Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Werewolves

Werewolves

I am one to agree with Aevum:

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    To my mind, a comeback of the werewolves would probably be better off held back for any potential future Legacy of Kain games. I imagine there'd be a lot to say about them, not much of which could necessarily be conveyed in the deathmatch format.
    Another thing is...even though i am really eager to see Werewolves back in LoK...they are kinda rare, you know?

The only vampires seen using the werewolf form are Kain and Vorador.
    And as to the human werewolves, they are restricted to only 2 areas in the game:
    - Lost City
    - Lightning Spell area

So i'd imagine they wouldn't be common and easy to find, thus making it weird to think they would be part of the war.
    But meh...maybe i'm wrong...

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I am one to agree with Aevum:

Another thing is...even though i am really eager to see Werewolves back in LoK...they are kinda rare, you know?

The only vampires seen using the werewolf form are Kain and Vorador.
    And as to the human werewolves, they are restricted to only 2 areas in the game:
    - Lost City
    - Lightning Spell area

So i'd imagine they wouldn't be common and easy to find, thus making it weird to think they would be part of the war.
    But meh...maybe i'm wrong...
    I realize they are few in numbers but SOMETHING could be done with them. Even if the human werewolves are kind of a hopeless cause right now I know the vampires can take on those bestial forms. Perhaps it could be implemented as a skill for a future class.

I might accept one of them in a heroes mode or as a mini boss in PvE or something. A rare character, but not as a whole class.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I might accept one of them in a heroes mode or as a mini boss in PvE or something. A rare character, but not as a whole class.
    Now this i like.

Werewolf

I really love this game when i played it. and when i did play a lot!!! i needed to tell my friends.I have two friends playing it now and me and one of my friends liamkingy22 give me an idea to add to Nosgoth‏. make a new hunter that can turn into a werewolf any time. In Human form: he is weak with a small pistol or bow (just a weak weapon) in Wolf form: he is more powerful than his human form and fights melee with more HP and more DMG. The abilities of wolf and human form are you decision thanks hope you like it !!!!
    Last edited by tomnar; 18th Apr 2015 at 14:41.

Take a look at this thread...we discussed a lot about the idea of having Werewolf in game:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=154306

It works on vampire side. Not something I'd want the humans to have though.

I'd like to have a game without the same old werewolves vs Vampire thing thanks

Originally Posted by NomzNomz
    I'd like to have a game without the same old werewolves vs Vampire thing thanks
    The Vampire thing has been pretty abused too. I don't see you complaining about that. LoK is different enough from other franchises in its genre to where it isn't "The same old vampires VS. werewolves thing". In addition to this, it probably will be Vampires & Werewolves VS. Humans.

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    The Vampire thing has been pretty abused too. I don't see you complaining about that. LoK is different enough from other franchises in its genre to where it isn't "The same old vampires VS. werewolves thing". In addition to this, it probably will be Vampires & Werewolves VS. Humans.
    The werewolves aren't numerous enough to even think about conquering Nosgoth. If there were any in the Soul Reaver 1 era, they were likely hiding away in places Raziel didn't visit during the game. Kain's empire covered all of the known world. Not to say that there aren't unknown parts beyond the borders, but Kains empire was uncontested for over 1000 years. If werewolves were any sort of threat to it, they would have shown up in the story much sooner.

The vampire thing has been abused, which it why I think it would have been better to not start them off quite so human looking and give them a few of the traits that were unique to the LOK games. There should have been fewer fledglings skins and more variations on the evolved ones. I mean earlier on, when the budget for the original skins was being worked out.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 21st Apr 2015 at 18:36.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    LoK is different enough from other franchises in its genre to where it isn't "The same old vampires VS. werewolves thing".
    Not really. LoK werewolves are, as far as we've seen, exactly like any other werewolf so it'd just be 'meh'.

Crossovers between the two weren't that common until fairly recent stuff like Underworld, Van Helsing and Penny Dreadful. Vampires and werewolves have been independant mythologies for a very long time. How they react when put into the same story is entirely the descision the writer.

Next Event: The Beasts Come Out To Play

The FX becomes full on secondary skins during the vampire melee and human projectile shooting, where they both look like werewolves since both vampires and humans are capable of the change in this universe. I wonder what you could make the Sentinel wings look like during the change?

Here is looking at you Reaver

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood

The FX becomes full on secondary skins during the vampire melee and human projectile shooting, where they both look like werewolves since both vampires and humans are capable of the change in this universe. I wonder what you could make the Sentinel wings look like during the change?

That seems iffy.
    None of Kain's brood ever revealed any tendency toward shapeshifting or forms.

And having random members of all the different human factions (Sisters, Ironguard, Drowning Men, Seers, etc.) be werewolves seems a tad contradictory to what we've seen of werewolves via Blood Omen. They gather together in the Lost City or around the lightning forge. A few smallish areas of territory home to secluded werewolf community, unlikely to be scattered amongst various disconnected human factions like that.

If they were added, it seems most appropriate as a new human class. In lieu of a bow or launcher, give them lightning. Perhaps tied to Dejoule. Hard to believe they roamed around the lightning forge and none ever partook of that power. Their (presumed) construction of the moon gates suggests some inkling of magical knowledge that may permit harnessing of the spell. Add a cooldown-based ability to 'transform' for temporary claws and stat buffs.

Plus, if those skins were just for an event, it may fail to satiate those who want werewolves if they miss the event. Also, if the effect only occurred during attacking (melee/shooting), you'd (I imagine) have it flickering on and off if one were attacking slowly. Would look odd for a werewolf transformation, back and forth like that.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Apr 2015 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood

I thought of doing something similar but I wasn't sure how it should be implemented. I'm not too sure it that'd work.

Having werewolves as a full on faction is too big of a deal to the LOK lore to explain in a PvP game and the devs have already said many times that they won't do a melee human class. I'd like a heroes mode with maybe one character being a werewolf and I'd like PvE with an occasional werewolf mini-boss, but I just don't see it being viable for a class of it's own.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Having werewolves as a full on faction is too big of a deal to the LOK lore to explain in a PvP game and the devs have already said many times that they won't do a melee human class. I'd like a heroes mode with maybe one character being a werewolf and I'd like PvE with an occasional werewolf mini-boss, but I just don't see it being viable for a class of it's own.
    Well, my idea would be ranged, just the melee option would be more useful than the last-resort thing the other humans have. And werewolves only appeared in one game with no particular lore or dialogue explanation. Would it be such a big deal?

In the end we don't know anything about the werewolves aside that they would reside in places blocked by a moon gate...so anything is possible...It's unclear how they are created....

It could be that they were created by the builders of the Lost City to be used as guardians...Maybe the Builders of the Lost City died out, so the werewolves were "free". Werewolves only became humans after killed (in the game), maybe they could not transform back into human?
    So, after being "free" some would eventually get out of the Lost City and roam Nosgoth (being treated as wolves), and ended up entering these placed that had moon gate. So after full moon, they got stuck.
    Another thing, Daniel Cabuco confirmed that the Elder God would eventually destroy the Lost City ( http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24 ).
    In this scenario, the werewolves would eventually die out (since they aren't being created anymore), which would explain why we haven't seen them in other games...

Another possibility is taking in count that Kain could transform due to a spell...could humans learn this spell and become werewolf? Would they have to learn the spell or maybe a werewolf could transform another human into a werewolf?
    Assuming a human could shift at will, then there could be a society of werewolves...but if not, werewolves would just be wild animals like any other...this way, they would remain anonymous among regular wolves.

Nothing concretely rules out werewolves in the current SR1 era...we can only speculate and assume...

Page 2 of 2 First First 12