Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Sorcerer, Prestige armory, de-evolution

Sorcerer, Prestige armory, de-evolution

Originally Posted by LemonLimeMan
    It takes less time to grind gold then it does to grind out a whole class and you are not forced to play as the class to get gold. I don't see why we have to lock out a set of skill for a class.

Hypothetically speaking, Tyrant has charge, jump, and telekinetic lung (made up evolved skill). They all serve the some purpose but do it in different situational advantageous ways, why should a newer player or someone that does not play Tyrant often not be aloud to use one of the three side grades?

Also what would be the incentive to grind all the way to level 25 for an ability? If its because it objectivity better then the other abilities then its not balanced with the rest of the class. If its on the same level as the other abilities what is the point of blocking it off compared to the others?
    They shouldn't be able to use them because they didn't work for them. And the 25 cap is for evolved skin. Devolution will occur quite some time after you've obtained that skin. This prestige class is being locked out to act as a actual prestige item. The skin is redundant in that sense because you can purchase it therefore breaking the connection between experienced player who earned it and associating it to guy who had money to spare. Also, these classes would be side grades to their base counterparts. Therefore, while they would be more useful in certain situations, they would also fall flat in others. Just like any set of skills or class. And for LoK fans the devolution of their favorite class would be a MUST. That's the incentive for them. For others, they might just look the new model and may prefer the skills that class has over what the default did. Those skills wouldn't be better, it would just be something they liked more. This whole concept is about true prestige. It's being better than others would be entirely subjective but one thing would be indisputable. Whoever uses one is a beast. That's not something that can be said with the evolved skins.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 25th Apr 2015 at 22:24.

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    They shouldn't be able to use them because they didn't work for them. And the 25 cap is for evolved skin. Devolution will occur quite some time after you've obtained that skin. This prestige class is being locked out to act as a actual prestige item. The skin is redundant in that sense because you can purchase it therefore breaking the connection between experienced player who earned it and associating it to guy who had money to spare.
    How would the leveling work after the first 1 to 25 grind? Would it be a flat reset so you have to do the same grind again? Or would it be 25 to some higher level following the same xp amount increase per level amount? I have recorded the needed amount of xp needed for most of the levels because I wanted to know how long it would take me to reach level 25 for deceiver. I don’t have all the levels recorded but by going off of how the levels I have recorded increase per level I have filled in the blanks. It takes around 385,000 xp to get to level 25, and from what I have seen the average amount of xp most people get for a class per game is 1,200. So it takes an average of 321 games ONLY playing as one vampire to START the grind to the new skills. If it is a second 1 to 25 grind that is a total of around 642 games. As of now the Reaver is the most expensive vampire to permanently buy all of the skills at 8,550 gold. If you just join a game and sit in the corner you get 50 gold it would take 171 games to buy all of the Reaver’s skills, less games if you win or actually play. You are also not tied to just playing as the Reaver is the situation calls that you need to change class. If we added a new set of skills to the list for the proposed prestige skills it would bring the total up to a maximum 255 games. That is around 66 games less than it would take to start grinding for the new skills.
    And don’t say they can buy boosters to speed that up because that would cheapen it as much as just buying the skin.
    Also, these classes would be side grades to their base counterparts. Therefore, while they would be more useful in certain situations, they would also fall flat in others. Just like any set of skills or class.
    Why would the new small set of skills demand so much more time from the player to even get to try them compared all of the other skills combined if they are not objectively better? Why should a player be locked out of a skill that could be useful in the situation they are currently in compared to another the just has put in a massive amount more time into one class? This can potentially create a balance rift between players that have a lot of time to pour into the game vs the ones that don’t. You can argue this already happens with our current store system but it is a 30 games for a skill now to 321+ games for a prestige skill.
    For a game that wants to be a competitive game that is a huge gap that players will be un-balanced to each other based on what skills they are capable of using to adapt. If the skill is so similar to the other that having would not change anything what is to justify the massive difference in time to get it?
    And for LoK fans the devolution of their favorite class would be a MUST. That's the incentive for them. For others, they might just look the new model and may prefer the skills that class has over what the default did. Those skills wouldn't be better, it would just be something they liked more.
    Again if the skill is not better what would be the incentive to grind for it? But I agree with you on the skins. Skins and visual effects that can only be unlocked would be a great way to show that you enjoy a class without potentially tampering with the game balance. That’s why I grinded to 25 with 3 vampires and the alchemist.
    This whole concept is about true prestige. It's being better than others would be entirely subjective but one thing would be indisputable. Whoever uses one is a beast. That's not something that can be said with the evolved skins.
    I agree there should be a way to visually show someone’s skill/love of a class, but it should not be something that locks other players out of gameplay options.

Also keep in mind the way Square Enix has been setting prices to things. If there is something someone is going to WANT they will sell it, the game has to make money somehow.

If there are in fact best abilities for every class, it doesn't take that long to get your first ability. People can just pick the superior ability as the very first one they unlock. Or even better we could report said ability as overpowered and get the devs to weaken it.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    If there are in fact best abilities for every class, it doesn't take that long to get your first ability. People can just pick the superior ability as the very first one they unlock. Or even better we could report said ability as overpowered and get the devs to weaken it.
    What point are you trying to make here? I'm confused as you didn't reply to any particular post and it has been quite awhile since I went over the content of this thread. I only vaguely remember the initial post made and what was suggested in it. Could you clarify?
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 9th May 2015 at 21:51.

I recently beat Soul Reaver 2 and started Defiance. In the end stages of Soul Reaver 2 Raziel is reunited with the old prestigious Sarafan brotherhood. Several of these Sarafan knights wielded magic. They would thrust these bolts of elemental flame or light at you, dealing a small amount of damage. In defiance we see what are directly referred to as "Sorcerers" or something synonymous with that title. They would use magic to buff the Knights. So now I know for sure that humans have spell oriented fighters. But once again, what faction would exist in this time period that would fit the role?

In Blood Omen, Kain fights lots of magic using humans as well. It totally fits for humans to use magic in this setting.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    In Blood Omen, Kain fights lots of magic using humans as well. It totally fits for humans to use magic in this setting.
    I know they can use magic. I'm just wondering what faction could be made that would ONLY use magic. Do you know if those Sorcerers belonged to a guild of some sort? Something that could've survived up to this point. If they were just random individuals I guess Psyonix could make one up.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12