Thread: Rerelease of Human Revolution on GOG.com

Rerelease of Human Revolution on GOG.com

Rerelease of Human Revolution on GOG.com

I believe the recent announcement of DeusExMankindDevided would give you a pretty nice date to actually rerelease DeusExHumanRevolution on GOG.com! It would make a lot of sense to do so:

You can get data on how many hardcore-Anti-DRMers are out there (that have been waiting till now to pick it up) and plan your strategy for you upcoming Deus Ex Game on that data basis.
    You don´t loose anything with doing so, no risk and so on. Simply some free income presented on a golden plate. A good excuse to run another sale of your portfolio on GOG. And you´ll get even more media attention for the Deus Ex-Franchise, which cannot be wrong!

Now you know what´s the way to go. I hope you´ll be listening.

I'd love to have DX:HR on GOG as well. DRM was also kind of an important plot element, so I guess you could say the game was anti-DRM. I saw GOG tweeted and posted on FB about the teaser site for Mankind Divided, so I hope that it shows up on GOG too so I can complete my Deus Ex collection over there.

Doesn't matter if they release the Director's Cut, that version is still broken and unpatched.

Seriously, do it.

I want to give you money for your games SE, especially Deus Ex, but I can't as long as you keep them shackled to DRM services.

There are more loyal DRM-free supporters than you realize and as the OP points out, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by releasing DE: Human Revolution DC on GOG.com right now.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 18th Apr 2015 at 22:55. Reason: ToU

+1 to this! Just make sure to include the original DXHR+ML as the Director's Cut is still plagued with issues

Barely anybody who hasn't already bought HR will ever buy HR, DRM-free or no. It would be a waste of time and money on their part to do this, and quite frankly the anti-DRM audience is nowhere near as significant as you think it is, especially to a company as big as Square Enix.
    Last edited by Shralla; 30th Apr 2015 at 16:25.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I think you're underestimating the potential sales; there are a lot of games that were available via Steam long before their GOG release, but nonetheless appear to have done extremely well there - including the original Deus Ex and even IW, two of the best sellers there.

And then there's the likes of FTL, Alan Wake, the STALKER series, Shadowrun, the recently released Disney/Star Wars titles (that aren't timed exclusives), Transistor etc. that also didn't arrive on GOG until long after their retail & Steam releases and despite this also seem to have been very successful there.

Shadow Warrior Classic is even free on Steam and yet it still sells on GOG...

At this point there's very little cost and no risk to SE - they're already signed up with GOG and DXHR+ML + DXHRDC have all long been plastered over the torrent sites (even neatly packaged up with their own installers, apparently) - so there's nothing to lose really.
    Last edited by oppopji; 30th Apr 2015 at 18:00.

I've bought HR, the explosive DLC pack, ML and DC on Steam.

I would pay again for a DRM-free version of DC, albeit probably not full-price.

In fact i've spent a lot of money re-buying games I already have on Steam as they go DRM-free. Because I like the idea of having my own installer not shackled to anything that I can back up and store wherever I want. I don't own the product, but DRM allows me to enjoy maximum control over it, and that's worth money to me.
    Bring back 5 character logins.

Originally Posted by Tverdyj
    In fact i've spent a lot of money re-buying games I already have on Steam as they go DRM-free. Because I like the idea of having my own installer not shackled to anything that I can back up and store wherever I want. I don't own the product, but DRM allows me to enjoy maximum control over it, and that's worth money to me.
    I agree with you. I re-buy games on GOG as well and I would definitely want to see Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my GOG library. They've got the two other installments on there as well, so it only makes sense to add Human Revolution & eventually Mankind Divided.

I'd prefer if they added the original version of the game, since the DC is rumored to be flawed. They've taken the original version down from Steam, so why couldn't they allow the vanilla version on GOG?
    They cannot stop us, they cannot stop the future.

I have both the original release and the director's cut and can say with certainty that the director's cut is the inferior version. Amongst other issues, the director's cut suffers from stuttering, texture issues, lighting issues and object/detail pop-in.

I'd *really* like to see the original release + missing link made available on GOG (I've sent emails and even gone as far as to send a physical letter to SE about this, but unfortunately have never received a reply) - I'd definitely re-buy it there, even at full price.