Thread: What would you like to see when the game is announced?

Post What would you like to see when the game is announced?

We're getting close to 150 comments in the Hitman 6 wishlist thread with ideas, thoughts and comments about what you'd like to see in the game.

As we're getting closer to officially announcing the game a little later this year, I was curious what would be on your wishlist for that.

Share your wishes, hopes and dreams for what you'll see when the game gets announced...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_IO View Post
    We're getting close to 150 comments in the Hitman 6 wishlist thread with ideas, thoughts and comments about what you'd like to see in the game.

As we're getting closer to officially announcing the game a little later this year, I was curious what would be on your wishlist for that.

Share your wishes, hopes and dreams for what you'll see when the game gets announced...

My biggest wish is to see a return of the good old riflecase, filled with the W2000 or Barret 50.Cal. That would be awesome in combination with big ass sandbox maps.

Whatever they show us about Hitman 6, I hope it makes me react like this.

You guys have been dark for a while. Glad to hear from you travis (still waiting for those extra goodies on your twitter )
    My wish:
    Show what makes hitman, hitman.
    -Him taking someone out and taking his disguise (or even better have 47 leave a safehouse in a disguise, with hair and all, like in the books. Maybe as an intro so we don't immediately know what game it is)
    -Lead up to 47 pointing a gun at you, like in the amazing blood money trailer. That way people get a feel that 47 is a very intimidating figure and that he seemingly comes out of the shadows.
    Those are the two simple but very important parts of hitman in my opinion. Someone to be feared, who can dissappear when he wants to.

The rest can just be showing off ideas etc.
    Maybe while 47 is holding the gun he explains how one of your colleagues is about to have their evening tea, with something extra he put in (Flashback of 47 taking a waiter disguise and poisoning tea). That your other colleague that enjoys star gazing shouldn't stand outside alone (Flash back of 47 sniping him from a distance... WE NEED SNIPER MISSIONS )
    And ends it all with: "This is all business."

Maybe a shootout when a hit turns sour, since another aspect of hitman is that he is capable on handling things when they go south.
    All in all. If the trailer can deliver the feeling that 47 is indeed a very intimidating/shadow figure, that can be standing next to you, I'll be happy.
    Same goes for the game of course

cheers,
    Rahx

Oh Forgot. Most important part is MUSIC.
    DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF HANS ZIMMER THEME.
    Since its overused in today's market. Having that theme will make anything seem unorignal and rather cheesy.
    Use something that calls out the elegance of the hitman franchise, 'and please not Ave maria.... Well maybe at the end of the trailer

Hi Travis,

what would make me interested the most and what I would like to know from you is whether Jesper Kyd could produce the music again. It's enough for me also, if you could tell if you've ever asked him or he would for ever come into question.
    I would really appreciate it if you (and general) might say that the soundtrack.

A trailer akin to this would be fine:

As for details, the standard Game Informer type interview would be great.

Try and give away as little about the game as possible(locations, weapons, disguises).
    Try to capture the feel of the franchise but make sure there are no spoilers. Too often developers release lengthy playthroughs, ruining the wow factor for me.(You guys did too with the library playthrough of Absolution )

Get back into the original style that was in the first three games. The first three HM games were dark, serious, and mature, but after that the game devolved into a spoof and just got really silly after contacts, and I always hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBirdNL View Post
    Try and give away as little about the game as possible(locations, weapons, disguises).
    Try to capture the feel of the franchise but make sure there are no spoilers. Too often developers release lengthy playthroughs, ruining the wow factor for me.(You guys did too with the library playthrough of Absolution )
    I think the problem with Hitman: Absolution was that they didn't tell us enough about it so we weren't able to give enough feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Get back into the original style that was in the first three games. The first three HM games were dark, serious, and mature, but after that the game devolved into a spoof and just got really silly after contacts, and I always hated that.
    Wow, you didn't like Hitman: Blood Money?

[1.] Bringing out the hitman's old story of his self. knowing if he is a product with a barcode or a human inside.
    [2.] Only ICA files available to the to the player, in the sense that a target and place is assessed only by the information available in the ICA files real mind boggling involved with very less support on field.[This will require removing or altering the point reward system]
    [3.] Newspapers, Public opinions, Conspiracy talks, Hideouts. AND don't make the man so frekin obvious with his bald head that entire police district is after his detectable ass.
    [4.] When there is a need for open and loud kill then there it should bring out the real skill[ Altering point system req.]
    [5.] Kill the American hitman, Make him connected more to his birth roots [Romanian, Chinese, Russian mix]

Correct me if I'm wrong. But they wanted to know what you want to see in the reveal.
    Not what you want in the game.
    So I believe they are asking, what kind of trailer do you want.

Hey Travis' its "kovacs" from the last forum...

I assume we are following the announcement of the previous title not the game it self but the time scale.

Absolution official announcement - first trailer came out on 6th may 2011.

while Hitman 6 was already announced over a year ago with no new info since.

I expect Hitman 6 to be there at E3 with a probable release date of 2016 spring perhaps.

obviously there has to be new information coming out before then.

For me a long trailer will do of 3 _ 4 minutes and pictures. I'm sure we can all wait for the gameplay for E3 and there after.

it will just set the agenda regarding the new game without too many spoilers e.g. like the Blood Money trailers

If I'm not mistaken then the getting ``close to 150 comments`` is a strong Hint of some thing to come once its achieved?!/.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkovacs View Post
    If I'm not mistaken then the getting ``close to 150 comments`` is a strong Hint of some thing to come once its achieved?!/.
    I was just acknowledging that there's a lot of chatter about what to find in the game, but not a lot about what to see from the announcement. Getting to 150 comments won't trigger anything special, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by semajmarc87 View Post
    Wow, you didn't like Hitman: Blood Money?
    I liked most of the stuff that they added to the game but I hated all the unnecessary goofy stuff that they put in there. So for me the 90% of the game that was good, was tainted by the 10% that was so bad it completely ruined the game for me.
    For me hitman bloodmoney was one step forward and three steps back. Say the news paper in hitman blood money was a step forward. The fact that they didn't take the stories that were in them seriously, and put all kinds of lame jokes in it, thats three steps backwards. Another huge step backwards was how they unnecessarily change 47's personality from the first 3 games. I guess they were thinking that would make him seem cool or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But they wanted to know what you want to see in the reveal.
    Not what you want in the game.
    So I believe they are asking, what kind of trailer do you want.
    Well the op said what would you like to see in the game.

Darn it! well in that case show us ""EVERY THING"" when you announce the game , better , bigger , brimmer Hitman then last time.

Part of why I joined this forum instead of the other 1 was so I could help to complete "150" comments so we may get something special.

But since you have clarified, its hard to read between the lines as you guys have made our expectations Sky High!

You cant really blame us, can you? Just don't "dissssaaaaaPPPPPPPPPPointtttttttttttt" is all we ask!.................

Dark, intense, depressing atmospheres and tones. I'd really love to see at least a few levels with the "Contracts" feel.

Some actual threats/badass/"serious" villains - no cheesy or over the top ones like in Absolution.

Good disguise system (like BM), less reliance on things like instinct etc.

Basically, a really improved version of Blood Money with some inspiration from Contracts.
    Last edited by Topper05; 28th May 2015 at 16:48.

A perfect Hitman sequel would be a mix between Hitman Contracts and Blood Money gameplay with Absolution graphics and animations improvements!!

H6 = H1, H2, H3, H4 Gameplays + H5 Graphics

And so the countdown begins!!
    That new 'secret title' has a few similarities old users might pick up on. Or I'm just getting ahead of myself in anticipation.

Nothing best than showing the gameplay. I enjoyed a lot your library 15-min video
    --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZYBmCLfaI
    Last edited by EpicSides; 5th Jun 2015 at 04:18.