Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: So what happened to Megan Reed?

So what happened to Megan Reed?

So what happened to Megan Reed?

No matter what ending you choose in HR, we know she goes to work for Bob Page. And we also now that (for better or worse) she was an important part of HR and to Jensen.

So what do you think happened to her in the events between the end of HR and MD? Does Jensen maintain some kind of relationship with her? Do they severe all contact with each other? Has any of her work made it into the world of MD and will we be able to use any of it? Her research is extremely important to the series as a whole, so my thought is that she'd show up somehow in the next game.

Originally Posted by Stellazira
    And we also now that (for better or worse) she was an important part of HR and to Jensen.
    She might have been important to Jensen, but I question her importance to HR. She is there in the prologue and she shows up just before the end. Her role in HR could be filled by a pamphlet. Her motives and goals are hardly explained or really looked upon. All we really know is that she got freaky with Jensen's DNA and decides to start working for the Illuminati at one point.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

She was the worst and the player had no reason to care about her. I assume that will continue.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    She might have been important to Jensen, but I question her importance to HR. She is there in the prologue and she shows up just before the end. Her role in HR could be filled by a pamphlet. Her motives and goals are hardly explained or really looked upon. All we really know is that she got freaky with Jensen's DNA and decides to start working for the Illuminati at one point.
    Originally Posted by 68_pie
    She was the worst and the player had no reason to care about her. I assume that will continue.
    Thus the initial comment "for better or worse". She partially drove the story, but many people (myself included) feel like it could have been done better. She was important because it was her research that started the events of HR and her research eventually leads to huge advancements in augmentations, but all of that still could have been included in the story and any kind of relationship with Jensen wouldn't be necessary. It could have just been Sarif saying to Jensen "see what you can do about finding out what happened to our scientists".

I'm not suggesting she would need an important role in MD, I guess I'm asking if people think or if they would be interested in a follow-up on what happened to her. MD may do just fine without mentioning her at all, but emphasis was put on her in HR. Maybe just a newspaper article about her for those who are interested in taking their time to read everything.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    Whether we like it or not, she was a part that drove most of the story. Her research and relationship with Jensen, her betrayal - I mean, Jensen is looking for her the whole time. Though, I kinda cannot stand her at the moment, I'd like to know what happened to her.

I'm not suggesting she would need an important role in MD, I guess I'm asking if people think or if they would be interested in a follow-up on what happened to her.
    I'd be interested in more of her simply because I want to know more about her motivations in HR. She was criminally underdeveloped for someone who, according to the start of the story, should have played a key role in the behind the scenes events.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    Whether we like it or not, she was a part that drove most of the story. Her research and relationship with Jensen, her betrayal - I mean, Jensen is looking for her the whole time. Though, I kinda cannot stand her at the moment, I'd like to know what happened to her.
    After meeting her at end - I felt I wanted to hit her. I had just done full care-bear playtrough, but her betrayal made me feel that she would be 1st character i wouldn't just tap my Q. But hold it for loooong time. I felt she is the antagonist of the game. Always so close, yet so manipulative.

But as much as I dislike her, I'd as well would love to hear more of her side of the whole deal.

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    After meeting her at end - I felt I wanted to hit her. I had just done full care-bear playtrough, but her betrayal made me feel that she would be 1st character i wouldn't just tap my Q. But hold it for loooong time. I felt she is the antagonist of the game. Always so close, yet so manipulative.
    Me too. However, I actually felt bad for Jensen more than I felt disgusted by her actions.
    She's the reason men might have issues with trusting women.

I think Megan Reed will play an important role, because Jensen is still in love with her, probably.
    Maybe she'll romance Bob Page and it'll end up in a heartbreaking cutscene, where Ben Saxon hugs crying Jensen, tells him that everything will be okay and he'll be there for him no matter what.

Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    Maybe she'll romance Bob Page and it'll end up in a heartbreaking cutscene, where Ben Saxon hugs crying Jensen, tells him that everything will be okay and he'll be there for him no matter what.
    Funniest post so far in this thread.

Double Z's likes himself some fine Saxon - Jenson heat.

With the direction the story is taking, it would be very strange to not hear from her again. If the arc really needs to continue, the least one can do is present her as more than a plot device.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Funniest post so far in this thread.
    Honestly, I feel like this romance idea was underused in DXHR. I'd like to learn more about Jensen's feelings and how he feels bad because one woman made a boo-boo, and another died in his arms. He's a hero, but when he comes home after a bad day, he cries in his bed, because when everything will fall, no one will be there for him to hold his hand...

...except Ben Saxon. We need more of the more-than-friendship between men in Deus Ex. I'd love to see the moment when Jensen feels so good, so he kisses Ben Saxon and runs off giggling like a schoolgirl.

As long as it all happens while BB King plays in the background.

"When it all comes down
    Look for me
    I'll still be around."

To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    With the direction the story is taking, it would be very strange to not hear from her again.
    Well, we did see Jensen remembering her for less than a second in the trailer.

...except Ben Saxon. We need more of the more-than-friendship between men in Deus Ex. I'd love to see the moment when Jensen feels so good, so he kisses Ben Saxon and runs off giggling like a schoolgirl.

Honestly, I feel like this romance idea was underused in DXHR. I'd like to learn more about Jensen's feelings and how he feels bad because one woman made a boo-boo, and another died in his arms. He's a hero, but when he comes home after a bad day, he cries in his bed, because when everything will fall, no one will be there for him to hold his hand...

I want this in the game now.

I feel like Megan is misunderstood, but a bit of a douche I suppose.

Maybe they'll retcon it so that she was only in a relationship with Adam to study his DNA...

I think Megan Reed will play an important role, because Jensen is still in love with her, probably.
    My boy.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpies
    Maybe they'll retcon it so that she was only in a relationship with Adam to study his DNA...
    As interesting as that would be, something tells me it had to be more than that. I think that the scene at the beginning where Pritchard interrupts them in the elevator wouldn't happen otherwise.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    As interesting as that would be, something tells me it had to be more than that. I think that the scene at the beginning where Pritchard interrupts them in the elevator wouldn't happen otherwise.
    She could be a sociopath that likes to pull Adam's emotional strings.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpies
    She could be a sociopath that likes to pull Adam's emotional strings.
    I like the way you think.

Next thing people will be saying is that she's working for the Hung Hua Hotel or similar establishment doing... you know.

Next thing people will be saying is that she's working for the Hung Hua Hotel or similar establishment doing... you know.
    "Mmm... for 10 credits I will perform slapdance like a h... holy skit, Adam, don't tell me you've come all the way here to... to... oh, damnit, I hate you, but I'll still do my job, yeah. And I'll work with you too, Ben, just like Bob worked with me... mmm."

I think Adam would like to "teach her a lesson", if you catch my drift.

"Mmm... for 10 credits I will perform slapdance like a h... holy skit, Adam, don't tell me you've come all the way here to... to... oh, damnit, I hate you, but I'll still do my job, yeah. And I'll work with you too, Ben, just like Bob worked with me... mmm."
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 18th Apr 2015 at 20:25. Reason: merged double post

And in this case Jensen is a moron. How can you be there to save the world - pull so many questionable and corporate deeds on the light and still be so blind. I am not that keen on the ever-lasting love angle though. It rarely is appealing in games. If i want to watch love stories and sob-stories I can open TV and watch some soapoeras.

But i do like this cutscene idea too !

I wish they just dropped the whole Megan business altogether, but considering she was the only character from HR who made it into the new trailer, i'm not optimistic. I kind of hate her, tbh.

It's not that I'm against romantic subplots on principle. Considering the broad theme of the last game - what does it mean to be (or remain) human - a love story was practically begging to be written, but why did it have to be handled in such a cringey-terrible way? Why did Megan have to be such a vacant, wishy washy weaksauce fool without any will or convictions of her own whatsoever. Eughhh.

Originally Posted by MrSirShpee
    I think Adam would like to "teach her a lesson", if you catch my drift.
    "Oh, honey?" *tap, tap" *whack*

On that note, I'm totally down with some hot manlove between Jensen and the yellow hoodie guy. Who's with meh???

Prostitutes at least do an honest job, even if some think it's immoral. Megan is a betrayer, there's no honesty there. Even Dante wrote that the great three betrayers are being chewed by Satan. Might as well add the fourth one...

Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    It's not that I'm against romantic subplots on principle. Considering the broad theme of the last game - what does it mean to be (or remain) human - a love story was practically begging to be written, but why did it have to be handled in such a cringey-terrible way? Why did Megan have to be such a vacant, wishy washy weaksauce fool without any will or convictions of her own whatsoever. Eughhh.
    Perhaps because having fairytale love would be mainstream. The only thing about this love story I don't like is that Adam is driven by his feelings for Megan, not by his need to save the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last