Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Current Meta Frusterations!!

Current Meta Frusterations!!

Originally Posted by HexMee
    They're meant to be all rounders, not experts on all areas.
    Hunters have the highest dps.
    Hunters have the highest damage/clip.
    Hunters have the best CC in the game.
    Hunters have the easiest to use, strongest, most reactive and reliable AoE in the game (explosive shot).

I don't mind humans being stronger than vampires, same goes for counter-terrorists generally being stronger than terrorists in counter strike, it's never really been a huge issue. My problem is that ALL other classes for humans completely pale in comparison to hunters.
    What do we tell new people to focus on when they ask what's the best to start with? Hunter.
    What do I do when I feel like I'm underperforming in a top tier competitive match? I swap to hunter.
    This is where some more specialization of classes might come in handy...But that seems like it'd be a whole new set of issues.

I created an account here for the sole reason to concur with the original poster.

I am deadly sick of the Summoner meta. It's frustrating, boring and irritating to play against Summoners. Not just the unawareness of where the Hell Strike is going to land but also the Stalkers soaking an insane amount of damage when the Summoner player is going in for close combat.

Originally Posted by HexMee
    ALL other classes for humans completely pale in comparison to hunters.
    Only if we're talking about pure stacks of prophets or scouts vs a hunter stack.

What I meant to say earlier was a pure hunter stack isn't overwhelmingly better than a mixed human comp of say 2 hunters + prophet + scout. To claim 4 hunters' a broken meta is an exaggeration.

They're a safe bet for sure. Whenever I feel someone on my human team is feeding or not contributing enough I'm always tempted to ask them to switch to hunter lol (but i don't out of respect). And it's only coz hunters a safe fallback all rounder class. Not coz #broken

Originally Posted by Bragii
    the Stalkers soaking an insane amount of damage when the Summoner player is going in for close combat.
    Basically any AoE will eradicate them. I'm surprised nobody uses the Slayer more, it seems to stay alive a bit longer...

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Basically any AoE will eradicate them. I'm surprised nobody uses the Slayer more, it seems to stay alive a bit longer...
    Yes they are weak against AoE. On the other hand, a good summoner will always summon his Stalkers after the human have used his AoE abilities.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Casting slayer means not dealing damage and potentially eating a bunch of damage for free. Casting stalkers can instantly absorb incoming damage/cc and leave you free to attack straight away. Stalkers are far more versatile. It's a no brainer. I'm suprised anyone uses slayer. A slayer may endure an explosive shot but the tradeoff is not worth it regardless.

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    Casting slayer means not dealing damage and potentially eating a bunch of damage for free. Casting stalkers can instantly absorb incoming damage/cc and leave you free to attack straight away. Stalkers are far more versatile. It's a no brainer. I'm suprised anyone uses slayer. A slayer may endure an explosive shot but the tradeoff is not worth it regardless.
    Well. So much for "sidegrades, not upgrades" then. XD

I have seen the stalker used pretty well once or twice. One of my friends summons it and then charges a power attack and between them both they end up dropping a human really fast.

This obviously is only used as a sneak attack.

Also Hellstrike now is quite slow.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12