Thread: The Five Bottles?

The Five Bottles?

Is it me, or are some people blowing the difficulty of 'The Five Bottles' out of proportion. I get that some people may think this is difficult, but the junkyard isn't a giant, sprawling area, you have to run through. Also the only things you have to grab are bottles, I mean you're not grabbing a bunch of 'fake bottles', and getting Chloe to examine them. Also Max gives you hints as to where you can find these bottles. It's really not that difficult.

The reason why I'm asking, is because of a review I read in 'Gameinformer'. They gave this episode a 6 something, and said the five bottles quest was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Really?

I don't know how they came to that conclusion at all! You just need to be observant and think about what you're doing rather than blindly rushing around everywhere hoping the bottles will spring up out of the ground and fall into your awaiting hands.
    signature image

It was a 6.5. I think one of the bottles required a time-reversal (the one by the crate that falls). I remember having a little difficulty finding all 5. I suppose you could complain about it, but I never thought it was a problem. The area was fun to explore, and you learned a bit more about major plot elements.

Regarding the score, I personally think that point-n-click adventures can never be higher than a 7. So, a 6.5 is very good for this genre. However, video game journalists are unprofessional and have no barometer for scoring games. They score by "feeling" and/or "hype". It is not objective, unfortunately. My interpretation of the Game Informer 6.5 is "this game isn't cool like The Walking Dead, but it's enjoyable, so I'll give it a 6.5".
    signature image

I freely admit I had to look up where the bottle SPOILER at the bonfire was. It was tucked away in a corner, and I missed it walking by twice. Outside of that one, I think it was fine.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

That's because it wasn't a bonfire, it was a little campfire hidden in a cramped area where two people could barely fit (safely). Bonfires are usually large and in open spaces. Looking for this bottle was the most annoying part of the game so far for me because the developers didn't seem to understand what a bonfire is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Not to be confused with campfire.

A bonfire is a large but controlled outdoor fire, used either for informal disposal of burnable waste material or as part of a celebration.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonfire

Good point ^
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Yeah I don't understand especially "you tubers" who struggled a lot with this sequence of the game. Personally it wasn't an easy find but I couldn't notice that the time I took finding them because I was so immersed in the game and I really liked the place, so I found myself exploring the area with no intent of finding bottles actually, but I did, so if it asas difficult I cou notice really.... The only thing I struggled with was the diner where we show Chloe our powers, because I think it was glitches on the "cop" choice.. Because I continued the next day without any issues.. So yeah. It was odd, I was immersed and didn't notice the difficulty or if it is one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mercyva20x2 View Post
    Yeah I don't understand especially "you tubers" who struggled a lot with this sequence of the game. Personally it wasn't an easy find but I couldn't notice that the time I took finding them because I was so immersed in the game and I really liked the place, so I found myself exploring the area with no intent of finding bottles actually, but I did, so if it asas difficult I cou notice really.... The only thing I struggled with was the diner where we show Chloe our powers, because I think it was glitches on the "cop" choice.. Because I continued the next day without any issues.. So yeah. It was odd, I was immersed and didn't notice the difficulty or if it is one lol
    I actually had a problem with the diner as well. I knew Chloe was going to ask for proof, I just didn't realize how much she wanted, or what she would be asking for. Also I didn't notice the cockroach on the wall, until it came up as an option for Max to chose from.

Also I will admit that I couldn't find all five bottles quickly, but like you, I was immersed in the game. Finding the bottles was the last thing on my mind.

Omg how hard is to press Shift+Tab and clicking on the bottle guide in the Steam overlay?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeSuperFan View Post
    I actually had a problem with the diner as well. I knew Chloe was going to ask for proof, I just didn't realize how much she wanted, or what she would be asking for. Also I didn't notice the cockroach on the wall, until it came up as an option for Max to chose from.

Also I will admit that I couldn't find all five bottles quickly, but like you, I was immersed in the game. Finding the bottles was the last thing on my mind.
    I took screenshots of each item and just looked at them later when she asked.
    Last edited by frag971; 23rd May 2015 at 22:41. Reason: post

Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    That's because it wasn't a bonfire, it was a little campfire hidden in a cramped area where two people could barely fit (safely). Bonfires are usually large and in open spaces. Looking for this bottle was the most annoying part of the game so far for me because the developers didn't seem to understand what a bonfire is.
    This. I spent at least an hour looking for this particular bottle. The hint was constantly on in the background and I looked EVERYWHERE for a proper bonfire. I think I investigated 100% of this area, feeling like I was playing Final Fantasy grinding every corner. I did not give up and found it in the end, but I wish the hint were a little more detailed than just the word "bonfire".
    I must admit it felt particularly challenging for a game like this, especially since the rest of the bottles were within reason.

Besides this, I loved the episode and can't wait to play the rest!