Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

Hello everyone! Here's an off-topic area for you all in our new DX:MD forum.

Do you want to talk about cake, that weird dream you had, or your latest book/film/TV show?

Any newcomers or old faces want to introduce themselves?

Here's the place for it.

Let's start you off. My name is Lucy, I live in England, any cake with butter icing will do, the last dream I remember was about a dinosaur apocalypse (it was excellent) and I'm currently discovering the ridiculous joy that is Stargate.

Have fun!

It's a miracle, the mythical city on the hill, and I am its king.

Edit: I am JCpies, I used to be called JCpie. If you don't know/remember me, I guess you could call me a veteran DX fan. I grew up on the first game, dabbled in the second and spent a lot of time getting hyped about Human Revolution (and playing it once it was released of course). I was here to experience the old forums, the regenerating health controversy, the "small heads" debacle, the caption thread, the cow's head, the copypasta, the ask JJB series and all that good stuff. And some not so good stuff too, like the departure of many cool studio people and forumites.

Good times man, good times. Let's see what Mankind Divided will bring...

Hopefully another caption thread.
    Last edited by JCpies; 11th Apr 2015 at 18:14.

JCpies? He's gone plural! God help us all.

Originally Posted by JCpies
    I am JCpies, I used to be called JCpie.
    New forum murdered your name as well, or have you simply increased your desire for pie?
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

HEY. JCPIE(s) I REMEMBER YOU. AND Irate. I guess. All we need now is for CodEllite to make a comeback. Ah. The times. I'm still sore I can't to get Vallux with a V. Quite likely I made an account way back when and have since forgotten about it. Sooo...

HEY Y'all. I'm vallux. I like Deus Ex. Made a lot of meaningful contributions on the old forums starting from early 2011.

Hi, i am Dvay and I on my 1st day here already pissed off Frank unintentionally and made a "good" 1st impression. I promise I stay away from trouble now on.

Hiiiiiiii.

Originally Posted by vallux
    HEY. JCPIE(s) I REMEMBER YOU. AND Irate. I guess. All we need now is for CodEllite to make a comeback. Ah. The times. I'm still sore I can't to get Vallux with a V. Quite likely I made an account way back when and have since forgotten about it. Sooo...

HEY Y'all. I'm vallux. I like Deus Ex. Made a lot of meaningful contributions on the old forums starting from early 2011.
    You don't remember me.

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    Hi, i am Dvay and I on my 1st day here already pissed off Frank unintentionally
    Oh just offer him some poutine and he'll be fine. Welcome to the forums by the way!

Yeah, it was my comment about FB Deus Ex community and it sounded as if I attacked this community and all this jazz. I wanted to hide my face deep on my palm. I did lurk on old forums for years, but I never came to join, sod knows why.

I do hope to redeem myself on the eyes of community with fan art. I think [read: hope] I draw better than speak English. maybe I should draw JC Denton, since it was DX1 fans I pissed off
    Last edited by Dvaythavvar; 13th Apr 2015 at 16:13. Reason: typo

Yeah, it was my comment about FB Deus ex community and it sounded as if I attacked this community and all this jazz. I wanted to hide my face deep on my palm. I did lurk on old forums for years, but I never came to join, sod knows why.

I do hope to redeem myself on the eyes of community with fan art. I think [read: hope] I draw better than speak English. maybe I should draw JC Danton, since it was DX1 fans I pissed off
    I wouldn't worry about it, and Frank seems unusually cranky. Nobody takes kindly to feeling attacked by a strawman or generalization. There is a group of people here who were not roundly impressed by HR, and this is a place where you can engage with those people one-to-one. Just keep that in mind and things will be fine. Welcome to the forums!

Myself, I'm a long-time regular who vanished for a while. Happy to be back though.

I have to say that I had a pretty decent slice of carrot cake the other day. It was a great start to the day. I later threw a sweatshirt on the ground several times while a colleague recorded it.
    Last edited by Jerion; 11th Apr 2015 at 22:02.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Originally Posted by Spyhopping
    You don't remember me.
    Uhh, I felt I didn't need to mention you separately because you are so memorable it was obvious I'd remember you.

Hahaha nice save.

JC Danton
    Who?

Originally Posted by Jerion
    I wouldn't worry about it, and Frank seems unusually cranky.
    One of the two things which occurred when turning 30. The other one is suddenly enjoying regular unflavored chips. Life works in mysterious ways!

I've never held a grudge in my life, so no worries there! Anyone and everyone can disagree with every single word I type, as long as they come in with something to say about it. I make my research on what people are saying, and expect others to do the same.

Since we're all reintroducing ourselves, I would be Frank. Been spending way too many sleepless nights in this joint, and have had the pleasure of exchanging and learning from a great many deal of fun and knowledgeable people in here. Regardless of difference of opinion, I hope to meet many more!

PS: Welcome back, John!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Man it is really good to see all you DEHR forum veterans back here. New forum made me put 89 after my name since ZakKa was already taken
    Last edited by ZakKa89; 12th Apr 2015 at 10:51.

(click image to enlarge)

I'm Master Taffer. I lurk around and watch you all. I'm always watching; always listening. I see you when you're sleeping, and I know when you're awake. I know if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by MasterTaffer
    I'm Master Taffer. I lurk around and watch you all. I'm always watching; always listening. I see you when you're sleeping, and I know when you're awake. I know if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

I think you're both confused about the time of year.

Originally Posted by Spyhopping
    I think you're both confused about the time of year.
    It was snowing here 2 days ago, not sure what time of year is ... what is it ?

Threads of randomness - my favourite threads.

Long story short, my name is Ivana and most of my posts are in Tomb Raider section. In 20 years of my existence on this world, I don't remember loving anything as much as bitter/dark chocolate. My current fun is human physiology and The Little Prince.

Though I'm aware that people get very heated up when it comes to Internet discussions, I'm looking forward to sane and non-judgmental discussions here.

Been wasting all day on the fan art I promised to make up my terrible entry to forums and sad thing is - what started as JC Denton ends up being Jensen :/

This what I've done this far and I think now I need a nap. Uploaded this to show it to some friends, but heck of it, can as show this WIP on the tavern too. Based on trailer, no idea what to do with background yet and if I ever (if!) finish it I toss it on main image thread. http://sta.sh/021sz1uzscg0
    Last edited by Dvaythavvar; 12th Apr 2015 at 17:20. Reason: Added lil sample of my silly doodle.

Cake is delicious. I should make some. For myself.

Myself, I'm a long-time regular who vanished for a while. Happy to be back though.
    Did you get demoted or do moderators no longer have a big banner showing them to be mods?

Originally Posted by ZakKa89
    New forum made me put 89 after my name since ZakKa was already taken
    Crappy software didn't allow me to use a space in my name. Had to settle for an underscore. I hope that isn't a harbinger of things to come with MD.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    Though I'm aware that people get very heated up when it comes to Internet discussions, I'm looking forward to sane and non-judgmental discussions here.
    If this place hasn't changed too much we mostly do polls and super lengthy posts filled with negativity.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    Did you get demoted or do moderators no longer have a big banner showing them to be mods?
    We're incognito at the moment.

We're incognito at the moment.
    We walk among you.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I like it! It's like the old days.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last