Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415

Thread: The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

And it's over. Apparently I couldn't discover some side quests, but those I did were great, exactly the kind of content I like to see in a Deus Ex installment. The ending of the main quest itself was really abrupt though, without saying too much.

Originally Posted by Mrhonshu
    Hey does anyone know if the new game plus progress stacks? Like a new game++ the game is amazing by the way
    AFAIK there's no NG++, only NG+, in other words, a NG+ save isn't eligible for another NG+.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

This game really has divided mankind...

Mission accomplished.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

Finished the game last night, loved it. It got in my head in a way no game has for years.

Excellent, wonderful work EM, thank you!

Hey, good to hear you enjoyed the game.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying the November sunshine. Right now it feels "hot" in my back garden! So weird.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Woah, its 2017. Wishing you all a very good New Year.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Same to you!

Merry Christmas ya animals. I mean New Year. I mean, damn. Were the forums really down for like a week and a half or was it on my end. It just said maintenance.

It was down and since I haven't been on here for quite a while, I was already thinking that the forum's gone for good now.

I think we lost a lot of members when we migrated. It's still ticking along though.

Originally Posted by Spyhopping
    I think we lost a lot of members when we migrated. It's still ticking along though.
    That's quite the understatement. Anyway, what are your thoughts about MD?

Dunno about Spyhopping but to me MD felt weird. I mean the hype was there the 5 years after Human Revolution but the game felt weird when I finally got my hands on it. I wanted more hubs and the story ended so abruptly. It's obvious they were building this bigger universe and that they would flesh everything out in sequels and books and stuff. Bold move, Cotton but maybe Square Enix isn't the best publisher for that, with their rather unrealistic sales expectations constantly in the news., and while I love Deus Ex, it's still pretty niche in 2017. Or maybe not niche. Dunno, it's not COD or maybe more closely Dishonored which has Bethesda and Zenimax behind it.

The thing is, after my first run, I didn't even feel like another playthrough. No hunting for Foxiest of the Hounds or other completionist stuff. I played through Human Revolution like four times in one day I was so excited but this, nowhere near that. Maybe it's me getting older, or burnt out with newer games. I don't have the same energy. Now I play through a game once and that's it. Dunno whats up with that. I still want more Deus Ex and Jensen but the DLC is probably the last we'll see of him apparently for the next million years. I blame Square Enix, they expected 200 million games sold, didn't they. Goddamnit.
    Last edited by vallux; 26th Feb 2017 at 11:24.

If you're interested, I have posted my own thoughts here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...42#post2292342

For me it's normal, that I don't want to replay a (non-arcade) game anytime soon after finishing a playthrough. Actually, it's even likely that I don't finish a game at all. If I do, it's a sure sign, that I was enjoying it a lot. My passion for gaming and the time I spend with it has decreased quite a bit in recent years too, btw.. Growing older does that to you, I guess but I'm not really worried - as long as it's not completely gone anyway.

Originally Posted by SageSavage
    If you're interested, I have posted my own thoughts here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...42#post2292342
    Yeah, your post pretty much describes my feelings about the game. Gameplay-wise it was much tighter and the new engine looks pretty gosh darn good. I started playing the game again yesterday, figured what the hell. Maybe now I'll get the achievements. The first time I played through the game I kinda tried getting Foxiest in the first playthrough but I kinda lost interest in the game somewhere around GARM. Waiting for a drop in DLC pricing, maybe not. Gonna play through System Rift and A Criminal Past nontheless.

Maybe it's me getting older and having played so many games. It was easier as a kid, having your parents buy you a game any now and then. Now, I can just buy everything I want and in the process there's not that much to get excited about anymore. There are some exceptions, positive surprises. I'm trying new genres outside my action-adventure-RPG comfort zone.

EDIT: Oh jeez. I so halfassed my first playthrough. New Game + is a new world. Hacking every team member computer at TF29 before even talking to Miller. Missed so much good intel and lore. I mean damn.
    Last edited by vallux; 27th Feb 2017 at 15:45.

Originally Posted by SageSavage
    That's quite the understatement. Anyway, what are your thoughts about MD?
    Sure is, place is a ghost town.

Hate to lead with a negative (also getting old) but I want to acknowledge that you lot are echoing lots of my concerns too. I really wanted more after the game ended, the story finished abruptly. I also got pretty fed up of Prague toward the end, even in its gorgeous rainy cyberpunk exit.

But hey. I wanted MORE. I still want more (I've just played Criminal Past which was fantastic, so now I have DX brain again). MD's story felt smaller in scope than HR and a bit cut short but it was still really engaging. My attitude when a game doesn't hold my interest is to just get distracted by something else. I did it with Dishonored 2 and I even did it with the Witcher 3 which seems like a great game that just meandered a little too much to hold my interest. MD really got in my head, the setting and the story absorbed me and I loved it. I was really gutted when I heard things were on hiatus. It'd be sad if that was the last we saw of DX from EM, I feel like they have unfinished creative business.

In a lot of ways, MD felt like the way HR should have been. It was slicker, more full of detail, and in some ways more buzzing with conspiracy. Gameplay felt satisfying and intuitive, music wasn't melody-driven or bombastic like the original but it really set the scene and I found myself listening to it afterwards. Adam felt more real - going back to HR he now seems kind of comical. He's still a bit of a dick in cutscenes (I was drawing parallels to the asinine behaviour of Wolverine when I saw Logan last night and then he actually said the words "I never asked for this"!) but that's ok, he seems to chill out when you're in-game. He has these sad eyes and comes out with some great dialogue. Character wise? Loved Miller and the other boys in TF29. Female characters were a bit mushy though, Vega was kind of annoying. There's some moments of excellent writing, especially in Criminal Past. How did you lot find that DLC?

If I was getting graded on this I'd get marked down for poor conclusion but it's 11am and I need to eat something.

Criminal Past was good, kinda liked System Rift too. Criminal Past has a few choices in it too. My escape from Butcher B...Penley T Housefather Penitentiary was a little loud. I wonder if it could have played out differently.

Originally Posted by vallux
    Criminal Past was good, kinda liked System Rift too. Criminal Past has a few choices in it too. My escape from Butcher B...Penley T Housefather Penitentiary was a little loud. I wonder if it could have played out differently.
    It was a messy exit for me- tripped up many times and set off lots of alarms. Found it quite challenging to keep stealthy and non lethal.

I wonder if
    I did and it was a mess. Managed to keep it nonlethal though, I was pretty stocked on biocells by the ending.

Originally Posted by vallux
    I wonder if
    I did and it was a mess. Managed to keep it nonlethal though, I was pretty stocked on biocells by the ending.

This is a great track - the theme repeats but makes it kind of meditative. Love it from around 10 mins in.

Hi all! I'm a long time Deus Ex fan (so much so I spent a year and a half making a Deus Ex 1 Total Conversion mod). So I'm pretty bummed that it looks like Deus Ex is going on hiatus. And with Ghost in the Shell floundering in theaters and Cyberpunk 2070 maybe not coming out for who knows how long, it's a sad day for cyberpunk.

I've been game developing for about fifteen years now, and I'm hoping to help keep the genre alive, or at least on life support. I've got a cyberpunk game on Steam Greenlight right now called "Neofeud", and it's a Dystopic adventure game in the vein of Blade Runner, Beneath a Steel Sky, Technobabylon, and other point-n-clicks, but with an overlay of Game of Thrones-like political intrigue, and 1366x768, hand-painted, stylized visuals. If it does well, I'll use the profits to hire on a team to do a fully-fledged 3D game again, if I can afford it.

Here's the Steam Greenlight page:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tats/894789880

The music is something I really liked in both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.

Hi there,

My name is Krzysztof, I'm based in London and would love to get to know some fans of the original Deus Ex game. Maybe even set up a regular meetup group and work on real life projects based on Deus Ex fiction. I have a few ideas.

At this moment I'm sitting in a cafe in Stoke Newington which is pretty much a yummy mummy central, eating an overpriced leek and spinach tart and listening to Leterel by Autechre on my headphones and loving it.

Hi, My name is Krzysztof and I'm based in London, UK. I'm a huge fan of the original Deus Ex and I'm interested in real life projects based on Deus Ex fiction and possibly a London meetup. I have a few ideas and I'm certainly going to explore and I have the means to make some of them a reality if I manage to find talented and like-minded people to work with.

Other things I'm into include playing the guitar, listening to ambient music, hodling ethereum, educating myself on the history of the Cold War and devouring insane amounts of Japanese food.

Page 15 of 15 First First ... 51112131415