Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

QTE "cinematic" takedowns = no purchase

Hi. I'll make this short.

Absolutely loved Human Revolution, but really couldn't accept the fact that there's no real melee in the game. The takedown animations broke immersion, had bad audio engineering and were just... cheap.

If Mankind Divided does not have actual melee combat and resorts to similar "cinematic" takedowns where control is taken away from me while I watch a poorly animated takedown... count me out.

You know how they say "no dedi no money"

well, no melee no money

They already confirmed as much, 3rd person takedowns are in. Also, didn't you watch the demo video?

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    They already confirmed as much, 3rd person takedowns are in. Also, didn't you watch the demo video?
    Only partially. I try to minimize my exposure to gaming press these days. Helps avoid spoilers and unrealistic expectations.

Yeah, you're out of luck regarding the hope of an actual melee system. We begged for its inclusion in Human Revolution also to no avail.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Even Doom 4 MP has first-person takedowns. Which is (was?) stupid in a MP mode, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifJgOossDk
    Last edited by xaduha3; 23rd Oct 2015 at 14:19.

It's worked well for many other games. It's satisfying and intuitive, and doesn't break immersion in the way a third-person transition does. Really no excuse to not st least make them first-person other than the "cool" factor.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by hekoone
    My humble advises for developers:

1) Listen to the fan base about technical problems, do not behave as we saw with HR Director's Cut! (An please, read the HR forums about DC problems and release a last patch to fix it, it's your *best* spot for MD)

2) Re-read 1)

3) Do extended quality assurance tests/controls! Adam Jensen actually doesn't ask, he BEGS for this!

4) Think about HR design flaws.....here's my list:

*HR tactical augmentations (mark&track, search timer, etc.) are not worthy: never used one, EVER! See Crysis 2/3 Visor, that is a good tactical enhancement system!
    *crouch-running is silent without any augmentation: it's simply overpowered! Make it noisy without a proper augmentation
    *takedown types are not selectable: make them selectable (an action-oriented punch vs a stealth-oriented grab from behind)
    *the player doesn't need a proper augmentation to takedown an heavy trooper: make heavies more challenging (see Far Cry 3/4)
    *enemies and cameras heading is visible on the standard radar, make them visible after a proper augmentation
    *tranquillizer darts can penetrate every armor and helmets: only light armors, please!
    *the weapons are not unloadable: a STALKER-like magazine management (load AND unload) would be awesome.
    *the player can't choose to grab a copy of a weapon already got: make it possible.....to sell the copies! And obviously tune the economy of vendors for that.
    *the guards/bouncers (->The Hive) are not bribable: make them bribable (see Skyrim). And please, avoid non-sense situations like exiting The Hive from the frontal door if entered from other zones (sewers/ventilation system)
    *the battery management is TERRIBLE: make the last used battery rechargeable, not only the last remaining one!
    *Icarus Landing System doesn't consume energy: it's absurd!

5) and technically speaking:

* brightness AND contrast sliders
    * proper AA tecnique (MSAA, not only FXAA/SMAA/MLAA)
    * resolution-indipendent HUD (for who loves downscaling as AA method)
    * in-engine cutscene videos (NOT pre-rendered)
    * fluid animations for every contest-related action in 3rd person view (in HR you can magically open a door without your hand )

6) Last but not least: More (MOAR) alternative routes! The essence of DX!
    Up for August 2016
    Last edited by hekoone; 18th Nov 2015 at 21:08.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    It's worked well for many other games. It's satisfying and intuitive, and doesn't break immersion in the way a third-person transition does. Really no excuse to not st least make them first-person other than the "cool" factor.
    In Syndicate the first person takedowns are top-notch!

Just show the PC version of the MD .

Intro movie to equal or surpass this, minus the cringy "where's that cyber arm prosthesis", idk why.

I wonder if the second one will be similar to Mass Effects 2s intro sequence, would be fitting
    Last edited by DanTheGamer11; 1st Dec 2015 at 19:14.
    Forgot password, RIP.

Hacking UI of DXHR is slow and sloppy. Here's how:
    1. Use directional control
    2. Confirm node selection
    3. Second directional control selection and hold
    4. Confirmation action button stroke.
    ⌯ 4 separate steps.
    ⌯ The sticky directional, while handy, frequently meant that any two nodes in proximity often conflicted with one another, resulting in holding to the one or over shooting the other, increasing response time and frustration. Whilst networks conceivably have no shape, if you intend to mimic circuitry layout, there should be zero overlay in circuitry pathing.
    ⌯ Secondary control selection, when under duress, would often not hold or not pickup the desired selection. This is likely a less than 1/10th sec problem that is tied with mistiming the confirmation stroke, again increasing response time and frustration.

Desired Hack UI for DXMD:
    1. Sticky directional control node selection
    2. One of four assigned action buttons
    ⌯ 2-step selection / action process.
    ⌯ Maintaining the B / O button as [Disconnect/Exit], A / X button as go [Hack/Capture], leaving X / (Square) and Y / (Delta) for the stop worm and nuke attacks, respectively.
    ⌯ This UI is far more intuitive, mimicking the supposed usage of the user's mind to initiate and control the hack, has fewer steps and selections, and is thus inherently faster, for those of us who enjoy hacking every node and don't wish to be limited in our response time by poor UI design when hundredths of a second matter.
    ⌯The sticky directional is already a selection, it does not need a confirming button press as there is no three-dimensional aspect to the hack interface or circuitry path and thus never a node underneath another node.

There is no reason why any action taken should require 3 selection strokes when 1 is sufficient. One might claim there are more than 4 possible actions, however Fortify command is contextual, as it may only be performed on an already held node, and thus should only come up after a node has been captured, in the same location as the [Hack/Capture] command. It is asinine for it to show at any other point. The single most used command [Hack/Capture] should be mapped to the single most used key: A / X button (MB1), not the direction furthest away.
    Last edited by Korruptor23; 1st Mar 2016 at 05:59. Reason: Formatting...

Could this please be sticky please so all our ideas can be collected in once place?

Get back the DX 1 XP system.

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345