Thread: Patch Notes - March 31st, 2015

Patch Notes - March 31st, 2015

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The timer was shrunk down and tossed into a corner alongside the score. Above the map.

    Great new game map. Great Tyrant melee changes. Great Hellstrike changes. Completely awful UI changes. XP
    ah ok, thanks.

  2. #52
    Tried the new map on a private server. Grapple doesnt work on one spot and drops you back on the ground.

    I dont understand how you manage to break things that are not broken and could be untouched. After the scoreboard failure, you let them destroy the HUD. Even further obstructing the sight with the player model left and now with the huge map and ammo count on the right. But they moved the score, with was actually useful and a fast comprehensible place.

    Not even an alpha value for all that stuff!

    Thanks, but no thanks. Glad Dirty Bomb is here to stay now, GG.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Okay, there is definitely some kind of lag with this update. Tyrants and Alchemists blinking out of existence and teleporting...

    And now I notice even the ammo count and captions are enlarged to a distracting degree. Are there really enough blind people playing to justify all this?
    Yeah, I have just played several matches and during battle, the game lags and stutters terribly. It needs to be better optimized or something.

    I don´t like the giant font either, it´s very distracting. Not to mention the most important score counter is now super small on top of the map... It´s so annoying, please place it back where it was.

    Also, I do not like how the loadout screen disappears after initial startup and you have to keep pressing L to bring it up.

    It's not so much about whether it's the same, you may still need to toggle it to a different setting then back to force it.
    Yeah, it was set to the correct amounts (but I did reset every option just to be safe). Gave me a boost of 5fps, but Crucible still goes as low as 17 when particles are on screen.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 31st Mar 2015 at 22:34.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by FireWorks_
    But they moved the score, with was actually useful and a fast comprehensible place.
    Changing perfectly good things into incomprehensibly bad things. Maybe Psyonix was bought out by Google...

  5. #55
    This map is absolute garbage on low end computers. I may need to mess with my .ini settings till I save up for a new computer.

  6. #56
    Some interesting changes. Tyrant melee change is nifty and I'll be intrigued to see what effect the leaver penalty has.

    Explored The Crucible a little on a private server. Nice to see a statue of ye olde Turel, ponytail and all. Evolved Zephonim is brilliant, especially the claws.

    On a bit of a hiatus with Pillars of Eternity to get through, but looking forward to playing Nosgoth again soon!
    signature image

  7. #57
    As for the UI I like the death screen changes - you can now hide and show loadouts at will.

    The rest of the changes is questionable. I don't like the rotating minimap, it's also too large. I'm neautral to score position.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Why did you make molten weapons only purchasable with runes and cost as much as a Vanguard skin? Seriously, I have no problem paying for things in this game but this isn't right.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    255
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Changing perfectly good things into incomprehensibly bad things. Maybe Psyonix was bought out by Google...
    Psyonix doesn't do the UI.

    Our glorious Squeenix leaders do.

  10. #60
    1. Time and Score is better at top center screen.

    2. Mini map is too big

  11. #61
    I'd like a hotfix for the crosshair's un-centered dot please. It's that annoying.

    Even an option to turn off the crosshair entirely would be fine.

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Psyonix doesn't do the UI.

    Our glorious Squeenix leaders do.
    Well then, idea for a new LoK title: War for Nosgoth('s UI).

  13. #63
    Really do not like the death recap screen. I have no idea why I need to see the person who shot me in 3-4 different boxes that all show how much health they have. The entire screen just reads as a mishmash of icons, the older one needed some adjustment but was much more readable and better presented.

  14. #64
    I had been hoping for a molten theme since your first event and was incredibly excited to see you actually did one...only to be crushed that it's rune-only. Even if you do get them as drops...I'm lucky to ever see 1 drop a week, and those are usually perks. If past events you could buy with coins, should make them all that way. Was the only time to ever spend coins, too. What else am I gonna use em on? I gain more than I spend on recharges.

    I don't see the point in the mini-map being larger either. Seems like this update took away a good bit of screen space and added more distractions.
    I still haven't seen an explanation for why the summoner default skin changed. That kind of screws everyone over, doesn't it? People who paid real money for that skin now seems like a pointless buy since everyone who unlocks it at this point has it free. And not giving those who already unlocked it a choice, at-least? That just seems like a giant middle finger to both sides.
    signature image

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Psyonix doesn't do the UI.

    Our glorious Squeenix leaders do.
    Yeah I think they've mentioned before that it's the SE Montreal studio that does the UI and HUD stuff.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Roy644
    The game still crashes once in a while and the penalty applies regardless of the reason. I'm not responsible for those crashes, why should I be punished ?
    I don't even bother to play this game atm, because i can't finish a single match after they added Summoner. Lovely crashes =)
    Just checking forums for crash fixes info.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    The changes seem good, though for some reason I'm having really bad issues with hitting things with vampire melee.

    The new map is awesome! Love it big time, love the colouring of the skins etc on it, it's all nice and dark and mean and angry...just like a Tyrant - great work with it guys it's fabulous

    I'm curious to when the Crucible will feature on the FP maps line-up? I didn't get any matches on it last night so I'm assuming (which could be wrong) that it's not currently on the line-up.

  18. #68
    No objection to anything of this Patch DDD

    But I found a grappling hook spot witch is unaccessible:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...89022262574991

    You just fall down again xD
    signature image

  19. #69
    Originally Posted by Shikei001
    No objection to anything of this Patch DDD

    But I found a grappling hook spot witch is unaccessible:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...89022262574991

    You just fall down again xD
    That's just "trick-hook" to avoid melee hit

  20. #70
    Summoner
    Added a short delay after impact before the explosion occurs, needs to go back to the way it was before the 3/31/15 patch.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    Hey everyone!

    Lot of feedback to go through, so I'll address some of it here:

    Inferno Event:
    I'll share the feedback, including specifics on pricing, with the team here.

    Last year, we did indeed run two previous events, during our Closed Beta testing phase. These would have essentially been a bit of a trial, and the first time we've done anything of that nature. I know premium purchases can be a bit of an unsavory topic for some, but I think it's important to address this.

    Nosgoth is free, we do provide a massive amount of content for free with it. The approach we've taken is to include anything you could want gameplay wise (like maps, modes, classes, weapons, abilities) with free options as well - either right off the bat (available to everyone, like maps/modes), or by unlocking them after earning Gold/XP (classes, abilities, weapons). It can't apply to all items though unfortunately, premium purchases need to exist so we can continue to support and develop the game. Cosmetic items are a good example of a premium purchase that works. These kind of items don't provide a gameplay advantage, and don't alter your gameplay experience, but are a way to customise your appearance.

    The weapon effects have been included in drops as well, so there is still a way to get them for free, but the purchase option would be for Runestones, in line with the other cosmetic items (Skins). I know that isn't what everyone may like to hear, but we do appreciate all the support we've gotten, and hope that everyone understands that these kind of purchases need to exist in a free to play game.

    We do understand that you're looking for more things to spend earned Gold on though (gold sinks, as they were referred to in another thread), and we agree on adding those! It's something we've mentioned in some other posts and the State Of Play blogs, we have other features coming up for that, including Crafting. We're working on it!

    HUD:
    I'll share the feedback about the HUD/UI here!

    Originally Posted by _Haxa6
    I don't even bother to play this game atm, because i can't finish a single match after they added Summoner. Lovely crashes =)
    Just checking forums for crash fixes info.
    Have you been in touch with our support team? It may be better, as they can go through things with you one-on-one and then gather logs to figure out what's happening: http://support.nosgoth.com

    Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I'm curious to when the Crucible will feature on the FP maps line-up? I didn't get any matches on it last night so I'm assuming (which could be wrong) that it's not currently on the line-up.
    I'll check into that!

    Originally Posted by Shikei001
    No objection to anything of this Patch DDD

    But I found a grappling hook spot witch is unaccessible:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...89022262574991

    You just fall down again xD
    I'll let the guys know in case it isn't logged already, cheers!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  22. #72
    Originally Posted by Saikocat
    I know that isn't what everyone may like to hear, but we do appreciate all the support we've gotten, and hope that everyone understands that these kind of purchases need to exist in a free to play game.

    We do understand that you're looking for more things to spend earned Gold on though (gold sinks, as they were referred to in another thread), and we agree on adding those! It's something we've mentioned in some other posts and the State Of Play blogs, we have other features coming up for that, including Crafting. We're working on it!
    Great stuff completely understandable, cant wait to see how the crafting comes out, O and 1 question if answerable -Would we be able to break down previously purchased event items to apply their FX to a personally crafted item in future?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    I couldn't answer on specifics for Crafting just yet, it hasn't been outlined here at the moment, but once we have more info to share on how it works we'll create a new thread here too
    It shouldn't be long before we can go into more detail though.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  24. #74
    A fantastic update if I must say so! I personally didn't notice any fps drop on my end(well maybe 5fps or something small). Also the Crucible is a very nice looking map!
    But... I wish we could purchase the molten weapons with gold as well, even for something like 5k or 10k or something. Kinda sucks.

    Also-- what in the world did you guys do to the UI? I mean, some parts are nice, like the newer class pick menu as well as the "list" format for picking diff skills/abilities, as well as the dot+smaller crosshair. I really don't like the vertical split screen of the death cam, imo it's horridly set up. I think it could easily be more compacted down to not take up so much of the screen, or even placed differently.
    I'm sure many might agree with me, but why not make us a menu in the options to customize our own UI? I know we can do it in other ways, but for the people who don't know how to edit configs/etc it'd be easier if a customization menu was implemented. Or even a "beginner" UI that's easy for new players to get info out of, and an "advanced" UI that's simple, smaller icons/etc, and takes up the least amount of space on our screens.
    I honestly still think the UI/menu from closed alpha/closed beta was much more simple and easier to read, and instead of making it have a bit more details in it, it was changed almost completely to something that was the opposite. IDK.
    Still love the game tho.
    -+ E.F +-
    EnlightenedFool

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by Enlightened_Fool
    A fantastic update if I must say so! I personally didn't notice any fps drop on my end(well maybe 5fps or something small). Also the Crucible is a very nice looking map!
    But... I wish we could purchase the molten weapons with gold as well, even for something like 5k or 10k or something. Kinda sucks.

    Also-- what in the world did you guys do to the UI? I mean, some parts are nice, like the newer class pick menu as well as the "list" format for picking diff skills/abilities, as well as the dot+smaller crosshair. I really don't like the vertical split screen of the death cam, imo it's horridly set up. I think it could easily be more compacted down to not take up so much of the screen, or even placed differently.
    I'm sure many might agree with me, but why not make us a menu in the options to customize our own UI? I know we can do it in other ways, but for the people who don't know how to edit configs/etc it'd be easier if a customization menu was implemented. I honestly still think the UI/menu from closed alpha/closed beta was much more simple and easier to read, and instead of making it have a bit more details in it, it was changed almost completely to something that was the opposite. IDK.
    Still love the game tho.
    Ye the UI takes abit gettng used to, my only gripes with it are the score and time not being at top middle and the perk names being renamed to the most basic of names (very boring).

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last