Thread: What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

What's your wishlist to make Mankind Divided the perfect Deus Ex experience for you?

Optional first person.
    None of that small head stuff.
    Less bugs and glitches.
    No DLC.
    Different clothing.
    Body/spatial awareness.
    Melee combat.
    Balanced XP.
    High risk high reward missions.
    Ability to turn off the map.
    HUD integrated into the body of the character (like Dead Space.)
    New game+
    Improved AI or the use of Cyntient.
    Improved physics.
    A USEFUL hub.

For me human revolutions was very nearly perfect. For the atmosphere alone it was commendable. A couple of things I would like to see in the new one though:

1. Make it longer. I remember the original being a looong game, and that suits the uncovering of a length conspiracy. It was good. This one ended quite abruptly - I only realised it was ending once I was halfway through Panchea. (I had been saving all the typhoon ammo, so quickly got the upgrade and typhooned my way through the rest of the level).

2. The final boss fight was pants. Personally I found Yelena to be the toughest fight, as I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to do! But that was fine though, it provided a sense of achievement when I eventually did work it out. And those 3 mercs were right dicks, I definitely enjoyed besting them in the end. But don't make the boss fights too easy!

3. The big security robots should be scarier. I remember in the original you wouldn't worry about taking on one of the little ones, but you sure as hell avoided the big ones at all costs - even if you did have the rocket launcher there was still a very good chance it would f*** you up! I felt the big bots in HR were too easy - 2x EMPs is all it took if I remember correctly. It would be nice to have the big security bots like the agents in the Matrix - they are guarding all the doors they are holding all the keys (for the love of God not literally), and it is a massive deal if you manage to take one down.

My 2 cents

Ooh and one more thing:

4. In the original, the bit where you have to decide whether or not to turn on Gunther was really cool. A similar "Do I betray my colleague/friend for the greater good or so I think?" event would be awesome. I guess you sort of get it in HR with David Sarif being all "My son why have you forsaken me" but an actual fight is way more dramatic.

Repost from DXHR forum with some updates.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Auric180's Wish list:
    More like questions...

Game features:
    Hopefully saving is still around and repayable not like some other games suddenly its play once and buy again to play second... deleting save files don't count.

New Game +

After finish the game we can restart with what we have and be all bad ass from the start... Minus any story related augs Ofcourse.

Shades
    Its literally he's HUD right?
    Sounds like a good story reason to have the HUD optional.

I would ask that we can see if the shades are on or not in each player cinematic to indicate what mode they're doing... But that'll ruin the moment if the scene needs his shades on or off.

Instead, make the cinematic adapt, if the scene needs his shades on but the player have it off, just show him putting it back on.
    Don't show it as if it was always on.

What ifs...

Metal Gear 2?

Are we really Adam or someone else like in DX:IW
    Different person per game.
    In MGS2 lets u play snake before another person...
    Oo

New Game +
    If u know something or someone u meet at the beginning and can interact with them... Can we have a I know u conversation and or ability to kill them and have a fun game over or even story change Oo

Original DX at least let us shoot them... Unlike DXIW hide them behind walls and DXHR no guns allowed areas.

Augmentations
    Customizable?
    I mean if ur doing this, make it story related dun just have Adam look different and have illegal implants without people noticing.
    Unless its hidden Ofcourse.

XP & Praxis
    I think its still a good way to upg.
    Can we pick a limited number of augs to have right away or are we being nerfed and have excuse they're dmg from the blast and drowning...

Melee
    Are we still doing TPS animation?
    If yes must improve... Alot

Different class of enemy needs different animations of takedowns... Can't simply punch in face or crack an arm against a NPC suited with heavy body armor the same way a naked NPC is...

Facial expressions of victims and Adam need to show more than blank stares.
    Especially those without helmets.

Maybe can get some helm cracking like in DXHR trailer so gas can slip in.

Animation
    More varieties of kills or KOs animations
    Depending on ur position and alert status... Don't want the same brisk walk during a combat face to face a split second ago.

If they're higher or lower by a foot, have takedowns matching the situation. Pull them down, carry them up like the trailer did.

Temporal anomaly
    Adam can't pause time... Slow down may be, showing him moving so fast people around him move slowly.

"My arms are augmented"
    Kills can be done by hands too, not just blades. Silent kills.
    Especially with them Aug arms of his.

Corner and behind obstacles takedowns...

Only way I see them fancy moves on the trailer working is batman style TPS game...

Not limited by energy... If yes then at least faster charging and more then one battery passively charged.

Passive animation
    Some FPS hand motions to use a pc or consoles would be nice... Many FOS are doing that already, an advance Aug like Adam shouldn't be left behind.

Inventory is nice already, not sure how to improve it. Other than animation of him holstering and drawing the weapon.
    Big guns should be pulled off from somewhere else than the pockets.

Especially in TPS mode.

Enemy classes
    Civilians - thugs
    No extra protection, guns and knives
    Don't need blades to kill

Animation Adam holding back his strength from killing them by accident.

Soldiers non-augs
    Standard armor, rifles, etc.
    Blades come to action mire often for kills.

Soldiers augs
    Legs - move faster
    Arms - throw items at us???

Commandos augs
    Cloak, Counter takedowns during combat (QuickTime event)
    Resist concussion effects during combat but if unexpected they get blinded as well.

Heavies
    Suit of armor, high protection
    Constant gas immunity unless helm cracked.
    Constant concussion immunity

Resist frontal takedowns during combat.

Heavy weapons.

Boss fight
    "Talk to death or life"
    Love the dialog duels, hope it gets better.
    Sparing targets for Intel or aid in the future.

Tricky way to takedown bosses like Namir

Alternate routes to bypass

Sneak kill like in the DLC.

Conversation
    More motion acting like in some interrogation scenes in DXHR, maybe for NPC chatter too.

Better AI...
    Environment
    AI that are aware of their surroundings like in Splinter cell:Chaos Theory.
    Lights, doors, pc monitors, window blinds, etc.

Target lost
    Behave differently after a failed search. Say different things when heard or spotted us again.

Or when around a dead body.

Limited ammo
    With limited ammo AI will act depending in their bios.
    A trained person will conserve and make his shots count.
    While a brainless ganger will waste it like usual.

If player in a gun fight must take them out fast to get more ammo...

Revival
    Unconscious bodies may be revived?
    Some types can't like tranqued while a punched or tazed victim can be woken.

Or maybe if a given amount tine can be woken while freshly KOed can't be waken so soon...

Story
    Choosing Sides?
    What I like in DXIW is swapping sides every next mission, they even get confused as to my motives.

Multiple story paths?
    Making allies/enemies?
    Killing and sparing have different results.

Side missions have effect too rather then just stand alone fillers.

Old game choices effect the next game.

Prologue to choose our past game endings?
    Or are we getting a mix?

Ending
    rather then ending depends on what we do defines the character actions it'll be nice even if u do alot of one path and suddenly change ur mind at the end and get a shocking reaction from the NPCs.
    Last edited by Auric180; 16th Apr 2015 at 01:04.

I want the EM writing department to have a major overhaul.

I want Adam Jensen to fight nano-augmented octopi.

(click image to enlarge)

A PROPER MELEE SYSTEM and then I can die happy

I've been advocating for Stat/Progress Tracking since Deus Ex: Human Revolution and believe this feature would add even more replay value, especially as a way to compare play-throughs and best your, and other's, performances.

There appears to be reasonable fan support for this feature:

Examples of Statistics that players would appreciate keeping track of:

-Enemies Killed
    -Enemies Knocked Out
    -NPCs Killed
    -NPCs Knocked Out
    -Alarms Triggered
    -Systems Hacked
    -Aug. of Choice
    -Weapon of Choice
    -Time Played

Etc.

Lastly, I think it's an essential feature for the RPG aspect of the game.

Other relative games in the genre have implemented Stat/Progress Tracking, such as MGS4, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Dishonored.

Honestly DE:HR was a total relief to me, especially after Ion Storm went under after Invisible War. The game was nearly perfect in my mind, there are a couple changed I would make:

1. Have the player faced with the same tough augmentation choices from the Original Deus Ex the Conspiracy. Choices such as you can only have either aggressive missile defense system or spy drone, Breathe under water or limited toxic immunity. Ones where I have to choose to leave something behind. In DEHR I felt the Augs themselves were generally all pretty useful, but by the end of the game, I was able to upgrade damn near everything to max. A powerhouse among mere men. The game served very little challenge by the end.

2. Have a hard mode. Some sort of super sensitive cameras or extended/widened range. Make it punishing difficulty an option.

3. Jensen's energy system needs some revision. Start by getting rid of the candy bars and small trinkety foods to refill Jensen's energy, it was sorta lame. Instead have a slow recharge, but also allow actions that would normally provide XP to add bits of energy to an energy tank instead (hacking a computer, sneaking by someone, causing a distraction. This would also make XP a little more precious and help my first point for not becoming a walking win-button.

4. Arkham-style fight sequences. I play stealth primarily. But having some way for the player to reproduce the action sequences shown in the announcement trailer would kick so much ass.

5. Make me find my augs, and their upgrades, not just see everything that Jensen can get at the beginning and hope to unlock them in time. The original had it right. You could go through the entire game and if you didn't dig deep enough and find the Aug Canisters, you could very well never know it existed. The mystery behind what all JC Denton could do made for epic replayability trying to find some very well hidden aug cans. Jensen deserves the same kind of care.

WIth all that said...This game cannot be released soon enough...

RIP Deus Ex. Can we remove the "Deus Ex" from the name please? I'm not sure if HR qualifies as a DX game, and this is looking to be more of the same.
    Of course there's no way that will ever happen, as it is a healthy cow to be milked. Enjoy ting on art beyond your comprehension and levels of talent.
    And with that I step aside. I #CantStopDevolution

The forum would not be the same without members like you, CyberP.

Are you going to stick around until release?
    Last edited by JCpies; 15th Apr 2015 at 21:35.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpies
    The forum would not be the same witho members like you, CyberP.

Are you going to stick around until release?
    Don't worry, pie. I think that's the third time he's said that this week.

I hope he does stick around, I just don't know what he gets out of posting negative stuff if all his faith is lost.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpies
    I hope he does stick around, I just don't know what he gets out of posting negative stuff if all his faith is lost.
    You could say the same about me... Well, we do have to balance out the blind positivity of the new people and wear them down into submission.

Please make sure, you have many exotic global locations. I loved Hengsha with its dark and very Asian atmosphere. Aside from locations like Hong Kong or Japan why not think of locations in the middle east. A very futuristic version of high tech enclaves in the middle of the desert would be awesome and it would be fresh. One could combine today's Bazar atmosphere with a high tech Bazar where people could buy augmentations and have them installed by shady characters for example.

Originally Posted by Raven48
    A very futuristic version of high tech enclaves in the middle of the desert would be awesome and it would be fresh.
    Sure...if it hadn't already been don in DXIW...

If there's one thing the upcoming release has done, it's spurred me on to finish Invisible War, which I've started half-a-dozen times, and always bailed out during the Cairo part, mainly from boredom. And what I've found is that IW has got some really good/funny dialogue hiding in there. At one stage NG Resonance says something like 'Oh, y'know, tralalala...I think I'll fire the b-tch', I actually laughed out loud. So to my list of 'Please Devs, can we have...' I would like to add 'witty dialogue', because as much as I loved HR, it was pretty dour (Quinn excepted, his 'satisfaction guaranteed...unless you f--- it up yourself, of course' is a line I regularly use IRL ).

Originally Posted by Supersport05
    Honestly DE:HR was a total relief to me, especially after Ion Storm went under after Invisible War. The game was nearly perfect in my mind, there are a couple changed I would make:

1. Have the player faced with the same tough augmentation choices from the Original Deus Ex the Conspiracy. Choices such as you can only have either aggressive missile defense system or spy drone, Breathe under water or limited toxic immunity. Ones where I have to choose to leave something behind. In DEHR I felt the Augs themselves were generally all pretty useful, but by the end of the game, I was able to upgrade damn near everything to max. A powerhouse among mere men. The game served very little challenge by the end.
    Tough choice?

the augs in the original have two choice each.
    One is to do something more against foes, the other is to find new strange stuff.

Arm 1: Kill better or break stuff faster
    Arm 2: Lift heavy stuff to find hidden stuff

Leg 1: Run like a mice pass NPCs
    Leg 2: Run fast and jump high to find hidden stuff

Eye 1: Target better to shoot
    Eye 2: Infra red, night vision, sonar sensors... (need say more?)

Cranial 1: Boom incoming missiles
    Cranial 2: Tiny drone spy EMP explosion

Lungs swim longer or gas immune?

Basically if u want secrets choose the unique one that
    Allows u to go the distance...

The other choice is just for gun hoe people, well the legs lets them run close to enemies without sound.

Originally Posted by Free7hinker
    I've been advocating for Stat/Progress Tracking since Deus Ex: Human Revolution and believe this feature would add even more replay value, especially as a way to compare play-throughs and best your, and other's, performances.

There appears to be reasonable fan support for this feature:

Examples of Statistics that players would appreciate keeping track of:

-Enemies Killed
    -Enemies Knocked Out
    -NPCs Killed
    -NPCs Knocked Out
    -Alarms Triggered
    -Systems Hacked
    -Aug. of Choice
    -Weapon of Choice
    -Time Played

Etc.

Lastly, I think it's an essential feature for the RPG aspect of the game.

Other relative games in the genre have implemented Stat/Progress Tracking, such as MGS4, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Dishonored.
    That's actually a fantastic idea. I loved beating the levels over and over in Splinter Cell, trying to improve my score. Totally behind that, pls Eidos.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    You could say the same about me... Well, we do have to balance out the blind positivity of the new people and wear them down into submission.
    My positivity is not blind. I loved Deus Ex and I honestly think that overall, as a game, Human Revolution was better, but I recognize that *both of them* are flawed in different ways. I hope SE delivers a game more refined and rich compared to Human Revolution. I think The Missing Link was a very promising precursor to that, so I'm reasonably optimistic.

What I don't understand, is people sticking around *for years* on the board dedicated to the game they didn't like, knowing full well that their desires could not and will not conceivably be met. No skin off my nose, of course, but that's just astonishing to me, and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Avenging_Teabag; 16th Apr 2015 at 10:08.

Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    What I don't understand, is people sticking around *for years* on the board dedicated to the game they didn't like, knowing full well that their desires could not and will not conceivably be met.
    For balance. And because I remain eternally hopeful.

Originally Posted by Auric180
    Tough choice?

the augs in the original have two choice each.
    One is to do something more against foes, the other is to find new strange stuff.
    I liked about HR that nothing was banned, but you were restricted by the amount of praxis points you earn. Also, what if, for a while, I want to upgrade just my legs, for example? I'd choose one option for legs, the other would get banned and I'd be forced to upgrade some other part. I'd rather choose myself what will I give up because of limited praxis points than for game to ban augmentations for me again.

Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    What I don't understand, is people sticking around *for years* on the board dedicated to the game they didn't like, knowing full well that their desires could not and will not conceivably be met. No skin off my nose, of course, but that's just astonishing to me, and not in a good way.
    Because...

(click image to enlarge)

...and they can't shake it off.

From HR the combat definitely needs improving. As cool as third person takedowns were, they were too accessible, even when you were spotted. If they were to scrap third person takedowns, they should replace it with a proper gameplay driven combat system. For instance, something along the lines of Dishonoured.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I liked about HR that nothing was banned, but you were restricted by the amount of praxis points you earn. Also, what if, for a while, I want to upgrade just my legs, for example? I'd choose one option for legs, the other would get banned and I'd be forced to upgrade some other part.
    Choice and consequence? Gameplay? Balance? Sense? Physical space? Replayability? Differentiation?

Pick a reason.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I'd rather choose myself what will I give up because of limited praxis points than for game to ban augmentations for me again.
    But praxis were not limited. There was enough XP in the game to fully upgrade every augmentation which is dumb.

Choice and consequence? Gameplay? Balance? Sense? Physical space? Replayability? Differentiation?

Pick a reason.

But praxis were not limited. There was enough XP in the game to fully upgrade every augmentation which is dumb.
    Being able to upgrade every aug is not dumb. If players are able to do things correctly, and earn enough xp or praxis, then they should be awarded with the ability to upgrade. However, if they want to close things off all they have to do is limit the amount of praxis points a player can use at any given time or just limit the number. An example of a game doing something similar is Borderlands 2. You can spend the points you have on one tree, or you can spread them out on all three, but it's very hard to get to the bottom of the tree. Even with the raised level cap you can only max out two trees. And by maxing out I mean being able to hit the bottom of the tree. The game does not allow you to get 5/5 and 1/1 on every skill. So they can do something like that, offer us a new game+ mode and then we can keep playing get more praxis points to max things out.

Pick a reason.
    All of this was achieved in HR, but you seem like you disliked the game before it even came out so you failed to see that. Besides, physical space and sense are not good reasons because the game is not supposed to imitate the real life anyway.

I didn't play the game enough time to max them all out, but I remember the game warning me that I won't be able to upgrade all augmentations, therefore I should be careful what I choose or something like that.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last