Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Nosgoth Immortal Pack 50% off....

Nosgoth Immortal Pack 50% off....

Thanks for putting the immortal pack on sale...

..after I brought it for 10k runes a few minutes earlier

Contact the support, Im sure they will help you out

BTW what sale?!

Originally Posted by FireWorks911
    Contact the support, Im sure they will help you out

BTW what sale?!
    All founder packs have 25% off.

I'll wait till tomorrow for the live chat.

Received email. Of course they wont refund me the difference in rune stones. Greedy pigs...

Still, I don't mind much. I'm a big supporter of this game <3
    Last edited by Lord_Aevum; 8th Aug 2014 at 07:05. Reason: double posting; please use edit function

Unhappy

As the title states, I feel pretty cheesed off, would love to have saved 50% on this game don't get me wrong I love it and all but ... whoops.

Hi, did you get a partial refund? I'm in the game boat
    Last edited by Lord_Aevum; 8th Aug 2014 at 07:06. Reason: double posting; please use edit function

Same here. Not Immortal pack ofc, but still got myself another pack for 30 days Booster (which doesnt bloody work, since I gues it already expired since I had such booster before with my initial foundr pack purchase). Fix damn boosters.

And refund all those who bought packs today their difference in gems.
    Packs were alredy on sale - puting them on BIGGER sale during sale is beyond my understanding. If you will refuse to refund it I will consider people involved in development and marketing ... not so decent human beings.

Nosgoth Immortal Pack 50% off....

Earlier I purchased the 9,200 runestone pack and bought the Immortal Founder's Pack right before it went to 50% sale. I thought the 25% off WAS part of the weekend sale, but I guess not. You think it would be possible to get those extra 2k runes back, or am I totally screwed? I really love this game and all, but that kinda pissed me off.

Same here but with a smaller package. Bought Warlord pack with my 2k runestones. Now I could get myself a Warband one for that price, how is that fair exactly? Would it be possible to change my package to Warband one instead now?

To be fair they did send emails and announcements days ago that said prices would be 50% during the free weekend. Yesterday was 25% so it was expected to go down more when the FW began.

It does suck when you buy an item that is later marked down even more, but you did think the price was fair when you purchased it right? Much like Steam doesn't honor prices when games go on sale, I doubt SE will either unfortunately.

Sorry you feel jipped. The announcements said all packs would be 50% off during the free weekend though so there was a heads up prices would change days ago.

Didn't get any emails containing the exact % of the discount and didn't find it in any of the announcements either, maybe I'm just blind. But in my opinion it was confusing enough that they made the 25% discount the same day the Free Weekend was suppose to start. It would be fair to understand the frustration of people who just bought it at the wrong time. Would be nice for a runestone refund or an exchange to a better package in my case.

See, I don't remember them stating directly that it would be 50% off. If I recall correctly, they only said that it would be on sale during the beta weekend. I saw that it was 25% off and thought the sale had already started. Unless it did specifically state that and I just misread.
    Last edited by Vaalko; 8th Aug 2014 at 05:18.

Same as Vaalko, didn't see any statements about the discount % and the timing was just perfect for the discount to start. So why change it to 50% a day later? I love the game and will support it till the end, but still a bit frustrating and hopefully the team will understand our situation and help.

Didn't see anything about the 50% off either and bought Warband on wednesday. Feels pretty unfair. (Also the boosters still don't work for many people)

I'm quite frustrated about this. I bought the game 2 days ago, went for the immortal pack. Once I logged in I realized I should have bought runes instead cause it would have been much cheaper in comparison. But the website says nothing about the usage of runes, so I presuimed it was only for cosmetics (skins). Now 2 days later the sale gets announced and I feel double screwed over. Not a smart move, it actually is making me feel a lot less like spending money on this game again...

Tried contacting support to get a refund so I could buy the runes instead, but as expected that didn't work. It's not like I don't want to spend the money on the game cause I do like it, but this just feels like a very unfair situation.

Immortal Pack issue during free weekend

Hello
    two days ago the update for the free weekend was pushed to the live game and with it a big banner on the title screen was labeled "Free weekend" with a link to the store with all the founder packs being 25% off.

I bought the immortal pack as I've read your blog post previously that stated that all the founder packs was going to get a discount during the free weekend, now all that is fine but the day after (yesterday) the prices changed on the founder packs without notice from 25% off to 50% off, I've asked costumer support for compensation as I know it's common practice not to offer refunds for in-game purchases but I was told that you didn't offer refunds but all I'm asking for is compensation in Runestones, I don't think it's fair that the price on the founder packs changed during the weekend without notice and I know I'm not alone as "Victoria" from costumer services said that she couldn't do anything about it but she told me to go to the forum for a chance to talk with someone higher up.

TL;DR

Bought immortal pack for 25% off at the start of the free weekend for 7500 Runestones, a day after the prices changed without notice from 25% off to 50% off (so the immortal pack now costs 5000 Runestones) as I've told customer service I'm not asking for a refund but I would like compensation in some form (2500 Runestones).

Well, customer support just got back to me. They said they could not "refund me the difference," which is a little disappointing. I wasn't really asking for a refund. I was already planning on using my runes to buy skins, etc, so I don't see why it would be a problem if I was compensated. I love this game a lot, and would still gladly have paid for the Immortal Founder's Pack when it was 25% off, but the fact that they are unwilling to compensate players that bought the pack just before they marked it up to 50% off baffles me. I was planning on being a long-time supporter of the game and purchasing more runes, but now I just feel cheated.
    Last edited by Vaalko; 8th Aug 2014 at 13:14.

I feel the same way, I will definitely not buy more runes in the future unless this is resolved I mean come on...

They posted notice on Monday they would go on sale and it said it clearly right in the game that they would go on sale, so I'm curious what more of a notice you guys would have wanted? If you didn't read what was posted how is it their fault? They did all they could to be fair and give warning and you bought the packs at a price you thought was fair. What's there to be upset about?

SixieV, have you read everything I posted? I clearly stated that yes, I know the game was going on sale. However, I saw NOTHING about 50% sale. When I saw that the packs were 25% off, I THOUGHT that was the sale they were talking about, so I purchased the runestones and Immortal Pack afterwards.

Hell, I could care less about receiving the entirety of the 2,500 runestones. I was just planning on buying more runestones to get a couple skins. That's what is frustrating to me. Now I don't really feel like buying anymore after what happened.
    Last edited by Vaalko; 8th Aug 2014 at 13:33.

I'm in the same boat as you Vaalko :/

I guess they don't care too much about it, but in my opinion it's a bit of a douche move to make a 25% discount just at the time when it's logical for the free weekend discount to start and then after a day or less, they make it 50%. I love the game too much to quit it just because of that, but seriously, so many new players bought Immortal packs and are disappointed. Also saw a lot of buying happy customers, who said that they won't buy anymore runestones because of that confusion. Psyonix, you should really consider helping them out or you will just lose future support funds and even lose a lot of players.

I can understand that the originally intended price drop of 25% was thought of being not adequate and that there was a decision made on the first day of the sale to make it a bigger discount i.e. 50%, but then you really need to consider compensating the price difference in some way to those who already bought the packs at a smaller percentage.

It's not the end of the world, mistakes are made - it's how you deal with them that makes all the difference.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vaalko
    SixieV, have you read everything I posted? I clearly stated that yes, I know the game was going on sale. However, I saw NOTHING about 50% sale. When I saw that the packs were 25% off, I THOUGHT that was the sale they were talking about, so I purchased the runestones and Immortal Pack afterwards.

Hell, I could care less about receiving the entirety of the 2,500 runestones. I was just planning on buying more runestones to get a couple skins. That's what is frustrating to me. Now I don't really feel like buying anymore after what happened.
    I read that you said that, and I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk to you while you're down but if they did post warning and you just didn't see it I'm really curious what more you guys would have liked for them to do. That's more like bad luck on your part than the fault of the company.

A couple of days before the sale a friend and I were talking about the 50% discount cuz he was wondering about the Reaver skin in Immortal and the day before the free weekend I told a friend who didn't have the game there would be a 50% discount to look for so it was definitely posted beforehand.

But sucks you didn't see it. Hope you enjoy your pack anyway.

Originally Posted by SixieV
    I read that you said that, and I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk to you while you're down but if they did post warning and you just didn't see it I'm really curious what more you guys would have liked for them to do. That's more like bad luck on your part than the fault of the company.

A couple of days before the sale a friend and I were talking about the 50% discount cuz he was wondering about the Reaver skin in Immortal and the day before the free weekend I told a friend who didn't have the game there would be a 50% discount to look for so it was definitely posted beforehand.

But sucks you didn't see it. Hope you enjoy your pack anyway.
    There was a warning? Could you possibly give us a link to that post?

I don't know about you, but the email I got from SQUARE ENIX announced a 25% discount, not a 50% one. As much as I am truly grateful for this generous act, we do need to be fair and honest about this.
    signature image

OK, I hope this post won't insult anyone because that's not my intention. So I see many people are angry because they bought Immortal pack on 25% discount, only to find out it went on a 50% discount a day later.

I've seen that happen countless times on Steam, especially during this year's Summer Sale. You see an offer, game is on a certain discount and that offer lasts for... let's say 3 days. During these 3 days it's possible that the game goes on an even bigger discount. But one thing's certain. After 3 days, the offer ends and game returns to it's old price.

I'm really sorry if you bought Immortal pack when it was on 25% discount, but the thing is, pretty much all stores have the right of modifying prices without any announcements. Reason they announced the discount was to create hype. They didn't have to say exactly how much that discount would be or if it would change. It's simple marketing. And marketing has some moves.

And while it is true there were some moves with this game that disappointed me as well (I'm looking at you class lvl increase from 20 to 25 when evolved skins got released) it pretty much comes down to your choice will you buy something or not. You know what they say, think before you buy it.

So basically the only person you can blame is yourself for being impatient. If you knew the offer lasted for a few days, you didn't have to buy it straight away, you could have waited for the last day to buy it. Good thing about digital distribution is that game copies can't go out of stock

TL;DR – No offense, it's your own fault for being impatient. Marketing is a b*tch.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last