Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Gameinformer Special Edition Podcast - Ask DX:MD's Developers Anything

Gameinformer Special Edition Podcast - Ask DX:MD's Developers Anything

Cool Gameinformer Special Edition Podcast - Ask DX:MD's Developers Anything

Gameinformer Podcast

Ask Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's Developers Anything

We've offered up a substantial amount of information about Adam Jensen's fight for the future in Eidos-Montreal's upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. However, no matter how many details we dish out about about the game, there are still several big questions gamers want to know. Send us those questions for our upcoming podcast interview with executive game director Jean-François Dugas.

Simply put your question(s) in the comments section below, and we'll consider it for inclusion in the upcoming podcast. You'll even get a shout-out on the air. Think of all the internet fame! We'll be posting the podcast on April 29, so be sure to keep your eye on the site or the Game Informer podcast feed.
    __

Gameinformer - Special Edition Podcast - 29/04/15

Listen to the podcast to learn more about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's gameplay, why Eidos-Montreal has moved the action to Prague, and whether or not you can expect to download some mods for the game when it releases.

__

Question topics covered:
    Open-world game
    Prague as one of the locations
    HR's canon
    Previous characters from HR
    Future technology
    Combat system, augmentations and skills management
    The Deus Ex Universe -concept development
    Trailers and marketing
    New Game+
    Religion/Philosophy/Ethics
    Lead protagonist - Adam Jensen
    Modding
    Mini-game hacking
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 29th Apr 2015 at 22:29. Reason: added latest Podcast link
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Push button, receive PR.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Simply put your question(s) in the comments section below, and we'll consider it for inclusion in the upcoming podcast.
    I'm sure they'll be selecting really, really tough ones to answer, too...

Have EM officially confirmed that they have chosen "The Truth Is Out There" as the canon ending? I know I read suggestion of it somewhere but can't remember if it was just fan speculation.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Push button, receive PR.
    Standard Operating Procedure for EM during HR and I guess it will be for Squeenix and MD as well.

Originally Posted by WildcatPhoenix
    I'm sure they'll be selecting really, really tough ones to answer, too...
    Yep, just like all these types of events. The questions will most likely consist of things that you can find with 5 seconds of googling, the breathtakingly inane, and "concerns" of "hardcore DX fans". Thing is, they are completely controlled by marketing and there is no chance that anything new will be revealed until they are ready to release a new interview round.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    Have EM officially confirmed that they have chosen "The Truth Is Out There" as the canon ending? I know I read suggestion of it somewhere but can't remember if it was just fan speculation.
    I'm backing the theory that it doesn't matter which ending you chose, or which is the "canon" ending - as the destruction of the Hyron super-computer will cause Panchea to collapse under the fluctuations of the Arctic Ocean, thus killing Sarif, Taggart and Darrow, but Jensen is miraculously saved by who I'm going to assume will be either the Interpol group Task Force 29, or possibly the Juggernaut Collective. Whichever message was made public (if any message at all) might be altered by the Illuminati in such a way that causes the public to ostracize augmented individuals and ultimately "divide" populations, thus causing more riots and terrorist attacks etc. But if there is an official canon ending, it'd be nice to know which one it is. However, it's also fun to theorize until we can finally get our mitts on the game! I'm definitely hyped!

Something to do with X-Files??? Strange choice....

Originally Posted by Siddhartha_
    I'm backing the theory that it doesn't matter which ending you chose, or which is the "canon" ending - as the destruction of the Hyron super-computer will cause Panchea to collapse under the fluctuations of the Arctic Ocean, thus killing Sarif, Taggart and Darrow, but Jensen is miraculously saved by who I'm going to assume will be either the Interpol group Task Force 29, or possibly the Juggernaut Collective. Whichever message was made public (if any message at all) might be altered by the Illuminati in such a way that causes the public to ostracize augmented individuals and ultimately "divide" populations, thus causing more riots and terrorist attacks etc. But if there is an official canon ending, it'd be nice to know which one it is. However, it's also fun to theorize until we can finally get our mitts on the game! I'm definitely hyped!
    Yeah, a fair analysis of possible events there.
    I am particularly curious about Faridah Malik; will she return?

I only wonder because in the announcement trailer, we see a VTOL aircraft hovering above Adam as he floats in the water... it could be her piloting and she could be the one who rescues him.
    signature image

Originally Posted by WhiteCopy
    Something to do with X-Files??? Strange choice....
    A full third of everything that Deus Ex stands for came straight from the X-Files. It's a crying shame that more of it didn't carry over to Human Revolution. Apart from that one reference, all the X-Files was taken out of Deus Ex when they made HR.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I only wonder because in the announcement trailer, we see a VTOL aircraft hovering above Adam as he floats in the water... it could be her piloting and she could be the one who rescues him.
    According to the Kanobu leak
    I can't seem to find the picture anymore.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

I peeped. Okay, thanks for the info.
    signature image

I had a brief squizz through some of the questions that had been posted yesterday, and I'm pleased to see a certain amount of Pritchard love out there.

I recall reading some official document, or maybe it was an interview, can't remember - but yeah, Malik won't be returning in MD. It's a shame really, she was definitely a favorite in HR.

The podcast release is scheduled for today. I'm looking forward to the questions and answers.
    signature image

I'm setting the over/under of interesting answers at 0.5.

Originally Posted by Siddhartha_
    Jean-Francois Dugas (our Executive Game Director) wrote a few words on the ending question, so I'll quote him here.

Originally Posted by Jean-Francois Dugas
    The trailer gives us a good idea of what ending is (sort of) canon in terms of the last game climactic events.
    That being said, all endings sport a bit of truth, rumors and whatnot that got spread around the world. So, in a way, the answer to the question is more complex than just identifying one official ending.

Thanks for the info.

__

While we wait for Gameinformer to publish their podcast; enjoy this video:

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Official Tweets

Thank You from the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Team
    - We're so excited to finally talk about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with you. Thanks from the Deus Ex team, for all your support and enthusiasm. We love you!
    signature image

So excited to finally talk about a bunch of features we can already predict are in the game, while completely ignoring any issues people have.

Issues? This is the first I've heard about any unrest in the community. What issues could anyone possibly have?

Now, just let me slip off this troll-hat and mosey on out the door.
    signature image

Gameinformer - Special Edition Podcast

Listen to the podcast to learn more about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's gameplay, why Eidos-Montreal has moved the action to Prague, and whether or not you can expect to download some mods for the game when it releases.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 29th Apr 2015 at 21:42. Reason: updated link
    signature image

Do I have to sign up to their site to access that?

(click image to enlarge)

So sorry. There was an error in the link. Try it now

__

EDIT

A summary of the topics discussed:

Open-world game
    Prague as one of the locations
    HR's canon
    Previous characters from HR
    Future technology
    Combat system, augmentations and skills management
    The Deus Ex Universe -concept development
    Trailers and marketing
    New Game+
    Religion/Philosophy/Ethics
    Lead protagonist - Adam Jensen
    Modding
    Mini-game hacking
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 29th Apr 2015 at 22:29.
    signature image

Thankfully Ben's soothing voice made it worthwhile. Seriously though, the questions they pick for those things.

Whining aside (I've an entitled *ing reputation to uphold!), some interesting topics addressed nonetheless. I'm especially curious to find out how they will attempt to properly rebalance the action and stealth options. Despite my hyperbolic annoyance at the trailer, there is a real pledge to make about a more interesting and viable action approach that doesn't completely destroys the hubs and the narrative. Quite intrigued by how this will pan out.

I've some obvious concerns about what they intend to do in terms of power limitations, though. While takedowns should have never been tied up with the energy system (especially without an independent mele system), it would be a mistake to cave in to the requests of near unlimited energy supply, the way the industry has done in the past with ammunition and health.

Interesting to hear about how the trailer process works, even though I still personally dislike the route they have taken down with it. Good on the team if people are reacting like madmen to some cheap action shots, but I'm hoping the next one doesn't relay additional boom boom pow.

No mods

MAYBE PERHAPS I CAN'T SAY IF there might be another main character in a future installment, but the bottom line is we have a cow on our hands, and as a company we need to keep going with it. It makes sense, and I can respect it somehow. I still wish they had the balls to go ahead and actually try to make another iconic character instead, something more fulfilling down the road when looking back on what the Deus Ex Universe has generated, instead of a single franchise character which ends up being mostly fan servicing for all the wrong reasons.

Remote hacking interests me. One frustrating aspect of hacking was always to be forcefully standing up next to a monitor while time remained active around you. I understand why they chose not to freeze time, unlike the original game, but being trapped to the terminal, in a standing position, was painfully annoying when you could not see what was going on around you. Remote hacking, if properly balanced, can kick the gameplay up a notch.

Some things to look forward to. Some annoyances that remain unchanged. We shall see.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

This reminded me of the Q&A videos last time around. So many questions by people who had never played the original, and think every game should be Skyrim. This can be awfully frustrating to some of us.

I can't really complain, though. Clearly, there are lots of these types, so it's good to have answers for them. I would just slap them around, call them ignorant slobs, and tell them to shut up and go play the classic. But Dugas had some excellent insight... particularly about open-world gameplay. I'm not surprised. Eidos Montréal has a fine handle on this middle ground, as we saw last game.

His remarks on making combat more viable worry me. Combat was very, very viable. It didn't play like Call of Duty, and thank Aslan for that. You had to be careful. You had to make your shots count. And you had to avoid getting hit. Many "ignorant slobs" found this too challenging. They complained about dying too often and running out of ammo.

THAT IS FANTASTIC! That is what you want. If you try and play Deus Ex like the average shooter, it should curbstomp you. Making a HALO player stop and rethink his tactics was a defining pillar of Human Revolution's success. Combat was perfectly viable. It just requires a little caution.

His comments concern me.

On the subject of Adam Jensen: I love him. We all know I love him. I once touched myself to thoughts of him with augmented breasts. But he is not Deus Ex. The moment Eidos grows to rely on their one iconic protagonist is the onset of their doom. Mixing up the faces and genders will breathe new life into future titles. They must not fear a new protagonist.

Of course, if there is a story worth telling, I am interested. But there are other mediums to tell these stories.

Still, I won't deny, I am happy to see him again... however much I want to see what EM can come up with next.
    Last edited by Pinky_Powers; 30th Apr 2015 at 01:43.
    signature image

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    No mods
    Welp, if this is true, then I'm out for good. There's nothing left for this team to offer me.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last