Thread: The Dragon Quest sub-forum

The Dragon Quest sub-forum

Thumbs Up The Dragon Quest sub-forum

Here it is, just in case anyone's trying to find it but understandably hasn't been able to. It's evidently far less important than critically-acclaimed and influential games deserving of more visible sub-forums, such as "Diner Dash" and "Big Cup Cricket," and as such is buried so deep and far away in the "Additional Title Discussion" area that you'd think Square-Enix USA was ashamed of the entire franchise, or something.

Perhaps they're simply so apathetic towards Dragon Quest and its fans that they hope secreting discussion of it away out of sight will make people forget about it and its huge backlog of un-localized Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games altogether. All that's happened with the series outside of Japan over the past few YEARS is a short series of quick, cheap, and easy phone ports, after all. There's Dragon Quest Heroes too, but that's likewise an far more simple game with comparatively very little dialogue, and thus very little effort required for localization. A distraction, or a sorrowful attempt at a swan song?

Anyway, despite this unfortunate decay of one of Square-Enix's oldest, most beloved, and timeless series, I hope this handy link to its barely-existent sub-forum will at least let a small handful of people outside of glorious privileged Japan know that it still, y'know, exists.

All sarcasm aside... Dragon Quest is one of the oldest and sturdiest rocks upon which Square-Enix is built, and it deserves FAR more attention and care outside of Japan than it gets. Even the placement of its sub-forum on the official Square-Enix forum is a shameful indication of how far it's been unduly allowed to sink. Something needs to change.
    Last edited by KaboomKrusader; 9th Apr 2015 at 05:03.

I do think that it is too difficult to find the DQ forum from the main page as it is rather hidden. It should considering the franchise size get a place in the games section for DQ9 or 10.

Will we ever see a port of Dragon Warrior VII? This was a favorite of mine. I love all the Dragon Quest games. I'm currently playing IX.

I'd LOVE to see a port of DQ XI for the US PS4.

Why the heck is the Dragon Quest forum listed under additional games?!

sorry, SE, but I thought DQ was one of your big series, why is it so hard to find the forum for the game series? why is it listed under Additional titles? do you not care about the series anymore?

shouldn't you be listing the DQ Series Forum higher with the other games like FF and KH?

I agree it should be somewhere more obvious especially with the PS4 DQ game.

right?! i noticed that they threw the SaGa series under there as well, one of their older and more known Square series before the merger. since there are several games in that series and a new one for the vita is coming out next year, that should be higher as well.

Originally Posted by MikoFerret
    Will we ever see a port of Dragon Warrior VII? This was a favorite of mine. I love all the Dragon Quest games. I'm currently playing IX.
    dq8 also got released on the 3ds. that puts DQ4-9 on the handheld consoles.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Here it is, just in case anyone's trying to find it but understandably hasn't been able to. It's evidently far less important than critically-acclaimed and influential games deserving of more visible sub-forums, such as "Diner Dash" and "Big Cup Cricket," and as such is buried so deep and far away in the "Additional Title Discussion" area that you'd think Square-Enix USA was ashamed of the entire franchise, or something.

Perhaps they're simply so apathetic towards Dragon Quest and its fans that they hope secreting discussion of it away out of sight will make people forget about it and its huge backlog of un-localized Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games altogether. All that's happened with the series outside of Japan over the past few YEARS is a short series of quick, cheap, and easy phone ports, after all. There's Dragon Quest Heroes too, but that's likewise an far more simple game with comparatively very little dialogue, and thus very little effort required for localization. A distraction, or a sorrowful attempt at a swan song?

Anyway, despite this unfortunate decay of one of Square-Enix's oldest, most beloved, and timeless series, I hope this handy link to its barely-existent sub-forum will at least let a small handful of people outside of glorious privileged Japan know that it still, y'know, exists.

All sarcasm aside... Dragon Quest is one of the oldest and sturdiest rocks upon which Square-Enix is built, and it deserves FAR more attention and care outside of Japan than it gets. Even the placement of its sub-forum on the official Square-Enix forum is a shameful indication of how far it's been unduly allowed to sink. Something needs to change.
    indeed, i do find it odd that the game could be a ps3 swan song, but we never got the ps3 edition localized, just the new shiny ps4 version. :S