Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Random Questions about the Game

Random Questions about the Game

Yeah, I never got to those, so that's probably it. Thanks.

For people who have played or are playing...ask questions and give tips. DON'T drop spoilers. Thanks.

So, question, what are secret portals? I know there are friendship and battle portals, but one of the best Keyblades in the game needs all secret portals cleared. Also, what is the best Keyblade to have when fighting the final bosses for each character? Just wondering.

Secret Portals are portals that show up in TT-SS for Sora and TT-CotM for Riku after clearing the game once. They let you fight upgraded versions of the bosses that were in those worlds, and you gain bonus levels (usually HP up) for clearing them, plus the keychain with the highest strength in the game (18 str, 14 mag). They are usually in the same area where you fought the boss last though since some of those areas are now innaccesible one or two have moved (Sora's PP and SS ones come to mind).

The best keychain at this point is a HUGE pain to get. If you really want it, you'll have to complete all 39 of the special portals for a character to get the End of Pain (14 str, 16 mag). Clearing all special portals is a hassle, and getting Divewing (12 str, 15 mag) from A ranking all Dives for a character or Sweet Dreams (14 str, 12 mag) for clearing the Flick Rush Secret Cup with a character are much quicker and easier. Counterpoint (12 str, 14 mag) is not all too much worse off than any of these and is handed to you in SS, so if you haven't been working towards any of those three already you might as well go with it and just level up 3-4 times to make up those stat boosts (and some def, too).

If you want to get Sweet Dreams, I recommend using a party of Spirits with Mega Flare counterattacks. Off the top of my head, I believe Tatsu Steed, Tyranto Rex, Pricklemane (?), and Ryu Dragon (?) have it, but I'm not quite certain on those last two. Mega Flare seems to do mediocre damage at first glance, but is actually the most damaging move in the minigame so long as more than one of the enemy's team is alive because it hurts ALL of the opposing team! If you want to have a third member with a Faith counter, that's also a great choice since Faith heals all of your team.

Basho explained everything about the secret portals so I'll just include a couple of pages that people might find helpful.

secret portal location guide: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-h...

treasure chest guide (shows maps w/ treasure chest locations): kh13.com/forum/topic/38526-treasure-ches...

dreameater FAQ (includes info about eyes colors, how to get them, about affinity, and more): www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997779-kingdom-hear...

I was wondering is there a correct order when you go to worlds, because some websites have different orders and I get confused.

There isn't really a correct order but most worlds are marked with a lvl estimate that is updated when you finish a world. The level estimate is always a couple of levels lower for some worlds than for others, so that should give you a good idea of the order to visit them in: Traverse Town, Cite del Cloches, Tron (some sites have Prankster's Paradise before Tron but the enemies in Tron are just a little bit easier and its level estimate is lower), Prankster's Paradise, Traverse Town (2nd visit), Country of the Musketeers, Symphony of Sorcery, and then the final world (I won't say it because the name of it is a tiny spoiler). This order isn't absolute and you are free to jump around between different worlds. The enemies in different worlds in the same group don't really change much in power. The power jump comes when you unlock a new set of worlds. Of course, the enemies are never really easy. Anyways, whatever you feel like doing you can. You can complete all the worlds one at a time or jump around and do secret portals in every world while working on completing the worlds one at a time or just complete all of the worlds (avaliable to you at the time) at once. What you do is based on your preference.

Even though it is harder, I would recommend doing The Grid with Sora first since he gets his block counterattack from a chest there, and that move is highly useful against Wargoyle in Cloches. You can always just play until you reach the chest, then leave and do Cloches if you want.

What keyblade is best for fighting the bosses? Does it differ depending on the character? Please respond quickly, I really need to know.

There really isn't a best keyblade for fighting the bosses the first time around because your keyblades are still collecting. After the game is over and if you've beaten a certain character in Traverse Town, then things become easier with that keyblade until you get the strongest one. But until that point, just use the keyblades that are more recent as they are more powerful as you go along and it also depends on what commands you use in your deck if you're gonna choose a keyblade for the best damage.

Originally Posted by DarkestDawn
    What keyblade is best for fighting the bosses? Does it differ depending on the character? Please respond quickly, I really need to know.
    Sorry, didn't specify. THE final bosses (all 6 of them). Sorry.

If you'd read my first reply here, you'll find that I already said the best keychain for the boss gauntlet for either is the End of Pain, but I also listed the other optional keychains for if you didn't feel like putting in the time to get EoP. If it's refighting them you're talking about, it's a toss up between Unbound (18 str, 14 mag, gotten from clearing all secret portals) and Ultimate Weapon (16 of both, gotten from clearing the secret boss in the Fountain Plaza of TT). Both of those can only be gotten after clearing the game once, though.

I am at the part in the game where i have to go agenst Julian but i keep having trouble. What would be the best level to be at and also the best keyblade to use to bear Julian?

How that "Julian" looks like? I didn't find it in game records.

Once you beat the game and go to the fountain plaza in travers town julian appers from underground

The name's Julius, not Julian.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Sorry i knew it was somthing like that

I suggest using the Julius faq from gamefaqs.com, that's how I beat him. You can access the faq from here: www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997779-kingdom-hear.... Good luck with your fight, Julius isn't the hardest boss in the series (the mysterious figure in BBS was the hardest, and somehow the most fun to fight, even though I kept losing), but he's still a pain in the butt.

Ok thanks I will try that because i am a level 31 on Riku and he is a pain in the butt

Good luck! I'd suggest equipping Balloon/Balloonga in your Command list. Julius becomes interrupted sometimes when he touches the balloons; giving you time to dodge away and recover.

That is smart. I will try that

Hey when do you think the KH3D DDD v.1.1 update is going to come out and what it will contain

I have a question about this game, I noticed that Yen Sid was training Sora and Riku on the Art of Mastery, but the thing that bugs me is how can a wizard who's not a Keyblade wielder train them to become Keyblade Masters?

Unlike Ventus, Terra and Aqua, who were trained and tested by a master who can wield a Keyblade, Sora, Riku and Mickey are being trained and taught by a wizard who was never ever seen with a Keyblade. How do Yen Sid knows how to train them or what kind of trails and tests to put them through for the Art of Mastery?

Originally Posted by Roxas2013

I have a question about this game, I noticed that Yen Sid was training Sora and Riku on the Art of Mastery, but the thing that bugs me is how can a wizard who's not a Keyblade wielder train them to become Keyblade Masters?

Unlike Ventus, Terra and Aqua, who were trained and tested by a master who can wield a Keyblade, Sora, Riku and Mickey are being trained and taught by a wizard who was never ever seen with a Keyblade. How do Yen Sid knows how to train them or what kind of trails and tests to put them through for the Art of Mastery?

Yen Sid is a retired Keyblade Master, which is mentioned in at least one of the games. As he says in Birth By Sleep, I believe, "I am no longer a Master. I doffed that mantle." He no longer actively wields the Keyblade, but still retains the ability to do so as far as we know and has a full understanding of how the Keyblade works. This would make him a capable teacher.

yeah like Leaferian said... He was reconized as a Master by Eraqus as "Master no more, but he still watches the balance of Light and Darkness"

He kinda like Zordon from the power rangers... he gives instruction and powers but does not fight...... maybe he saw what the keyblade is capable of and decide best not continue on that path...

All JRPGs had Japanese audio options during the early days of the PS2. It's been discontinued just like a lot of things have been since the PS2. At least as far I know.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last