Thread: WHY ARE ALL VAMPIRES BALD? Need humanized skins for vamps.

WHY ARE ALL VAMPIRES BALD? Need humanized skins for vamps.

WHY ARE ALL VAMPIRES BALD? Need humanized skins for vamps.

Seriously, why are all the Vampires bald??? In all of the Legacy of Kain series the vampires all had hair, even Turel. Im not saying I hate the art style the devs have chosen for the vampires, but I am just annoyed by the fact that the vamps lost all their hair. What I would love to see is the art department to get started on some more humanized vampire skins to be sold for rune stones. I just really miss the look of the Legacy of Kain soulreaver vampires and would love to see it reflected on upcoming vamp skins. They need hair.......

Turelim and Melchahim have hair:

EDIT: not all vamps had hair, such as Vorador and Melchiah.

Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 19th Apr 2015 at 18:19.

I guess it's just much easier to create and design hairless characters. Not tied hair moves and I think it's quite difficult to design natural hair movement for a game. Well... dunno, just my 2 cents.
    signature image

Doesn't Nosgoth use the Unreal engine? If so hair psychics isn't a strong point in it.

I feel the fledgling Vampires are as human as they can get,maybe besides a reaver with some hair.
    signature image

No thanks.

Originally Posted by IKathaarI
    No thanks.
    At least give reasons. What's wrong with having variety?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    At least give reasons. What's wrong with having variety?
    It feels wrong, he says vampires need to look more humanized but honestly, they look pretty human as is. As for the LoK games, the only vampires that really had hair was kain, and his lieutenants, all of which are not accounted for this game, while the ones that ARE in Nosgoth, were all bald in their LoK game (soul reaver)

They are in the process of de-evolving into the hideous creatures you see in the LoK games. The game takes place between the time that Raziel gets tossed into the abyss and when he awakens by the Elder God as the Reaver. The game's time setting is well past the time when the vampires resembled their former humanity. Suddenly making them look like their former human selves would mean tossing the game's time-frame back a few centuries. It just wouldn't make sense. Think of what they are in this game, fully "evolved", as the mid-point between their early vampire selves and the de-evolved monsters you see in the Soul Reaver games.

It only makes sense that during their transformation that their hair would fall out. Makes more biological sense to me anyway
    signature image

There's nothing especially human or evolved about having hair. They're becoming more like animals, but there are plenty of animals out there that aren't bald.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I guess it depends on the clan as far as hair goes.

For the Tyrant, the stylized neat hair makes sense to me, they seem very proud and I believe the hair is part of the uniform for them, at least as far as the imperial guard skin goes. I love samurai-esque hair on the imperial guard skin especially, it looks awesome.

For the Reaver, I had always been under the impression that they were seen as the rank and file soldier type vampires, soldiers usually have their head shaved, so for me the shaved head makes sense.

For the Deceiver, they might have hair under their helmets/masks, but we can't see it.

For the Melchahim, they do have hair, makes sense for their vanity.

For the Sentinel, if we got them in the non de-volved state I believe the Razielim would definitely have long hair, I picture it very elegant and noble, probably braided with golden bands as a sign of their dignity and vanity.

For the Rahabim, I believe they will have hair. In fact I hope they do, I assert we have enough skins with masks/helmets on.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

I don't know. I thought the way the Lieutenants had their hair in the SR1 intro looked just fine. The Dumahim were the ones originally based on Samurai, not the Turelim, although I think the just-a-ponytail looks good on the evolved Turelim and it should stay on a couple of the fledgling skins too.

Short hair would probably suit the fledgling Dumahim best, although some styles might look dumb. BTW, it tends to me modern soldiers (and maybe warrior monk types) that shave their heads. I think it mattered less in historical eras like Nosgoth is set in.

Evolved Rahabim might be better off bald as it's an evolutionary advantage for swimmers tot to have hair, since it creates drag under water. For fledgling Rahabim, I doubt it would be an issue as long as it's not a bulky style. Maybe those really tiny plats would suit them.

I think things like hair and facial features could just be a swappable attachment like the Vanguard have with their shield.

Need humanized skins for vampires...Do we though?

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Need humanized skins for vampires...Do we though?
    No, but the point I was trying to make was that hair would not automatically humanize them. I can agree with one part of what the OP was saying without agreeing with the other.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    No, but the point I was trying to make was that hair would not automatically humanize them. I can agree with one part of what the OP was saying without agreeing with the other.
    I was just poking fun at the wording. :P

It'd be neat to have hair (head/facial) as attachments like that. As long as they don't cost much...And as long as my Reaver gets a goatee.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 21st Apr 2015 at 19:02.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I was just poking fun at the wording. :P

It'd be neat to have hair (head/facial) as attachments like that. As long as they don't cost much...And as long as my Reaver gets a goatee.
    Yeah, vampires with goatees are awesome!

Originally Posted by Khalith
    For the Deceiver, they might have hair under their helmets/masks, but we can't see it.
    Well, maybe....

I'm totally fine with the character design!
    Just my 2 cents
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    We might see some if it is long enough to extend outside the mask.