Thread: Summoners..

Summoners..

Summoners..

How does one counter summoners, i've seen many teams have like 3 summoners and the only thing they did was poke us to death and camp, waiting for an opportunity to go in.

The game itself is filled with people choosing Summoners all the the god damned time that it's getting annoying. If i go Scout, some other dude will focus me and my team won't give a damn, actually come to think of it most of the times no one gives a damn so yeah.

Alchemists.

Originally Posted by BlitzingLlama
    Alchemists.
    How would Alchemist work? They seem more of a perimeter defense and Summoners keep their long range damage, you mean the healing?

Originally Posted by Nogard18
    How would Alchemist work? They seem more of a perimeter defense and Summoners keep their long range damage, you mean the healing?
    Alchemists can insta-kill or nullify their minions (minions go into flame wall and die). Summoners will only poke a bad team to death, they still need to get down and melee with minions to get kills against a team with decent teamwork. If their minions die they're defenceless and at a disadvantage, and usually picked apart when focused.

Alchemists can also spam bombs onto roofs if Summoners are hiding in predictable areas, making it easier to flush them out.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Jallford
    Alchemists can insta-kill or nullify their minions (minions go into flame wall and die). Summoners will only poke a bad team to death, they still need to get down and melee with minions to get kills against a team with decent teamwork. If their minions die they're defenceless and at a disadvantage, and usually picked apart when focused.

Alchemists can also spam bombs onto roofs if Summoners are hiding in predictable areas, making it easier to flush them out.
    Ah i see, i'll keep that in mind then, most people don't tend to counter pick so i really want to learn what works best against what, thank you.

I'd argue draining curse prophet works better. It's more versitile to deal with other classes as well and can chip the summoners when they try to attack
    Streaming Nosgoth and Nosgoth accessories: http://www.twitch.tv/zzott_
    Ayye bruh check my Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/amazingghostboy

You can use a lot of thing to fight summoners.
    Scouts to snipe them when they poke and volley.
    Hunter to poke and chip and explosive shot the minions.
    Alchemist is great at minions control.
    Prophet using the curses just heals you so minions are amazing to top yourself off with
    Vanguard axes stop the minions fast but they wouldn't be able deal with a roof camping summoner that well.

It would really help if the majority of the team was alch with one having a healing kit equiped.

1 good scout + 1 or 2 alchemists will counter summoner stack on any map, with the exception of crucible possibly, but that's only because scouts suck on crucible