Thread: What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    All of this was achieved in HR, but you seem like you disliked the game before it even came out so you failed to see that. Besides, physical space and sense are not good reasons because the game is not supposed to imitate the real life anyway.
    That's a ty argument and one that I would like to see retired before we get more of that drivel during the development of this game. We had more than enough of that on the old boards. Let's also retire "you just want DX with new graphics" while we are at it.

    Choice and consequence in augmentation choice was non-existent except in the first visit to Detroit where praxis points are painfully rare and you need a ton of them to access all the cool bits and the QoL upgrades. That was still more choice than consequence. Certainly before you reach the Pangu this doesn't matter anymore.

    Gameplay, balance and replayability are good reasons to restrict more powerful augmentations. If you get all the major augs the game becomes a joke in the difficulty department and it isn't hard without them. There are no obstacles that you can put in that would challenge such a player without crippling a char with fewer praxis points. There are no enemies that could challenge such a player without making it impossible for lesser auged player. There is almost no reason to replay because you've seen all areas with all augs in one playthrough. A new game will hold no surprises or interesting twists on gameplay. DX did it better with the upgrade canisters but that game had quite a few choices that were nowhere near equivalently powerful.



    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I didn't play the game enough time to max them all out, but I remember the game warning me that I won't be able to upgrade all augmentations, therefore I should be careful what I choose or something like that.
    Yes, the game did warn you about that. This is an outright lie. There are enough praxis kits and XP points to max out every aug if you go all munchkin on your char. Even if you played a standard no-kill hacker it was possible by the end of the game to max out all the major upgrades and most of the minor ones as well.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    That's a ty argument and one that I would like to see retired before we get more of that drivel during the development of this game. We had more than enough of that on the old boards. Let's also retire "you just want DX with new graphics" while we are at it.
    The topic tends to pop out way too often, but I'll drop it. No point in discussing a sequel with people who disliked the game so much that their every post is full of negativity towards the game.


    Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    Choice and consequence in augmentation choice was non-existent except in the first visit to Detroit where praxis points are painfully rare and you need a ton of them to access all the cool bits and the QoL upgrades. That was still more choice than consequence. Certainly before you reach the Pangu this doesn't matter anymore.

    Gameplay, balance and replayability are good reasons to restrict more powerful augmentations. If you get all the major augs the game becomes a joke in the difficulty department and it isn't hard without them. There are no obstacles that you can put in that would challenge such a player without crippling a char with fewer praxis points. There are no enemies that could challenge such a player without making it impossible for lesser auged player. There is almost no reason to replay because you've seen all areas with all augs in one playthrough. A new game will hold no surprises or interesting twists on gameplay. DX did it better with the upgrade canisters but that game had quite a few choices that were nowhere near equivalently powerful.
    They can restrict certain augs by not making them available until the certain moment, for example. I believe they're creative enough to think of something.
    Replayability was there. You can play different ways, you probably didn't max out everything the first time you played, you can choose the order of your augs to see how they work against bosses...


    Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    Yes, the game did warn you about that. This is an outright lie. There are enough praxis kits and XP points to max out every aug if you go all munchkin on your char. Even if you played a standard no-kill hacker it was possible by the end of the game to max out all the major upgrades and most of the minor ones as well.
    IMO, it's not so bad that you can max all of them out. That requires a certain way of playing, being all ghost and pacifist, right?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,497
    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    No point in discussing a sequel with people who disliked the game so much that their every post is full of negativity towards the game.
    Not every post. As I have said multiple times before, if Human Revolution didn't have Deus Ex in the title it would be a 7/10 game.

    I point out flaws because I want it to be better - I'd call that positivity

    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I believe they're creative enough to think of something.
    I'm not even going to touch this one. (See, I can restrain myself )

    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    IMO, it's not so bad that you can max all of them out.
    Save it for a New Game + if you must but don't have it be possible in the regular game.

    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    That requires a certain way of playing, being all ghost and pacifist, right?
    Double takedowns generate the most XP.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Originally Posted by 68_pie
    I point out flaws because I want it to be better - I'd call that positivity
    You might as well take the game box and put a finger on it then. Yeah, yeah, I'm dropping it now.


    Originally Posted by 68_pie
    I'm not even going to touch this one. (See, I can restrain myself )
    You still have every right to, but yeah.


    Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Save it for a New Game + if you must but don't have it be possible in the regular game.
    See, you came with a creative solution too.


    Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Double takedowns generate the most XP.
    Oh, I rarely upgrade that.

  5. #55
    Gotta have killstreaks. If you kill five guys in a row, Idris Elba flies in and drops a box-guard on yo ass.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    It's still missing the Brazilian portuguese language.
    Decreasing furtive movements.
    Improving interactivity between characters.
    More choises/ different ways to progress in narrative/ plot.
    Adam should looks like cinematics. More personalization (shirtless included ) Is it possible?

  7. #57
    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    Oh, I rarely upgrade that.
    It is among 1st things I always upgrade with the double jump. Because there's no reason not to do it. Out of curiosity, what you upgrade 1st ?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    It is among 1st things I always upgrade with the double jump. Because there's no reason not to do it. Out of curiosity, what you upgrade 1st ?
    Energy cells, lifting heavy objects, invisibility and by the time I get to Hengsha, Icarus is a must. The rest, to be honest, I've never upgraded in the same particular order. Maybe the most consistent upgrade I make is invisibility.

  9. #59
    Makes sense. For myself I think on 1st half game I can just run around vents and behind boxes so safely that invisibility (and thus energy cells) are not giving enough value compared to other options. And then when you go by hacking, so combining hacking+double take down+heavy lifting, you have so much experience that you can put them into flopy disk and return to Eidos.

    As I really liked the environments I am quite of an explorer. Limiting my access to different areas and solutions would add bonus and extra entertainment to my replays too. Also encouraging me to replay with different tools would allow me to discover other options devs have spent time on, that I might never see otherwise because I am super-auged and always force myself trough content with ease. I.e. I liked that on 2nd HR replay i had no idea if buying or not buying biochip made a difference at all. My face was filled with a grin, when Jensen asked "and what this was supposed to do ? Switch me off ?"

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    Makes sense. For myself I think on 1st half game I can just run around vents and behind boxes so safely that invisibility (and thus energy cells) are not giving enough value compared to other options. And then when you go by hacking, so combining hacking+double take down+heavy lifting, you have so much experience that you can put them into floppy disk and return to Eidos.
    I'm not a hacker type and I've upgraded hacking only on my first play ever and later decided that it was a terrible mistake and that I wanted to try all other augs. Then there came the third and fourth play and I still didn't manage to max everything out simply because I avoided takedowns for no particular reason and I adore sniper rifle. Oh, and I upgrade invisibility costantly because all bosses are fun to take down while being invisible.


    Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    As I really liked the environments I am quite of an explorer. Limiting my access to different areas and solutions would add bonus and extra entertainment to my replays too. Also encouraging me to replay with different tools would allow me to discover other options devs have spent time on, that I might never see otherwise because I am super-auged and always force myself trough content with ease. I.e. I liked that on 2nd HR replay i had no idea if buying or not buying biochip made a difference at all. My face was filled with a grin, when Jensen asked "and what this was supposed to do ? Switch me off ?"
    I see what you mean. However, some of us don't play the way to be super-auged. I rather use typhoon then double takedowns, for example and I like to play directly from time to time. Which doesn't give me all the experience needed for maxing all out. There is one particular way of playing to get everything, right? Well, maybe, among other things, they wanted players to discover that.

    Ugh, I was frustrated when Namir boss fight came and I had the new biochip. The relief of playthrough without it was priceless.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montrealing all over this place
    Posts
    3,041
    Originally Posted by 3rdmillhouse
    Gotta have killstreaks. If you kill five guys in a row, Idris Elba flies in and drops a box-guard on yo ass.
    I'd play that.

    Throw in a Tom Hardy boss fight and I'm getting the Ultimate Augmented Edition
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I'm not a hacker type and I've upgraded hacking only on my first play ever and later decided that it was a terrible mistake and that I wanted to try all other augs. Then there came the third and fourth play and I still didn't manage to max everything out simply because I avoided takedowns for no particular reason and I adore sniper rifle. Oh, and I upgrade invisibility costantly because all bosses are fun to take down while being invisible.
    I kind of like the hacking mini-game. I used to hate it on 1st playtroughs, but for some reason latest games see me hacking even alarm panels. It is probably because I have moved my PC next to my TV-and multimedia corner, so now I at times launch games also while watching tele.

    I see what you mean. However, some of us don't play the way to be super-auged. I rather use typhoon then double takedowns, for example and I like to play directly from time to time. Which doesn't give me all the experience needed for maxing all out. There is one particular way of playing to get everything, right? Well, maybe, among other things, they wanted players to discover that.

    Ugh, I was frustrated when Namir boss fight came and I had the new biochip. The relief of playthrough without it was priceless.
    I never meant or aimed to become superauged (admitted, I wanted to know how it feels to be full auged from start on a game+), but I cannot turn off what I've learned. I act instinctively. I cannot just 'ignore factory' because I know there are hostages, I cannot just ignore talking people down because I know it can be done. While I am taking more liberty to be more lethal (and gain less exp), I still do things I know that are good to do. As I've said - you play a game 1st time only once. The 1st genuine experience is most powerful. And I am an explorer - raised by Morrowind, and educated by Dishonored - so I am likely to discover plenty in game world and generally upgrade my characters in for exploration and stealth in mind. This is also reason I think HR should have exp. rewarded quests done and encourage exploring (but not give EXP for discovering) rather than exp reward combat style and hacking.

  13. #63
    I would corret some few gaps in the mechanics:
    1. Game should not force to take down enemies just to get exp. It should reward with exp like for reaching some spot without being detected even if i left patrols intact.
    2. No rechargable meele takedows. The game should force me to manage my supplies and take hard decisions whethr to spend precious ammo or energy chotolate bar to take down foes. In DE:HR I was able to take down almost everyone by: sneak, hit, pull body, hide, recharge, repeat. Without spending any ammo or supplies. In MD how about force playes to find a way to sneak if (s)he wants to save stuff in inventory.
    3. Killing baddies with hacked turrets or robots! Yeah I loved that! But let that count as still being undetected.
    4. More ways to eliminate baddies using environment. Like ways to flood place with water + swtich on electricity? Or same with oil or gas + setting fire? Ideas like that!
    5. Injured bodies leaving blood trails?
    6. Hacking was to easy. I carried tonds of hack programs and lockpics without a need to spend them.
    7. harder hard mode.
    Plot:
    8. Please introduce some intriguing female character that I would want to follow. Just more beautiful than Malik.
    9. Possibility to choose sides! Like in first old DE. In HR you worked for Sarif for whole game. Let us choose this time please.
    10. You're awesome, thanks for cool game!

  14. #64
    When the developers asked Mass Effect fans what they wanted more of they replied; “Conversations” so my first one is:
    1. More conversation duels!

    2. Australia – There is a whole lot of story in DE:HR about an Australian civil war. I want to see it!

    3. New Game Plus!

    4. While I’m mostly a stealthy gamer I thought that in a game about choice you should be equally rewarded with experience if you’re not a stealthy gamer.

    5. More conspiracy! Just no aliens or lizards running the world :P

    6. Story is next to gameplay as the most important thing in a DE game. Make it great, make it longer than HR and (this is one of the most important things) don’t make the endings different based on a choice made at the end! Make the choices that I’ve made through the game count for something at the end of the game.

    7. Bring back Malik. Malik was cool and if a serious romantic relationship story is possible in a game…

    8. More stuff on TV! Let’s see advertisements for futuristic products, and other stuff. I’m not talking about GTA type TV here just give us more than a repeating news broadcast.

    9. Loads more side quests.

    10. More Augmentations that branch out giving you one of two or three choices so you can go for offence or defence. For example you could have the drone from DE1 and you could choose to upgrade it with a turret, a cloak, or a stun, but not all three.

    11. Cameos from the DE series.

    12. More movement on the streets. I was so excited when I saw the cars in the trailer. Even if they were beyond a barricade it would make the scenes feel more alive.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    I've seen the trailer so I know i'm not getting everything I want, but still :

    1) Better conversation system. I liked the manipulation tricks you could use in HR, but it got messy fast. You say something to a guy, reload and say it again to the same guy, he'll have changed personality and you'll get something different. That's not OK. But maybe my game kept bugging, I dunno. Anyway, that was a good direction, more of that please.

    2) Choice of character. I don't care if it's just skin color or gender or haircut, just something. I REALLY don't like Adam. Gender is a must for me. Seriously, even IW did it right.

    3) More stealth, more non lethal ways of dealing with situations. I hope we still have that, there aren't that many game out there that give you that choice.

    4) Synergy between augmentations. Like if you take the hacker aug and the robot control aug, you get more options while controlling bots.

    5) Better exploration mechanics. Think Urban Chaos. For those who didn't play that game, Urban Chaos placed you in urban environment, and you could go everywhere, climb almost every building, even park your car on top a skyscraper with a little patience and perseverance. It was just fun to stroll around. In HR it felt more like a chore.

    6) Secret HQ. Seriously, I want to stock my equipment properly and select what I need for any given mission. Give me a BatCave !!!

    Other than that, everything the OP wants. Better, richer story, better augs, better ending, choice between 1st and 3rd person view.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    1) more daylight levels like TYM in HR

    2) interesting locations like australia or a spacestation.

    3) like above a HQ in every location ( wich is quite possible, considering that hes become an interpol agent).

    4) glimpses of things to come (nanotech and augmentation, transgenics like the greasels)

  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Falconer084

    2. Australia – There is a whole lot of story in DE:HR about an Australian civil war. I want to see it!
    Well yes...but...only if they get some actual Antipodeans doing the voice acting, or at least people who can do a half-passable accent, because I'm not sure I could put up with entire convos full of obviously-not-Australians. All the 'Australians' from the original DX night club girls to Sid Black (pretty sure he was really Dick van Dyke c.Mary Poppins), have managed to make me laugh out loud and cringe simultaneously. And I may as well include Tiffany Kavanagh in there, as well, even though she was supposed to be a New Zealander. If it wasn't for the emails(?) I would never have known that, because she just sounded like a really ropey Australian to me*.

    Just as an aside, I do love that various bits of the Commonwealth make regular appearances. I can't tell you how it warmed my soul to hear a genuine Northern Irish accent, for example. Quinn, you legend.



    * Yes, I'm a New Zealander. No we, don't sound anything like Australians, despite what the rest of the world thinks.

  18. #68
    Accurate representation of various accents is a luxury. German in Breaking Bad, Russian in John Wick, the list is endless.

  19. #69
    This game should have an NPC that spoils important plot points when you talk to him, kinda like in a meta-linguistic fashion, breaking through the 4th wall. But there should be a catch, the guy should speak in the completely indecipherable Scottish accent that no one understands, and there should be no subtitles for him.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    If I have done my math correctly DXMD's timeline is set a mere 43 years before that of IW's.
    I wonder if we're going to encounter the early beginnings of the Russian nanotechnology research organisation based in Sverdlovsk.

    If so, I like.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  21. #71
    The only thing on my wish list for MD us for Tecman to come out of the wood work and make a burger menu for it

  22. #72
    Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    If I have done my math correctly DXMD's timeline is set a mere 43 years before that of IW's.
    I wonder if we're going to encounter the early beginnings of the Russian nanotechnology research organisation based in Sverdlovsk.

    If so, I like.
    Sverdlovsk has been renamed back to Ekaterinburg for like 25 years now.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    Sverdlovsk has been renamed back to Ekaterinburg for like 25 years now.
    Interesting. But at least it still exists. The Omar are coming.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    For my wishlist, I have just four words:

    Subliminal foreshadowing....

    Augmented Wings!

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    If I have done my math correctly DXMD's timeline is set a mere 43 years before that of IW's.
    I wonder if we're going to encounter the early beginnings of the Russian nanotechnology research organisation based in Sverdlovsk.

    If so, I like.
    If Mankind Divided becomes a commercial success, and I see no reason why it shouldn't, I expect Eidos Montréal to leap forward a few decades in one of its following Deus Ex games and retcon the piss out of Invisible War, but reintroduce Omars for the Omar connoisseurs like us.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last

Tags for this Thread