Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lunar Event

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    Ha! And Oh! I had not read that about "DD." The thought just popped in my mind a few hours ago (I must be behind the times on that one?) and now I'm even more curious especially now I know that the DONTNOD team have actually stated that it could be considered as a hybrid.

Thanks for the enlightening post, Grimoire.

Very interesting indeed.

Trust me I am not stupid lol, but what did you mean by "hybrid" ?! In relation to the game not the actual word... Plus what does that have to do with the eclipse? it sounds interesting and I am curious

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
    A time travel based explanation would be possible of course (I didn't even consider one based on real science). The thing is just that I don't consider Life is Strange to be a SciFi-game about time travel. And even in a SciFi-game it would be difficult to find a reasonable explanation for lunar time travel.
    IMHO they will somehow find a way to make this eclipse a non-issue. It won't be as easy as with the snow, but otherwise we'd have a game about strange astronomical phenomena and that's probably not going to happen.
    Maybe they just say that only people in Arcadia Bay saw the eclipse and no one really knows why, because the moon was someplace else. They could let the people in town question their perception a little bit. Maybe it was just a weather balloon or some kind of optical illusion?
    Then you can still speculate that it had something to do with time travel, but you'll never know what really happened.

It actually made sense to me as, I think max is stuck in a loop, I think she re-lived those 5 days so many times that it all became like one reality of events without max knowing, maybe she WAS in the future and rewinded one last time to make things right... And maybe it IS the last time because everything is emerging into 5 days! That's why the snow, eclipse, huge tornado is coming. She went through all those while in a loop to fix things. And I really do believe that Chloe's death in that bathroom is the solution but max just couldn't do it. I think I will cry at the end because I know that max will know what to do, and just "gotta let go" as Chloe would say, because she "can't sleep" .... I hope I get to choose between me and Chloe, because I would rather as max to be me than chloe if this theory is right, then I will cry so hard.

EDIT : I think max can rewind "time" hence saving Kate and Chloe and by that she can change "time" but she CANT change the weather, she can't make a rainy day sunny, she cant make a cloudy day clear. That why it's snowing in a sunny day, my theory is that she is in a loop for many months maybe years rewinding those 5 days again and again. And maybe this is the last time because every thing is emerging into one reality, the tornado can't go back this time. Maybe she'll have ONE chance to rewind and this is to have Chloe OR her die in the bathroom in that 1st day. And I hope we get to choose, because I can't let Chloe go
    Last edited by Mercyva20x2; 26th Apr 2015 at 06:07.

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    I do not see how you would think that? Max is constantly travelling back in time to reshape future events and, has no idea when she returns to the present how much the consequences of her actions will impact upon the future. It is a major premise and function of the entire game.

And to reiterate my point: The Moon we all saw eclipse the Sun at the end game was a Moon that didn't belong in that sector of the sky at that given time!

Oh. . .and on a personal note. The last total solar eclipse occurred on July 22, 2009 and lasted for 6 minutes, 39 seconds. The best place on the entire planet to watch this astronomical spectacle was in India. I am glad to report that I was actually there for the entire event and it remains the most beautiful and frightening thing I have ever seen.

And to quote Professor Brian Cox: "It's the solar system coming down and grabbing you by the throat."
    I can kinda see the point of this person before you. There is a lot of spiritual and native american references throughout the first two episodes. It really could be fantasy from many points of view. Consent reminders of native american, from the totem to the spirit guide. Just because time travel is there dosen't mean its sci-fi.

Getting more so on topic. At this point in time, its really hard to say what the event really mean's. Odd weather can mean a storm, changing lunar cycles is another. Maybe a premonition of future events?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexrook View Post
    I can kinda see the point of this person before you. There is a lot of spiritual and native american references throughout the first two episodes. It really could be fantasy from many points of view. Consent reminders of native american, from the totem to the spirit guide. Just because time travel is there dosen't mean its sci-fi.
    So how long has time travel existed within the realms of science fact? Is it not fiction?

Yes...it is fiction. Thus. Science Fiction! Unless you can supply an example and proof of anyone who has time travelled?!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Mercyva20x2 View Post
    Trust me I am not stupid lol, but what did you mean by "hybrid" ?! In relation to the game not the actual word... Plus what does that have to do with the eclipse? it sounds interesting and I am curious
    I do apologise, I didn't see this post of yours - hence why I haven't replied.

I used the term 'hybrid' simply as a means to describe the way that "Life is Strange" is using different elements and combining them all together thus, creating a hybrid using various ideas.
    signature image

I think it is possible that there are 2 dimensions, 1 with Max and 1 with Rachel and the Doe.

If the dimensions are overlaying, you see the Doe as a ghost (not invisble, not realy clear visible) looking from the other dimension into Max`s dimension.

And if this dimension has another timeline, you can see curious things like snowfall in oct, eclipse, a not working clock and something like a "ghost" under a shower. that means more people are effected by max`s time reverse than we thought.

Maybe the Storm is natural, but from another timeline. (in the past there was a big storm, maybe it is the same again)
    Last edited by Nox_Dogma; 4th May 2015 at 14:38.

The alternate dimension thing is a strong contender and there is much evidence in the game to support this as a working theory.

Personally speaking, I do not think that Rachel and the doe are connected - I think the doe has more to do with Max, herself, than anything else.

The storm, in my mind, is all down to Max using her ability to alter events in her timeline.

This game is very good at keeping its secrets well hidden until the time comes for them to reveal themselves. It is playing with many themes that all interlace with each other, so it is very hard to predict in which direction the story will head to next. But there are clues and pointers everywhere that inspire us to come up with own theories to explain what is actually happening in Arcadia Bay.
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12