Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Nosgoth Immortal Pack 50% off....

Nosgoth Immortal Pack 50% off....

Originally Posted by RazielOfNosgoth
    There was a warning? Could you possibly give us a link to that post?

I don't know about you, but the email I got from SQUARE ENIX announced a 25% discount, not a 50% one. As much as I am truly grateful for this generous act, we do need to be fair and honest about this.
    I didn't take screenshots. There was the email about the 25% which started very early in the week (On Tuesday I think?) and the in-game announcements gave information on the free weekend and one of the popups said something like 50% off all packs Aug 7-10. Right now the ad is in the store part of the UI.

I thought it was nice of them to give notice because like Obisher said some companies just post sales with absolutely no notice, that's their right, and Steam is one of them. Buy a game full price, then an hour later its 75% off and there's no way you could have known. But that's the way things go some times you just have to accept that you thought the product was worth the price you paid when you bought it so there's no use in being upset because you didn't save a few bucks after the fact. Just shrug it off as bad luck and enjoy the product.

It's happened to me once, I waited and waited for a game to go on sale, finally I couldn't take it anymore and bought it at full price, next day it was $3. It sucked majorly but I laughed it off as super crappy luck and enjoyed the game anyway. I didn't expect Steam to give me a discount because I willingly paid the full price.

It really sucks but from a business standpoint its unfair to expect compensation even if they didn't give notice because where would it end? You buy it the day before and want compensation. The person who bought it a week ago wants compensation. The person who bought it a month ago wants compensation. Pretty soon they're compensating everyone who ever bought it.

Will it go into effect if I just buy the pack off the steam store? I don't feel like having to put more money then I need to in my steam wallet to purchase them in game.

Will it go into effect if I just buy the pack off the steam store?
    Yes, it is on sale on steam as well.

Originally Posted by SixieV
    I didn't take screenshots. There was the email about the 25% which started very early in the week (On Tuesday I think?) and the in-game announcements gave information on the free weekend and one of the popups said something like 50% off all packs Aug 7-10. Right now the ad is in the store part of the UI.

I thought it was nice of them to give notice because like Obisher said some companies just post sales with absolutely no notice, that's their right, and Steam is one of them. Buy a game full price, then an hour later its 75% off and there's no way you could have known. But that's the way things go some times you just have to accept that you thought the product was worth the price you paid when you bought it so there's no use in being upset because you didn't save a few bucks after the fact. Just shrug it off as bad luck and enjoy the product.

It's happened to me once, I waited and waited for a game to go on sale, finally I couldn't take it anymore and bought it at full price, next day it was $3. It sucked majorly but I laughed it off as super crappy luck and enjoyed the game anyway. I didn't expect Steam to give me a discount because I willingly paid the full price.

It really sucks but from a business standpoint its unfair to expect compensation even if they didn't give notice because where would it end? You buy it the day before and want compensation. The person who bought it a week ago wants compensation. The person who bought it a month ago wants compensation. Pretty soon they're compensating everyone who ever bought it.
    I understand what you're saying entirely. It's also happened to me a couple times before with steam games. But this event is different for me. Steam usually gives NO notice of when games are going on sale, so it's pretty much a gamble when buying on there. However, that's not the case for me here. I saw the advertisements for the upcoming sale during the free Beta weekend, but I saw nothing about it being 50% off. I honestly believed the 25% sale was part of the weekend sale that they were advertising, which is why, in this case, I feel duped. I know my impatience and stupidity play a major role, but it just doesn't feel right.

Besides, I'm not asking for compensation in money. I would gladly have them keep the money that I payed them for the Nosgoth Immortal Founder's Pack. The thing that gets me is that before they marked the sale up to 50% I was thinking of purchasing more runes to get skins, since I was indecisive on just getting one skin with the runes I had leftover. I'm not asking for my money back; I'm just asking to get at least some runes back so I could purchase a skin.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12