Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: DX:MD - COLLECTORS EDITION & MERCHANDISE-NEW:Unboxing the Collectors Edition!

DX:MD - COLLECTORS EDITION & MERCHANDISE-NEW:Unboxing the Collectors Edition!

Vote for the Collector's Edition items.

Choices include mini replica everything, steelbook, bust, statue and more!
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 9th Jul 2015 at 18:52. Reason: wrong post

Not all the text is readable on my monitor.

I do like the mini weapon set, but I wouldn't have chosen those four.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

If anything I really want another behind the scenes movie like they did with Human Revolution. I would much rather vote for that then anything else on the list, with the Jensen statue and steel book 2nd and 3rd.

Speaking of behind the scenes, I hope they do a commentary for this game either at a later date or with dlc. The commentary in the Directors Cut of HR was a really smart addition.

I hope they will consider doing Adams sunglasses in the collector that would been great. Usually those models that comes in collectors games arent of very good quality usually but this maybe will be different ?

Why don't they just include all of it? =/ It's not like it's costing them anything to commission, really.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I just desperately want to get my hands on the Collector's Edition!

I was incredibly late to hear about Deus Ex: Human Revolution and unfortunately missed out on so much. When I had heard about the Cybernetic Arm replicas (the mere two of them), I was so upset that I couldn't get one.

I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I don't miss out this time! Already pre-ordered it the day it was available!

i am more than happy, that the CE is now a thing...of course; i would prefer the makin of another 'augmented edition' ...

signature image

Originally Posted by vallux
    Vote for the Collector's Edition items.

Choices include mini replica everything, steelbook, bust, statue and more!
    I like. Thanks for posting.

Call me greedy, but I would like to have ALL those goodies!

As I can only choose three, I went for the Praxis lunch box, the pin set and the Adam Jensen statue. Vote registered.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 11th Jul 2015 at 17:26. Reason: merged double post
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

You picked the two worst options. T_T come on.

THE LIFE SIZE FREAKIN' COMBAT RIFLE! THAT'S A WIN!

That's Mankind Divided's version of Human Revolution's Augmented Cybernetic Arm!

If everybody is voting for "pins" and the "lunch box", there's not going to be anything to actually getting the Collector's Edition! This needs to be a HUGE win for gigantic fans! Not just something cute!

This vote is likely also going to determine how ridiculously expensive the collector's edition will be. It's really bumming me out because this is the sort of commercial attention I always wanted to see Deus Ex receive, but HR and MD are just not the same, and thus the treatment falls flat with me.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by LiteralMaggot4Life
    You picked the two worst options...
    Calm down, agent. Feel free to exercise your right to vote for what YOU would like in the Collector's Edition. That's what I did.
    signature image

I just think that there should be a really unique prize. I mean... there are people on eBay who would be willing to make a Deus Ex: Mankind Divided pinset or a Praxis Kit lunchbox. I've got some welder friends who could whip one up for me!

As neat as they are, they don't top of the life-size Combat Rifle!

Don't you remember seeing that beautiful replica of Adam Jensen's arm that was 3D printed? There are only two of them in existence and one of them I remember hearing was sold for over $20,000 at an auction by Penny Arcade!

But if everybody is voting for the pinset or the lunchbox I'm gonna be really bummed out

I'm a HUGE collector. And the Deus Ex series is just so amazing to me.

I just think that there should be a really unique prize. I mean... there are people on eBay who would be willing to make a Deus Ex: Mankind Divided pinset or a Praxis Kit lunchbox. I've got some welder friends who could whip one up for me!
    For sure, but I prefer to receive official merchandise in my collectors' edition.

Don't you remember seeing that beautiful replica of Adam Jensen's arm that was 3D printed? There are only two of them in existence and one of them I remember hearing was sold for over $20,000 at an auction by Penny Arcade!
    Of course, but it would be naive to think that something on this scale would be included in every collectors' edition.

But if everybody is voting for the pinset or the lunchbox I'm gonna be really bummed out
    It's just myself at the moment, afaik, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Is this a hint that we may see another DX novel from James Swallow?

The Art & Story of DX:MD

Eidos-Montréal is working with the renowned Titan Books...
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 12th Jul 2015 at 11:10. Reason: merged double post
    signature image

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    Is this a hint that we may see another DX novel from James Swallow?

The Art & Story of DX:MD
    Let's hope they aren't planning on putting most of the story in supporting media. Again.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

You picked the two worst options. T_T come on.

THE LIFE SIZE FREAKIN' COMBAT RIFLE! THAT'S A WIN!

That's Mankind Divided's version of Human Revolution's Augmented Cybernetic Arm!

If everybody is voting for "pins" and the "lunch box", there's not going to be anything to actually getting the Collector's Edition! This needs to be a HUGE win for gigantic fans! Not just something cute!
    Honestly, I couldn't agree more. I respect people's decision to go with what they want, but I've seen countless people on the forums and on various websites saying they voted for the lunchbox, artbook, steelbook, etc.

I would MUCH rather have the replica AR included as it's more appropriate for a CE than something I could just order from their site store. Bethesda did it right by including an AMAZING product in their CE, then leaving the small stuff like bags and figurines in their store.

I suppose all we can do is pray that the masses picked something worthwhile.

Originally Posted by TRUEPATRiiOT
    I've seen countless people on the forums and on various websites saying they voted for the lunchbox, artbook, steelbook, etc.
    I bet you have.... everyone loves a beautiful art book and a steel case with their CE.
    Good to hear others like the Praxis lunchbox too.
    I only wish we could vote for EVERYTHING! Greedy is good.
    signature image

"beautiful art book"

They call it a "mini art book" right on the page. It's going to be the same worthless garbage that's come with every collector's edition for everything recently. Gone are the days of the full-size, hundred-page art books.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    They call it a "mini art book"....
    Yeah, a beautiful mini art book.

Gone are the days of the full-size, hundred-page art books.
    I prefer the independent hardback deluxe art books tbh.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 9th Jul 2015 at 23:10. Reason: typo
    signature image

Originally Posted by TRUEPATRiiOT
    I suppose all we can do is pray that the masses picked something worthwhile.
    Lady_Of_The_Vine, fans like TRUEPATRiiOT and I merely want something that we can proudly display and even forty years down the line keep displayed proudly on our computer desks. We want something that isn't going to be depreciated and mass-produced.

Greedy isn't the word I would use. I think when the public is offered the chance to CHOOSE what it wants in the Collector's Edition (which is for very serious and dedicated fans) that people should choose what they think VERY hardcore fans would PREFER.

If the CE comes with a *** lunch box (excuse the profanity) or a God damned pin set, I might actually throw a tantrum.

I didn't get a single chance to have the Adam Jensen prosthetic arm replica, and they put in every bit of effort they could possibly put into making the TWO replicas they made. That LIFE-SIZE COMBAT RIFLE REPLICA quite literally SCREAMS "Hi my name is 'so-and-so' and I'm IN-LOVE with Deus Ex. Check this out!".

I already have one of the exclusive Game-Stop only posters that is double-sided, and I own one of the Adam Jensen figurines. Never been opened. I am a collector just as my father before me.

It should be less about being 'cute' and more about being a proud victory for the Deus Ex obsessors such as myself.

I'm not sure why you address me in particular or even what your argument is.
    When all is said and done, it is the majority vote that decides. So vote and good luck!
    signature image

Check out the new Musterbrand collection inspired by Mankind Divided

Everything looks good to wear and the Armory Duffle bag is particularly awesome.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 11th Jul 2015 at 10:00.
    signature image

Bahahahahahahaha

So what, they sell one of each item and make their money back? Because nobody is going to buy a *** $119 sweater just because it was vaguely inspired by Deus Ex. What a joke.

I could be wrong, but I always thought most people buy clothing because they intend to wear it; so they're going for design rather than any inspiration behind it.

I'm not too good with numbers but isn't $119 for a sweater about average for designer/branded clothing?
    signature image

I honestly never had enough money to take notice of what that stuff costs in department stores. I do all my clothes shopping at TJ Maxx/Marshalls or thrift stores (especially now that I work at a Goodwill), where you can get designer/branded clothing for <$20 in a lot of cases. I mean this site seems to support itself entirely on overpriced fashion inspired by video games, so clearly somebody is buying it. I just don't see the appeal. Even if I had that kind of disposable income, there are so many other things that $120 could buy. Like ten sweaters. Or even five.

It is obviously Musterbrand's business model to provide clothing based on video games and, yes, people are buying it. Why not; its very stylish. It isn't the only store using this concept, of course, there are a lot of others out there.

As previously mentioned, Musterbrand clothing isn't overpriced - its fairly average. If you are buying designer/branded clothing from TK Maxx at a discounted price, as you state, then I'm surprised you have never noticed the original RRP on the retail tags? This will tell you that the sweater you're buying for $29.99 once retailed for $119..... and so on.

__

Fyi, everyone!!!

signature image

Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last