Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Thread: Stuck in Geometry

Stuck in Geometry

Stuck in Geometry

During the excution animation as a reaver I got stuck in a corner was able to execute all functions apart from movement. Was in a map with a burning corner and a large tower in the center(Forgot the map name).

Human respawn/stuck in water after a Sentinel drops me there

As a human: After getting carried off and dropped into the water by a sentinel, I noticed that about half the times this happened I would respawn in the water. Being able to fire from there and move from side to side. But not moving my aim in any way. After moving back and forth then jumping around etc it would seemingly fix itself anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute after respawn. Also, is it meant to count as a suicide when a sentinel drops you in the ocean?

Originally Posted by oddypop
    As a human: After getting carried off and dropped into the water by a sentinel, I noticed that about half the times this happened I would respawn in the water. Being able to fire from there and move from side to side. But not moving my aim in any way. After moving back and forth then jumping around etc it would seemingly fix itself anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute after respawn. Also, is it meant to count as a suicide when a sentinel drops you in the ocean?
    This was actually a major bug with the map where the collision that prevented Sentinels from carrying humans into the water wasn't working properly. What is supposed to happen is that when a Sentinel tries to carry a human over the water, the human is instantly dropped safely onto the docks. We didn't want the water to be an insta-death for the humans. It should be fixed in the current build and will get sent out probably in the next patch.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    This was actually a major bug with the map where the collision that prevented Sentinels from carrying humans into the water wasn't working properly. What is supposed to happen is that when a Sentinel tries to carry a human over the water, the human is instantly dropped safely onto the docks. We didn't want the water to be an insta-death for the humans. It should be fixed in the current build and will get sent out probably in the next patch.
    I can't see any problems with having the water there; the Sentinel is pretty squishy and having another way to dispatch of enemies other than dropping them two-three times or risking life and limbs to slash at them sounds great in my head. I mean, it's hard enough as it is for Sentinels to pick up an enemy, why not let them use the water? Gimmicks like this encourages the use of the environment.
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Originally Posted by Limed00d
    I can't see any problems with having the water there; the Sentinel is pretty squishy and having another way to dispatch of enemies other than dropping them two-three times or risking life and limbs to slash at them sounds great in my head. I mean, it's hard enough as it is for Sentinels to pick up an enemy, why not let them use the water? Gimmicks like this encourages the use of the environment.
    I played a match where we got crushed by vamps throwing us in the water. Not very fun ><

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Ah, that explains alot
    I really hope you will reconsider letting sentinels drop humans into the water though, since I feel the fact that you can drop humans into the water balances out the fact that for humans, standing in a team at the end of the docks is very powerful at the moment. Besides, it's a really fun gimmick and is definitely something I would use to recommend the game to friends etc, just a thought though

Originally Posted by Sianan
    I played a match where we got crushed by vamps throwing us in the water. Not very fun ><
    There's ways to counter Sentinels, including splitting up the group momentarily by rolling away from any incoming Razielim; or moving further towards land so that landing you an offshore job would be less likely
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Happened to me too

Cool Excuting near a wall

Hi,

I was near a wall and executed a alchemist... after that my body stucked in a wall and I couldn't move till I got killed by a "friendly" enemy :) I don't know 100% but the map is called freeport( many roofs and water at the one side of the map)
    I did it 2times and I stucked 2times in the wall... Hope I could help you...

Me 3!

got the same problem with the same map... attacked and i killed and straight away i got stuck in the wall and couldn't get out.

Perhaps you guys should make an \unstuck option or some sort.

Apparently, Tyrant can push you out with charge, as I saw Xaragoth do.

Getting stuck in ropes in Freeport.

Hey guys, been seeing this one pretty consistently. Any time a Sentinel tries to fly a human player over the water, the barrier there thankfully stops an easy kill. However, the main problem creeps up when the human is dropped on the ropes, it leaves them stuck in a falling animation. You can still fire your weapon and use your abilities, but unless unusual circumstances pop up, you're stuck there until you die.

I've gotten unstuck by having an enemy Reaver try to pounce me, or a Sentinel using their default Q ability. Otherwise it's almost impossible to get out of this situation alive.

Characters Frozen, or Stuck

This falls under the bugs of characters floating and stuck:

Characters still freeze when the match starts. Hitting escape to the menu and back unsticks them.

In the Valeholm map, my hunter approached the corner of some stairs and became stuck in his jump over animation, looping it over and over. No key worked. Only when the vampires finally caught up and attacked did it free him of the loop and he was controllable again.

Originally Posted by Magicaltophat
    Hey guys, been seeing this one pretty consistently. Any time a Sentinel tries to fly a human player over the water, the barrier there thankfully stops an easy kill. However, the main problem creeps up when the human is dropped on the ropes, it leaves them stuck in a falling animation. You can still fire your weapon and use your abilities, but unless unusual circumstances pop up, you're stuck there until you die.

I've gotten unstuck by having an enemy Reaver try to pounce me, or a Sentinel using their default Q ability. Otherwise it's almost impossible to get out of this situation alive.
    Friendly can push you off by walking into you.
    This geo bug has been reported serveral times.
    Please consult the bug list under maps for this geo bug.

Collision problems

Stable ping of around 60.

Constantly having my vampire punches go though humans and do no damage.

Also I keep getting stuck on geometry when dodging or using the Tyrant charge and going nowhere.

Dear Oroi,

Did you use the nice search button?
    This will tell you that there is a geometry bug atm.

Why your vampire punches go through humans is strange cause there is decent hitbox around them.
    You sure that you are hitting them?

(The ping does not say alot yet in this game, if the human dodged and you hits and the dodge is registered first that will count and your punch will miss)

My tyrant's arms clip right through the human's model.

I saw the buglist, I don't get stuck in the walls just can't walk by them because a door frame is protruding 2 pixels out from the wall surface.

Honestly I didn't read the buglist that closely because so many games mess things like this up I just assumed it was "intended"

All the maps will be rechecked at some point.
    Next time this happens please create a screenshot and sent it to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com (hope I wrote it good)

Why you where not able to hit the humans I do not know.
    Can you please try again monday?

I'm playing the US tz now.

I really don't understand how dodging works. As a human I can never avoid damage, as a vampire I can never hit anything lol

Dodging is a bit clumpsy.
    I dont recommend to use it.

I might be able to have a game with you wednesday.
    Just add me on steam and we can test this hitbox issue out.

Spawn Bug

I died on the pier on free port, and area where humans can't go, but vamps can. Got sniped by a bow while trying to regain a bit of health. Spawned and I was underwater. After using a few melee attacks and stuff I popped out of the door of one of the houses. It's almost as if I was stuck under the map. I took a SS if you would like to see it.

Had a similar thing when I did a bomb into the water as Tyrant - it came up with the "suicide" message and then respawned me in the water - same as you in that I then after a few moments of having water cam ended up relocating to another location on the map. Glad I'm not the only one who experienced it...but definitely sounds like a real bug then and not just a one off error.

Stuck in a tree after falling down

OK, I guess this is quite a hard bug to get, but I'm still reporting it.

I'm really sorry but I don't remember the name of the map I was when this happened. I could recognize it if I saw it and I'm probably gonna update this report after the next game play session, but in the meanwhile I'll describe what happened. I'll also take a screen of the exact tree where this happened if you like (and I can find it in the middle of the battle).

I was playing as a human Scout when a Sentinel took me up and carried me around for a while. When he dropped me I fell right on a palm tree; I slid on the bark till my feet were at more or less a meter away from the ground, then I just stuck. My character was still performing the falling animation and I couldn't move or attack in any way; funnily enough my abilities still worked (and I was able to throw then in the direction I pointed, even if my character didn't turn around), and I was even able to throw a Gatling turret (whatever it's called, one of the alternative Scout secondary perks), which even more funnily was just a few centimeters from me but still didn't hurt me in any way.

A vampire came and attacked me, but I was still stuck. He died somehow, then another Sentinel took me up again and ended it.

It's funny, my divebomb that landed in the water didn't do it, just when someone shot me O.o the body was even still on the pier.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last