dropped today - PC version is Windows Store only, running on the UWP platform thingy. Performance seems subpar and it costs 70 goddamn euros. Good job Microsoft. I love Remedy (Finland bias stronk) but damn.

May 3*-9 is Open Beta for Overwatch, mark it in your calendars if you want to participate. 3rd is for people with a special Early Access code, everyone who pre-ordered gets additional one. On /r/Overwatch there's going to be a thread where people without friends are going to share their spare one, so here you go. I pre-ordered too, so I guess I can give it to somebody here. Otherwise it's May 5-9.

Real life has been keeping me from playing too much Thief 3.

Just about done the second job (Pagan Tunnels). This level felt less cramped, probably due to verticality. Nabbed the monkey paw and 3 special loots, now I have the tedious task of backtracking to hoover up the missing loot to ensure the 90% completion necessary for Expert.

Gotta say, Garrett feels a bit awkward this time around. I blame the attempt to make him sneak in both FPS and TPS,

So far it's not as bad as IW, but underwhelming. Here's hoping playing through the Cradle will make the experience worthwhile.
    Bring back 5 character logins.

Here's that thread I mentioned https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...veaway_thread/

Also, I'll give one here, FCFS.

I want one but the open beta is in like a week and I don't want to learn to use Reddit that bad.

Sent by PM.

Overwatch is pretty much exactly as what I was expecting, yay for non-disappointing pre-order. Lots of fun, lots of things to learn, which is part of the fun. TF2 wasn't the first "class-based shooter", but many of those are F2P nowadays, have some progression system and (often) crappy balance. Which often leads to people sticking with just one class. Not so with Overwatch.

EDIT: General Overwatch open beta started, ends May 9th.

EDIT2: Confusingly named Battlefield 1 is the only Battlefield game to date that looks interesting to me. Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes, SW Battlefront was very disappointing my most accounts that I saw.

Also, using this opportunity to recommend Dan Carlin podcast Hardcore History, "Blueprint for Armageddon" is about WW1.
    Last edited by xaduha3; 7th May 2016 at 22:32.

You know, to give some weakest semblance of life to these forums I think the rule that you shouldn't make two posts in a row should be suspended for the time being.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    ... I think the rule that you shouldn't make two posts in a row should be suspended for the time being.

Your account has been suspended. See you in two weeks time.

signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Oh, I never posted about the Overwatch beta! Thank you again for the key, xaduha. I thought the game was fantastic. It's pretty much Team Fortress 3 gameplay-wise, and the breadth of characters means there's somebody for everybody. I love that there's no sprinting, but basically every character has some kind of movement ability bound to the shift key, and they all do wildly different things. I love that Mercy, the healer, has a movement ability which lets her swoop to allies' locations for effective healing, then her jump can be held midair to slow her descent, enabling her to heal for longer. It's especially useful when following a Pharah, one of my other favorite characters. Equipped with a jetpack (mostly for lateral movement, not vertical) and rocket launcher, her attack ability can be used to push people away from her, or to fling her forward some distance with the help of her jetpack. Her movement ability is a super jump that gives you the verticality needed to make the jetpack useful in combat situations, and proper feathering of the controls means you'll only have to touch the ground with one second left on your super jump cooldown.

I could go on about it forever. It's a fantastic game. A breath of fresh air in the competitive shooter arena, with old-school sensibilities and a high enough skill ceiling that it's already drawing a competitive community.

I just wish I could afford it.

I just play Soldier 76.

Better savings for euro regions, than dollar, but anyway - if you spoof you location and buy standard edition in rubles on the official site - it will be about $30 (2000 RUB), pretty seamless with paypal. There is no region lock or at least wasn't 8 days ago according to one account on reddit.

Page 11 of 12 First First ... 789101112 Last