Last year when I bought my PlayStation 3 Super Slim 12GB and added a 250GB hard drive, I did a little experimenting with the songs from Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X I purchased and downloaded from iTunes, plus the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster soundtrack on Blu-Ray that came with the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Collector's Edition I had before I bought the game console. I used the songs from iTunes (Suteki Da Ne, Melodies of Life, Aerith's Theme, Out of The Frying Pan, The Girl from Madain Sari) for a game that accepts custom soundtracks and playlists (only after I converted those songs to MP3 to make them work properly because the games I use won't get along with the iTunes format), and use some of the songs from the FFX HD soundtrack (A Contest of Aeons, Suteki Da Ne - Orchestra Version) since they're MP3 after I managed to download the entire soundtrack to my laptop from the PS3 and Wi-Fi. They worked perfectly without any issues and the songs are wonderful as is.

As for the games I use to experiment with the songs, I have a little confession to make. I use Gran Turismo 5 & 6 with the songs I mentioned through the Personal BGM (Race) feature. And as for the playlist, well, it's a huge mish-mash of Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, etc., combined with the songs from the Final Fantasy series. After all, what's more fun than listening to Rikki's hit song Suteki Da Ne while taking a lap around the Nürburgring or hear Emiko Shiratori's Melodies of Life while travelling at speeds of over 400 km/h?