Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Answers Live!* Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #23

The best and most exciting Q&A so far, thank you so much!

Nice Q&A!

Thanks Meagan for the answers.

Salut, j'aimerai suggérer la création d'un DLC avec la tenue originale de TR1 ET les doubles guns (surtout eux) ^^ Au moins, ils ne seraient pas directement dans le jeu de base (puisque vous n'en voulez plus) et les fans pourraient quand même les avoir. Biz.

Hi, I would like to suggest the creation of a DLC with the original holding of TR1 and double guns (especially them) ^^ At least they are not directly in the base game (since you do not want to) and fans could still have them. Biz

Great Q&A this time. Thanks muchly Meagan .

When you say Digital Domain used CD's Lara and environment models, do you mean as a reference, so they built new ones based on those?

I love how there'll be so much to do in the hubs, that's what I like the most, can't wait to see what you guys cooked up for us
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Still waiting for the real questions to be answered. Psst hey Crystal when are you going to address the elephant in the room?

1. Will ROTTR come to PC with DLC that XBOne will have and be quite possibly Cheaper in Sales.

2. Will Croft Manor be in ROTTR at any form, otherwise i have an Idea for a Game Ending: If Croft Manor isent back in ROTTR because Lara lives in a Flat, it would be so cool where right at the End of the Game we would see Croft Manor with a Gate Infront. Thus we hear a Car Park and Lara walks towards the Gate and says something like Home Sweet Home with the Game going Dark and we see the Credits. Hence your Next TR Game would Have Croft Manor as Playable like the Classics.

certainly good answers. still wish they can answer us the most important question of them all.
    signature image

So glad they answered both my questions. It's incredible that they talk to us at all, I'm still not used to it.
    signature image

Great answers. Too bad they answered none of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    ALEXWEISS: WILL WE SEE LARGE TOMBS AS A PART OF THE MAIN STORY (MEANING NOT CHALLENGE TOMBS) AND IF SO, HOW LARGE ARE THEY?
    Does anyone find this a little disappointing?
    It kind of kills the 'explore-it-yourself' feeling.

^ I think she was saying that you immediately see what your goal is (for example, getting out of a cave through a roof in the ceiling), but through exploration and everything you need to figure how to get there.

It doesn't mean (I hope) that the game will show you through camera pans where the exit is, I think it means that once you enter a huuuuge cave, if you look around a bit, you'll probably see a light or a door which you will, through power of common sense, try to go to Which seems logical and natural for me, granted not all caves are like that, but we'll see what they have in store for us
    signature image

^ I agree . Even in classic levels like St. Francis Folly the goal is pretty obvious ( open the locked door ) . Its getting the keys that makes the level .

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ I think she was saying that you immediately see what your goal is (for example, getting out of a cave through a roof in the ceiling), but through exploration and everything you need to figure how to get there.

It doesn't mean (I hope) that the game will show you through camera pans where the exit is, I think it means that once you enter a huuuuge cave, if you look around a bit, you'll probably see a light or a door which you will, through power of common sense, try to go to Which seems logical and natural for me, granted not all caves are like that, but we'll see what they have in store for us

No offense to you, but when has Square Enix come up with Logic, there will be Countless Camera Pans and some form of Easy Guideline Routes that will show you what to take and where to go with Colored stuff and White Walls White Ropes and White Boxes.

Sure, lets build a GIANT HUB but lets leave Guidelines for the Player to Help them through it.

Darn i miss the Classics. Please Square for once in your Life, Leave Me Alone when im Exploring like the Classics.

I swear if the Final Boss of the Climax in the Game is some sort of Cinematics again, im gonna loose it. I Buy Games to Play them, Not to be played for me.
    Last edited by chrisdaventry; 3rd Jun 2015 at 15:00.

^ You mean Crystal Dynamics? XD And even in the classics you knew that every cornery edge was climbable, it was not hard to figure it out like you guys make it seem.
    signature image

I thought Square is Developing ROTTR

Quote Originally Posted by Laraider_com View Post
    Salut, j'aimerai suggérer la création d'un DLC avec la tenue originale de TR1 ET les doubles guns (surtout eux) ^^ Au moins, ils ne seraient pas directement dans le jeu de base (puisque vous n'en voulez plus) et les fans pourraient quand même les avoir. Biz.

Hi, I would like to suggest the creation of a DLC with the original holding of TR1 and double guns (especially them) ^^ At least they are not directly in the base game (since you do not want to) and fans could still have them. Biz
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdaventry View Post
    1. Will ROTTR come to PC with DLC that XBOne will have and be quite possibly Cheaper in Sales.

2. Will Croft Manor be in ROTTR at any form, otherwise i have an Idea for a Game Ending: If Croft Manor isent back in ROTTR because Lara lives in a Flat, it would be so cool where right at the End of the Game we would see Croft Manor with a Gate Infront. Thus we hear a Car Park and Lara walks towards the Gate and says something like Home Sweet Home with the Game going Dark and we see the Credits. Hence your Next TR Game would Have Croft Manor as Playable like the Classics.
    This session has ended, guys. There will be another Q&A opening... soon

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I thought Square is Developing ROTTR
    Nope, Square is the publisher, together with Microsoft (at least I think they're both publishing it). Square Enix is the owner of Crystal Dynamcis, but CD develops the game.
    signature image

Colored stuff and White Walls White Ropes and White Boxes.
    Yeah, they couldn't have made these thing more obvious, really. Almost all edges are painted white, the climbable walls are white, ropes are white, boxes are either a bright yellow or orange, ammo is colored, and in case you still didn't get it you can use the instinct.
    signature image

^ Ropes were white? Not sure if it's my bad eye sight but they looked more grey to me
    I hope not everything is white though. Sometimes it's better to figure it out.

All of the classics did the same white ledge trick too, Legend was a criminal for camera panelling too and so was AOD

I know when I played Underworld I thought about almost every jump and I would find myself squinting to see if an edge was able to be grabbed sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitb97 View Post
    ^ Ropes were white?
    Yeah, I'm talking about the ones wrapped aroung things you could shoot an arrow at - I mean sure, ropes ARE white, but they get dirty and old in time and wouldn't all be shining white. At least they looked white to me, could have been a slight sandy tone too but what matters is that they were visible on first sight. ALSO placed pretty unrealistic - it just happens that they're only at places Lara needs to get to at some point.
    (That last sentences sound wrong but I'm german and don't know how else to say it lol sorry)
    signature image

^ No no, you said it fine :3

I really need to replay TR at some point because I forgot how "bad" it was for its white ledge/rope/everything trick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12