Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Stuck in Geometry

Stuck in Geometry

agreed, played since start of November and never found anything that looks like a tentacle or vine trap.
    could it possibly be just a wall with a static vine that is just scenery that you encountered a bug and got stuck on and not have anything to do with a skill?

Right so I haven't encountered that glitch at freeport again yet but I was on that map today and was a tyrant and I knocked a scout into that rope. It didn't look like it happened to him cause he hit the ground and stood up but I wouldn't be surprised if that was also because I didn't stop beating on him (whereas I was left alone to fall forever in place)

Also one other thing. I know I've read about audio inconsistencies like this in other threads but the only ones I can find are about Freeport and I think Sommerdam (or however you spell it) but I can't find one where they talk about provence? (I don't remember if the map is called Provence or Provenance) Anyway the audio problem was a really loud noise that came out of nowhere near the end of the match and it was so loud I could barely make out the reaver growling or any other SFX. Anyway when the game ended the noise followed me to the lobby so I had to exit the game and restart it for it to stop.
    May The Crow-Father guide you

Post Stuck in tree

So a Sentinel picked me up and when he dropped me I landed perfectly in the tree and got stuck for the rest of the match, Which wasn't much longer so it's not to bad. I just didn't know if this was a known issue or not. Thanks!

Sorry I know I reposted this I feel dumb Lol
    Last edited by Wtfspec; 1st Feb 2014 at 15:29.

Please take a screenshot of the area/bug if it happens again and report it through the nosgothbugs@square-enix.com address
    ...I am very curious about what this is though which map was it on?

Yep it's pretty funny when this happens - you can put a call out to someone to come and kill you in the text chat and hopefully someone will help - the respawn will save you.

May I ask which map it was on? and can you describe the tree area? If this happens again or you experience any other issues the best thing to do is take a screenshot of it happening or if you're too late of the culprit area and send it over with a description to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com

Yep it is know that some (alot) obstacles and invisible wall have some defects in there collision calculator or something.
    Lucy has a solution if you are on the ground you ahve to ask a friend to walk against you.

I have no friends closed beta lol =[.

This happened to me as well, except with a Sentinel who clipped the rope as he tried to pick me up.

You usually can still shoot when it happens though. Things can get very tricky for vampires when there's a Scout sniping them from the unreachable top of a tree.

These stupid trees... Sorry about this. I'll take a look at them on Monday.

Some of the testers must be using unannounced abilities in the newcomers' matches. After all that's the better place, where people don't know the game well already and won't take particular notice to details we would spot immediately, like this one that came out only by chance.

Someone else spoke about somebody using the Reaver's "teleport" ability in a match, the one visible in the latest trailer. Wonder if the new classes are being used already down there.

Wouldn't a lot of the testers be out of the bracket? unless they were making new smurf accounts over and over
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

I guess they can change their level at will, as they can unlock everything they want and work on the game code itself.

A new class based on the Zephonims and likely called "Deceiver" (be careful with the image names, guys...) has just been announced (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/somethin...this-way-comes). If that thing was in game when this happened, we just solved the mystery.

Originally Posted by Wtfspec
    So a Sentinel picked me up and when he dropped me I landed perfectly in the tree and got stuck for the rest of the match, Which wasn't much longer so it's not to bad. I just didn't know if this was a known issue or not. Thanks!

Sorry I know I reposted this I feel dumb Lol
    I once had a case with sentinel. I was standing between tree and a bush. so sentinel flies and pick me up. the thing is I was stuck with him in the tree. few seconds after I am still in the tree with animation like falling can't shoot because i'm 'falling' and if i remember, I didn't take dmg.
    once more. stuck at tree while being kidnapped. and never moved away. the sentinel was gone somewhere. I wonder what was seen on his screen

Yeah I got dropped into one of the really tall palm trees in Freeport (one I’ve never been stuck in before woohoo!) – and was stuck there for a wee bit – I still find it very amusing being an Alc in a tree – though with a random whack of all the keys she fell out which I was surprised about!

Stuck on an invisible ledge...

Played Provance last night and jumped from the building at the back of the map onto the one that is connected to the walkway and I got stuck on an invisible ledge - this happened about 4 or 5 times in the match. By spamming the keys I managed to get free but couldn't climb or anything...

(click image to enlarge)

Oh look, Lucin gets stuck on something.... big surprise there...
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Oh look, Lucin gets stuck on something.... big surprise there...
    Lol if only getting stuck on things gave XP.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Lol if only getting stuck on things gave XP.
    Then you would have been lvl 99
    and wanted to get money for being stuck. :P

Stuck mid-air/endless falling spot

Today I got stuck in that stone tower by the sea (or whatever it is, never had the time to sightsee). It was like the endless falling bug but no sentinels were involved. I was just running and then I was hanging mid-air. The only thing I could do was to control camera (my reaver was also turning). Couldn't even type a message (and once again got yelled at by other players - this time for being afk, which I was not).

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6N0zqBl.jpg

Originally Posted by WhiteFlameKyo
    Today I got stuck in that stone tower by the sea (or whatever it is, never had the time to sightsee). It was like the endless falling bug but no sentinels were involved. I was just running and then I was hanging mid-air. The only thing I could do was to control camera (my reaver was also turning). Couldn't even type a message (and once again got yelled at by other players - this time for being afk, which I was not).

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6N0zqBl.jpg
    This is indeed a stuck in environment. Did you use any skills against the wall? Or just ran into it.
    Your teammates can help you they have to walk into you a couple of times to free you.
    Its a known bug and they will look at it. <--- Devs confirm please

No, I don't think I was using any skills at the time, just passing through the place. I could have dodged though.
    Well, I couldn't even tell them I'm stuck, that's why they thought I was afk. Fortunately I managed to leave the match and enter it again.

I'd seen this bug reported in various topics before but thought it'd be desirable to mention all the specific spots of its occurrences.

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    Your teammates can help you they have to walk into you a couple of times to free you.
    I was able to unstuck someone in Freeport yesterday. Thanks for the solution!

Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last