Thread: The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

Two DX1 remake threads in the front page, some threads from 2015...

Maybe we need another "unintentional" press demo leak to spice things up a bit.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

Hi, i am Nissa and I on my 1st day here already pissed off Frank unintentionally and made a "excelent" 1st impression. I promise I stay away from trouble now on.

Corvo sounds just like Garrett!! I knew it ha ha

Originally Posted by vallux
    Uhh, I felt I didn't need to mention you separately because you are so memorable it was obvious I'd remember you.

Hahaha good save.

Glastonbury Festival is almost upon us!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Hay everyone i'm new to the forum but i'm a huge fan of Deus Ex and i can't tell you how many times i beat the last game, really looking forward to the new one so i thought i would say hello and whats up

Welcome, Agent.
    signature image

well hello to all from Polish female DE fan as i started from original DE what happened to be installed on mine old primary school computers and well we all at that days played games on IT lessons always before break, aside that i played all DE games what been released and well can't wait for DEMD. Just again hello to all

Good to have you on board.
    signature image

Hello all! This is my first post on these forums, and I'm a relative newcomer to the Deus Ex series as a whole, having only been introduced to Human Revolution just a couple years back. But needless to say, I was gripped by the world and the story and the characters, and I'm very excited for DX:MD.

Welcome aboard
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I never finished the last Deus Ex, because I kept getting slaughtered in some warehouse mid-way through the game.
    But I would like to fiinsh this time
    On Xbox One as SofaJockey. 30 years of computer RPGs.

Hello everybody. Nice to see another DX title releasing. My childhood pretty much consisted of Deus Ex 1 and multiplayer through GameSpy. That was 15 years ago. Now I'm an adult with an Adam Jensen trenchcoat in my closet as well as a few Belltower t-shirts. Yeah, I know...

If any old DX1 Multiplayer (DXMP) guys are still around, I'm Amme. Shoot me a PM if any of you are reading this, would be cool to catch up.

Welcome, welcome. Launch day people. PC too, timezones man.

A warm welcome to all new recruits! Shades on.
    signature image

New guy here. Just ordered the game from Amazon waiting for it to come in tomorrow... Love the background story so far although I know very little about it. I like to be surprised by the game so I'm not reading too much on its background. I like a little suspense everyday hehe... Glad to be here... wish I was really augmented myself already in 2016!

So how's everybody doing? How do you like the game so far? Did the old gang in Eidos forums all move on? I think I recognize only 4 or 5 people.

I mostly stay in Steam discussions and r/deusex instead of this place, the front page seems to be full of threads asking technical questions, but it doesn't mean I don't love you. ♥
    Last edited by besyuziki; 26th Aug 2016 at 15:48.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

4 hours in and it's fantastic. I'm separated from my xbox all weekend and just itching to get back and play... it's got in my head.

May have glanced a small spoiler already, so won't be back till I'm done! Enjoy the game everyone.

I shall put many hours in this weekend. So far, after around ten hours, I'm greatly enjoying it. Prague is amazing.
    signature image

Originally Posted by besyuziki
    So how's everybody doing? How do you like the game so far? Did the old gang in Eidos forums all move on? I think I recognize only 4 or 5 people.
    I pop back in here about once a year for a few days just to see what's going on. Pretty much the same ol' same ol'. For some reason, the new EM/SE forums seem kinda dull compared to the old Eidos forums (no disrespect intended to the wonderful mods MyImmort... uh, Lady_of_the_Vine and Jerion (and the rest)).

As for DXMD... yeah. Haven't got it yet. Still not sure if I want it. Frankly, every new game in the franchise seems worse than the previous, or at the very least, no better. I'm also not liking some of the stuff I'm hearing about microtransactions and one-time use stuff. Not that I would be doing any of that anyway.

So, yeah. Not seen much to convince me to get this game. Seems likely I'll end up waiting six months or a year, when most of the bugs are squashed and the price drops.

Originally Posted by MaxxQ64
    ...(no disrespect intended to the wonderful mods MyImmort... uh, Lady_of_the_Vine and Jerion (and the rest)).
    Lots of love from all of us, as usual.
    signature image

The game is very good. 15 hrs in trying to nonlethal and ghost through it, failing at it too. Gonna go lethal no s given next playthrough, playing around with the more offensive augs. PC version running pretty smoothly. It's heavy though, some pretty GPU intensive stuff in the PC version. Good thing I bought the GTX 1070.

Also holy crap at the amount of new threads, all these new guys complaining and making threads for every new thing. I mean I welcome one and all, but sometimes I wish they'd get off my lawn, you know.

I had a chance to play a bit more this weekend. It's going great so far, but what I've read about the ending is a bit discouraging. Anyway, a few pointers:

I think they wanted to discourage disabling object highlighting this time, the world is a lot less sterile now, and to make a distinction between actual interactable objects and clutter, I just had to enable it, as I was missing way too many things. And I always kept it off in HR.

The "customization" of the UI is very welcome, but a tad overrated. Adjusting the scale and making different elements switch between always on/off and auto hide is a nice thing to have in a game, but there's a lot of room for improvement, like placing the elements where you want. Instead of displaying Adam's energy and health as bars for the "just remove your brain and have some fun" crowd, there could be an option to show them as numbers. Ditto for augs and their low/medium/high energy consumption. How low is "low"? Show me numbers.

People say that stealth and non-lethal is still better XP-wise, but the imbalance between playstyles is a lot less noticeable to me compared to HR. Off the top of my head using a code grants XP, not just hacking.

So far the side quests have been as engaging and fun as those in HR, the immense city layout is also great.

I'll share more when I actually finish the game, if my PC doesn't burn to a crisp first.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

Steam has be logged at 27 hours playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I don't know how close I am to the end, but I feel like there's still lots more. I've gone off to Golem City and come back to Prague.

As far as bugs go, I haven't seen anything more than one or two glitching NPCs. And there've been no crashes since the first day.

The story is engrossing and there's so many interesting side quests.

My experience has been excellent.
    signature image

Hey does anyone know if the new game plus progress stacks? Like a new game++ the game is amazing by the way

Page 14 of 15 First First ... 4101112131415 Last