Page 2 of 10 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Stuck in Geometry

Stuck in Geometry

That map is Freeport (if you were got stuck in a palm tree it could only be Freeport). Thanks for the bug report. If you ever have a chance to grab a screenshot of it that you can then send in that would be most helpful.

Actually, today I played in both Freeport and Provance, and they were NOT the right map. So I guess it wasn't a palm tree, but one of the regular trees in Valeholm (there are just these three maps, ain't it?). It was quite near the central tower, one of those in the "gardens" around it if I can call them like this.

Oh, and how do you take screenshots in the game? I tried with the "print" button on my keyboard, but the image I got was full black.

BTW, today someone else stuck in a wall in Freeport. I'm not sure how it happened so I'm not gonna say anything more specific, but he was a Sentinel, so I tend to except he fell from above like it happened to me.

Since the game runs with Steam I would just use whatever button you have setup for taking screenshots through Steam. I think by default it's F12. Then just email that screenshot along with a brief description (or a link to this forum post) to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com It'll go to the right people then.

Ok, I'll do it.

I've seen the tree now, I'm sure which one it was. It is in Valeholm, one of the ones with a circular flowerbed inside a fence of very short stones. It is opposite to the "fortress" (that place one with some kind of wall where you can go on also as a human), looking it from the "fortress" point of view it is a bit to the right, but still all the way over the central circular building.

I'll take a screenshot of it on Monday if you need it. I didn't use Steam up to now because I wasn't so sure the screenshot wasn't going to be automatically shared on the HUB, but if you say it's safe to do so I'll do it.

Lofo - screenshots taken by F12 are stored on your hdd, it doesn´t upload them automatically.

I landed in a tree yesterday as sentinal while trying to fly over it , pretty halarious. Luckily I was a Sentinal with blastoff, so I was able to get out on my own.

Strike - lol wish I could have seen that did you look like a big bird roosting?

I tend to always have issues with shubbery - when I'm near one my camera gets a view of nothing but the plants and you can't make anything else - it's like watching Nosgoth through a jungle - I can't see where I am to move out of it - then it would be good to have a moveable camera option. The other is if you pounce near a tree - Reaver has a fit if he clips any of the high end branches and it seems to completely stuff up any jump move you are doing - though it's really funny - it would be only made better if he did get stuck or fall flat on his face. I like the fact the plants have substance to them.

Sent you not one but three different screenshots of the tree. Hope this will help.

Stuck in wall after charging with Tyrant

Yesterday i had a bug where a charge got me stuck into a wall with the tyrant , couldnt do annything for 7+ minutes till the enemy team decided to come to my zone and kill me , can't remember the name of the map

Spawn Bug

Hello everyone! I (and 2 of my teammates) ended up finding a rather bizarre spawning glitch on Freeport (I believe is the name, it's the fishing village with the moss covered ruins and stuff)

First off, I will explain the bug and then I will reform what I, and my team, were doing when we happened to get spawn glitched.

There is a big stone cylinder building on the edge of the map, ( I didn't think to look at the map when the glitched happened) this cylinder has an overhead walk way thing that goes around it and above the circular walk way is more stone with one of the Nosgoth symbols carved into the stone (Looks like Mayan thing.) . It was here that I and 2 others happen to spawn into the lower portion of this cylinder like thing with no way out or respawn. No /kill /stuck commands. We could only simply wait for our only team mate to feed the enemy kills to get them a victory (we were winning til we got glitched too, but such is the life of a tester!)

Now I will recreate what was happening before that might contribute to the cause of us spawn in a wall.

The 4 of us were playing humans. We were doing quite well working together and made our fight on the docks. We had pretty good vision and were ahead on kills. We were pretty weak from our last fight when a Reaver had jumped onto one of our, we all turned around to shoot him when a tyrant came from the side crashing killing two of us. As soon as I spawned I found myself in the wall of the said pillar. The third team mate arrived a few seconds after us.

For better directions on this place. If you stand on the docks and face away from the water, towards the village, It will be to your right, you will see the faces that I described. and below them is the balcony, and below that is the area we became stuck on.

I believe we spawned there because, one vampires came (if you are on the docks facing the village) straight ahead, and one to our left. I imagine that the other two vampires had already spawned and I can only Imagine the game would try to spawn us with a bit of breathing room. After all, if we wanted to get spawn camped we'd go and play CoD right? Jokes aside, I believe this to be a glitch based on positioning and the system wanting to give you a bit of breathing room.

This concludes my encountered glitch/bug. I hope I have been helpful in providing information to you guys, and keep up the good work, the game is really well done and smoother than I'd expect for an alpha test.

Yup same thing happened to me i have screenshots of the bug. will provide them if needed.

Map bug

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that when getting near to stair cases in a few maps but mostly in Sommerdamm, that I've been able to get permanently stuck in the scenery until someone kills me. This is both as a human and as a vampire. When I have some time to test this further I'll let you know whether it's maps other than Sommerdamm. Has anyone else run across this one?

Most recently, I was a Hunter and ended up wedged on top of the staircase near the domed area of the map and wasn't able to move until a Reaver pounced and killed me.

Just a small bug, but thought I'd raise it in case it's happening to others

Sommerdamm I think?

If you touch the statue (as a Reaver at least) when running past you will get stuck.
    I was able to get un stuck only by launching off my stealth and mashing dodge immediately.

Different spot, same map, have screenshot.

Can this be moved to technical discussions please? Sorry!

bug jam

On the map sommerdamm playing for tirant ran into the door from the side of the destroyed wall and got stuck in the door

Dear KareeLL,

Thanks for reporting next time please create a screenshot and follow the steps in the following topic:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7921

This way the Dev team will have a clear view on what and where you got stuck.
    (It is known that you can get stuck in the environment and if iam correct the team hopes to fix it all soon)

Glitch At The Docks and Small Weird Glitches

I haven't seen this anywhere in the forums so far and quite honestly for my first day playing I came across one glitch in a match and two weird ones in the lobby screen. No audio inconsistencies or graphical errors. So far, it is in Alpha but anyway...

So what happened was in my third or fourth game, I was playing a scout and we were in Freeport. I think everybody was at the docks it was a war zone, and so I'm standing in the background, desperately firing arrows when I think it was a Tyrant drops down and I decide to run away like a coward. Then, he hits me with some move that knocked me a couple feet in the air which isn't a problem... until you become the man gravity forgot. I stopped falling right near the roped off edge of the dock in the center and my guy was stuck doing the falling animation and I couldn't move. However the game is as balanced as you say it is because I was able to fire my weapon still. Didn't have a chance to see if I could use my skills still because I was knocked out of my perpetual state of falling, allowing me to move again before I died literally 5 seconds after. I'm sorry but I forgot to check the server I was on. I think from now on when I join a lobby I'll write it down so I remember but it was a North American server that much I know.

Also I know this has been brought up already which is why I only mentioned the 1 error but just to re-establish glitches that are happening are actually happening

1) only says "entered the lobby" or "room" when someone enters but doesn't say the name of the person unless they leave
    2) Tried changing my name in the lobby screen and the chat went haywire going "Crow-Father God of Murder changed their name to Crow-Father... Crow-Father changed their name to Crow-Father God of Murder" over and over again. It didn't stop until I joined a match. I asked other people in the lobby and they said they didn't see it appearing in the chat box and my name didn't change while in the Lobby but when the match started it made the change and kept it.

Other then that great game have a goodnight

Yeah there's been an ongoing problem if you are hit into the ropes/fences or dropped onto it in Freeport...I've experience myself many a time - it still hasn't been 100% fixed but it's a lot less buggy than it used to be.

Bug - Entranglement puts you in wall

I was hugging the wall as I ran up a stairwell as a human Alchemist in the tutorial 4v4 map. I got hit by an entanglement trap of sorts and it lifted me into the wall. When the trap was gone I was stuck in the wall. I was unable to free myself and had to wait for someone to kill me to allow for a respawn.

hi, I 'm not sure I know of any kind of "entanglement trap" that vampires have, a common way to get stuck in things is if a sentinel grabs you but you get stuck on scenery, sometimes you can get stuck on some things just by passing them.

if you do think it was a trap could you describe what the trap did? was it black smoke? green smoke? sudden flash? did it cause any damage?

you see there are vampire skills that briefly stun, or cause damage or both but I can't think of a single skill which would be classed as an entanglement trap as vamps have no traps that I can think of and entanglement trap would indicate that its purpose was to disable your movement.

The trap appeared to look like a tentacle or vine like trap. The trap raised me off the ground and prevented movement. I have seen it on a few occasions though not sure of the actual ability.

There is no such ability in the game currently. When you say tutorial map do you really mean the rank 1-9 lobby?
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Yes the rank (1-5)? lobby. I will attempt to pay closer attention the next time that happens to give a better description.

Page 2 of 10 First First 123456 ... Last