Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -Announcement/Gen Discussion - NEW: DXMD @ No1 UK Charts

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -Announcement/Gen Discussion - NEW: DXMD @ No1 UK Charts

So we will be getting more cutscenes and it's safe to say that takedowns will still be 3rd person.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Hello. Can Square Enix share with us (fans) the announcement trailer (produced for US or UK) in high quality (uncompressed, high resolution, high bitrate)? The one whose size is about 1Gb. Please.
    I like to rewatch it and I'm not the only one.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by AlexPakh; 17th Apr 2015 at 10:23.

I'm sure this will come.
    Afaik, Game Informer has exclusivity for a short time.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    So we're doing your job for you? Do we get commission?
    We don't offer commission, just cookies. But they are delicious.
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 17th Apr 2015 at 11:35.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Poticha
    It's not planned at the time being but we're sure you'll share the stuff between yourselves.
    *frowns* But ... but ...

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    *frowns* But ... but ...
    You'll get used to this sort of thing.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    So we will be getting more cutscenes and it's safe to say that takedowns will still be 3rd person.
    Maybe they will make it optional. Shhhh, let me dream...

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    *frowns* But ... but ...
    *yawns* https://soundcloud.com/eidosmontreal...-48khz/s-xGG7X

Thanks for the link to the trailer music. I like.
    signature image

Enjoy your motion-sickness and Dramamine overdose when Mankind Divided is inevitably modded and takedowns are in 1st person.

Originally Posted by AlexPakh
    Hello. Can Square Enix share with us (fans) the announcement trailer (produced for US or UK) in high quality (uncompressed, high resolution, high bitrate)? The one whose size is about 1Gb. Please.
    I like to rewatch it and I'm not the only one.
    Thank you!
    Hey there! The file is available over at Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_de...-34460_en.html

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    Cheers ! o/

Originally Posted by 3rdmillhouse
    Enjoy your motion-sickness and Dramamine overdose when Mankind Divided is inevitably modded and takedowns are in 1st person.
    You do realise that when people want 1st person takedowns they mean takedowns designed to be viewed in 1st person, such as those in Dishonored, and not some Michael Bay-esque adaption of 3rd person takedowns?
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Will the game force me to eliminate enemies in order to get experience? In HR even if I slipped through baddies, I had to backtrack to take down everyone just to not let exp get away. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Poticha
    Hey there! The file is available over at Gamersyde: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_de...-34460_en.html
    I already found it. That's way I did remark "produced for US or UK".
    I see the difference between this:
    Announcement Trailer from Youtube

and this:

Obviously, it's not the result that canadian film editor gets on his screen.
    And what about previous game, Human Revolution? I found uncompressed E3 Trailer (size is about 1.1Gb, 1920x1080), but couldn't find Extended Cut CGI Trailer (667Mb, 1280x720).

I really don't understand why Eidos Montreal cannot post all the content on its "New Official Website" of Deus Ex games, and we have to look for it on the Web?

P.S.: The same considerations I have about the Tomb Raider series.
    Last edited by AlexPakh; 19th Apr 2015 at 07:21.

Originally Posted by 3rdmillhouse
    You do realise that when people want 1st person takedowns they mean takedowns designed to be viewed in 1st person, such as those in Dishonored, and not some Michael Bay-esque adaption of 3rd person takedowns?
    In addition to that ^: HR mods came pretty late and the scene isn't exactly blooming. "inevitably"? There are plenty of games that don't really have mods. Depends on the engine and tools.

Ok, I have to ask and I'm hoping I'm in the right thread. Does anyone know why the preorder is so bland? I mean, the DX HR preorder was "we have weapons exclusive package" and "mission bonus package" and there was an artbook and soundtrack and all. Why is there NOTHING like that now??? What is going on here and when will they be putting the inevitable extras out? If we preorder now will we be getting these fun extras? Deus Ex has been my favorite franchise since I bought the original game and played the bleep out of it. I want to give these people my money but I don't want to buy a $60 game 3 times to get my artbook and soundtrack, etc. And yes, I want a boxed PC edition so I can put it on my shelf beside the others and my William Gibson books. And one more thing- I see that Musterbrands has taken down their Deus Ex line of clothing. I know they probably were out of almost everything but as a person who bought almost every article of clothing including all 3 versions of the nearly $200 Jensen's coat I am hoping they are going to come out with a brand new line for Mankind Divided. I hate waiting until the end of the year for new Deus Ex stuff. How many Call of Dutys are out there and how often do they get pumped out for franchise dollars? I want more DX and I want it now! Can I request they put out a full size artbook like Remember Me did? A hardcover Deus Ex Bible type book that covers the entire history from HR to IW and everything in between. I would love to see my favorite franchise ever take a step off into the let's pimp out our name and put it on everything from t-shirts to toilet paper! It's hard to find good cyberpunk stuff nowadays. Syndicate let me down, hopefully Satellite Reign won't. Deus Ex is the only real franchise that keeps delivering but they're so slow at putting stuff out there that I have a craving that Eidos isn't fulfilling.
    Last edited by Ex_Zero; 21st Apr 2015 at 23:26. Reason: OP requested merge

You know you can always cancel a preorder...

I wish I could force people to stop preordering. And to use the enter key.

Go easy on the DX1 fan. He'll come in handy fighting off the new-gen fanboy hordes

There's nothing wrong with preordering if you were going to buy the game on launch anyway. And let's face it, 99% of the people here are getting MD on launch.

There will always be pros and cons to preordering. Its only a bad thing if you aren't careful about it...you can cancel at any time; so no biggie.

Pre-order incentives can be good - eg. reduced price and access to exclusive content. I pre-order and I've never been disappointed. Admittedly, the odds are probably in my favour because I don't purchase as many games as others do.
    signature image

I wish I could force people to stop preordering. And to use the enter key.
    I can't help with the enter key, but it has just occurred to me that in order to discourage preorder practices in the industry, the vilest way to go about it would be a good old fashioned capital flight. Massive preorders during early stages, followed by massive cancellations a few weeks before it goes gold. If it worked to destabilise Latin American countries...
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

You can't kill progress.
    Times have changed and pre-ordering is pretty much the norm these days for most major releases.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    Pre-order incentives can be good - eg. ...access to exclusive content.
    That isn't good. The "exclusive" content is only made exclusive as incentive to pre-order. Said exclusive content is often wasteful nonsense that conflicts with the game's design/balancing. Waste of development efforts and resources. The developers could be focusing on improving the game rather than coding in 10000 credits that only unlock under certain conditions (you have the pre-order edition) and said pre-order edition requires other exclusive development resources (DLC unlock codes, unique box art, retail listings, marketing focus etc).
    Bad practice that needs to stop. It results in greater profits, but through bad business practice and as a result it is another thing of many that makes the quality of a game suffer.
    Gaming is not the creative outlet for artists to truly express themselves and make great entertainment anymore, the business side of things is more dominant than ever, but the majority of consumers are completely blind/undemanding/docile. Times have changed indeed. #CantKillProgressOfBusinessGrowth
    Last edited by CyberP; 23rd Apr 2015 at 01:22.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    Gaming is not the creative outlet for artists to truly express themselves and make great entertainment anymore, the business side of things is more dominant than ever
    Of course it's both. Like in every form of media, there are commercialized, mass-appealing titles, and there are more artistic, niche ones. Both can be good in their own way, but good luck longing for times when one becomes the other. It's never gonna happen.

Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last