Thread: The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

Can't stop watching the Mankind Divided trailer, it's so well directed and the animation is just incredible and it's really reminiscent of the Human Revolution trailer.

(click image to enlarge)

Uncle took possession of his Tesla S P85D, and took us for a long city and highway test drive.

I will forever be haunted by the indescribable feeling of that euphoric ride!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    Uncle took possession of his Tesla S P85D, and took us for a long city and highway test drive.

I will forever be haunted by the indescribable feeling of that euphoric ride!
    It may be indescribable, but surely you can describe it in some sense, I have no idea what it is like.

(click image to enlarge)

Jeeze. Installed my new Super Flower 750w Leadex PSU (EVGA Supernova G2 in the States I think). It comes with an "eco" fan setting. The fan doesn't even spin unless it's needed. It's so *** quiet. I don't trust it tho. We'll see.

Originally Posted by JCpies
    It may be indescribable, but surely you can describe it in some sense, I have no idea what it is like.
    It's hard to explain because there is nothing else to go by. I would say the most significant contribution to the overall experience is the humanly imperceptible reaction time between you touching the pedal and the car becoming in movement. It's as if the vehicle moves out of sheer will, because we're not quick enough to sense the delay. What this essentially does is making you feel as if the car was just a prolongation of your own body, or more precisely, that there is no car at all.

You partly get a sense of this as you drive the Tesla, but it only truly becomes obvious when you get back to your explosion engine. I rode back with my brother in his 370Z Nismo, by all means a respectable driver's car, and for the first time in my life, I've felt all the parts, gears and bolts of the engine painfully setting into motion. What was an impressive acceleration time became a tedious process, as if we were inside of an enormous metal monster battling against gravity to get into movement. This, coming from a guy who almost only truly feels at peace when behind the wheel of a car.

It's not that I dislike explosion engines. There are faster cars than the Tesla. Some gas engines are far more impressive in terms of engineering. But that feeling. You can't forger it. It stays with you, and doesn't easily let go.

As a side note, some have complained about the "one-pedal" driving, or at least commented on necessitating an adaptation period. As someone who always only drives using the gas pedal (in automatics anyway), and only uses the brake pedal to remain fully stopped, not only didn't it require any adaption, but it felt like the logical evolution and conclusion of my driving style.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

New Star Wars trailer:

Definitely a lot better than the first teaser. I think this is the first time I've felt some excitement about a new Star Wars movie. Still bugs me that they declared the EU non-canon but maybe this will be fun.

Originally Posted by vallux
    Jeeze. Installed my new Super Flower 750w Leadex PSU (EVGA Supernova G2 in the States I think). It comes with an "eco" fan setting. The fan doesn't even spin unless it's needed. It's so *** quiet. I don't trust it tho. We'll see.
    I need to build my own PC so badly, I just have no money to do it... I'll have to bookmark that one, though.

Okkkayy.. What is this? A new Deus ex game??? I remember I read somewhere that something was on the works but I didn't know it was announced. I just came to post an introduction to the thief forums and.. well, a pleasant surprise.

My name is Sotiris, I live near the sea and summer is coming. Last months I was busy playing the Thief series for the first time (which was amazing) and doing some other stuff and so I didn't know anything about a new Deusexy game. My favorite game of all time is Deus ex, the first one mind you. I was always lurking in the shadows of the old forums since 2008. You probably don't know me but I know you.

Anyway, I am looking forward to all these exciting and terrifying discussions that will come (maybe more than the game itself).

Originally Posted by Sotcitcio
    Anyway, I am looking forward to all these exciting and terrifying discussions that will come (maybe more than the game itself).
    What is it with people here? Does DX series really turns the man into a beast addicted to insane Internet-discussions?

Welcome aboard and good luck!

Originally Posted by AlexWeiss
    I need to build my own PC so badly, I just have no money to do it...
    With all the progress, I'll have to do just the same.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    What is it with people here? Does DX series really turns the man into a beast addicted to insane Internet-discussions?
    It's worse...

jokes aside, some of them get surprisingly intellectual though. I don't find that in many forums.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    What is it with people here?
    You make it sound like the Codex. We're not that bad.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    You make it sound like the Codex. We're not that bad.
    It was a joke (because I noticed 3 or 4 posts in this thread where people mentioned the nature of discussions here).

Originally Posted by Sotcitcio
    You probably don't know me but I know you..
    I feel a sudden urge to lock my doors and cover my webcam with a towel!

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    I feel a sudden urge to lock my doors and cover my webcam with a towel!
    "I now have full access to your systems."

Welcome, Sotcitcio. Enjoy the forum.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

... am I only one, who wishes a DX forum skin here

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    Nope. The only skin that really works is the sickly blue one.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

A new skin is definitely required. I want black and gold.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    A new skin is definitely required. I want black and gold.
    It's not only the theme-with-game reason I miss it. I found old forums-scheme easier to read as well. Eyes kind of rested on the dark, and were able to focus on text much better. White back and black text exhausts my eyes fair bit more.

Agreed.
    signature image

It's not only the theme-with-game reason I miss it. I found old forums-scheme easier to read as well. Eyes kind of rested on the dark, and were able to focus on text much better. White back and black text exhausts my eyes fair bit more.
    That's why I use TR 10 dark. We've bothered Driber over there until we got the dark theme because our eyes would drop out. But the Deus Ex theme is definitely needed.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    New Star Wars trailer:

Definitely a lot better than the first teaser. I think this is the first time I've felt some excitement about a new Star Wars movie. Still bugs me that they declared the EU non-canon but maybe this will be fun.

23. I made a CSS theme for these forums, which requires using the Stylish add-on for Firefox or Chrome.

https://userstyles.org/styles/108499...ums-deus-ex-hr

I use it with the Option 2 wallpaper, and DX Universe logo image. It looks best when used with the "Square Enix" forum theme here.

I have not seen "Interstellar", but damn did I feel the same as Matthew McConaughey during that video.

Also, hello! I am new here and hope to make wonderful, exciting, cryptic posts for all to see .

Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarusHelios
    I made a CSS theme for these forums, which requires using the Stylish add-on for Firefox or Chrome.

https://userstyles.org/styles/108499...ums-deus-ex-hr

I use it with the Option 2 wallpaper, and DX Universe logo image. It looks best when used with the "Square Enix" forum theme here.
    The theme is great! The only thing is that people's name banners are all with a white background :P. Is there a way to change that?

Page 3 of 15 First First 123456713 ... Last