Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae

I have no idea if members of the development team of FF XV read the forums at all, or if SE has people who read the forums who pass on particularly interesting info. If not, I certainly hope someone like Grimoire would raise this to their attention.

In case anybody hasn't seen it, there's basically a tech demo out for FF XV that Tabata showed. And while you can tell the game looks great, the stream is really poor.

Additionally, I came across a translation of the demo, right here. Near the end, they mention how it might be nice to show the demo or something like it on Square Enix Presents.

I would like to request that. I would love to see HD quality video of this or something similar. They could do it in Japanese and maybe give us subtitles, and talk about the tech and about the combat some (basically the same as this, but not so poor-looking).

Any chance of this getting to Tabata's ears?

Well, it looks like they ARE doing something like this:

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/square-en...show-next-week

Which is fantastic. I hope they go into more detail. Thanks, SE!

Question about EPISODE DUSCAE.

Sorry for the ignorance but I plan to buy Type-0 HD for PS4 and I have two questions:

Does the code for EPISODE DUSCAE have a limited time to redeem it? Because shipping to my country is really slow.
    And also, can it be redeemed in one console and then download demo in another? Is it registered in your PSN?

Thanks!

I believe you have about a month.

And I THINK it's a code so theoretically you could sell it (or download on another console). Be aware I'm not sure of this.

Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity
    I believe you have about a month.

And I THINK it's a code so theoretically you could sell it (or download on another console). Be aware I'm not sure of this.
    The case is that I'm not in my town, so I plan to log into a friend's PS4 and redeem it there, but I want to know if when I get back to my PS4, I'll see it available for download in my PS4 Library.

I'm not sure exactly how long you have. But if you're going to be home a week or two after it releases, you should be fine.

Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity
    I'm not sure exactly how long you have. But if you're going to be home a week or two after it releases, you should be fine.
    Well, supposing it's a normal PSN code, I can redeem it through the website, right?

Unable to play Episode Duscae on PS4

So I got my copy of Type-0 in the mail today and immediately went to download FFXV: Episode Duscae. After downloading and installing I went to play and all I received was a message that said it was unable to play the game and that it needed to be purchased from the playstation store. So I chose the option to go to the playstation store and I get a message saying something like, unable to access. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they resolved it.

FFXV Duscae Demo Feedback/Impressions

I thought I'd start an official thread for feedback on the demo.

-
    -

To start off, I really enjoyed the 7 hours of gameplay I sank into exploring. There is a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about the game that still rings of "Final Fantasy" despite it being so radically different from its turn-based predecessors.

Here are some general pros and cons.

Pros:

1) It's absolutely beautiful. I spent most of my time running aimlessly around the massive Duscae map (which I'm told will be far bigger in the full game?), looking at the scenery, and finding little blue and red treasure bulbs.

2) Takes being open world seriously. There are barely any directions beyond the main quest markers. I really had to explore to find the locations that trigger sidequests. I liked that.

3) Warping and the Armiger. Warping is nicely streamlined. Armiger combat is very cool, especially after you clear the demo and open up the omnislash attack. I do however think it should end at 10-15% mp, so you can continue to dodge when it cuts out.

4) Battle music. It's pulse-racing and awesome. If the rest of the themes are this good I will be a happy, happy man.

5) Noctis' English voice actor. Doesn't really fit his jpop image, but the dude makes Noct seem like an effortless bamf.

6) Being able to switch weapons whenever and wherever, even mid-combat is great. Current weapon setup not working out against a certain type of enemy? Hey presto just change it. Zweihander in Crush and Partisan in Ravage was a particularly epic combo.

Cons:

1) Focus and targeting. Targeting is a massive clusterf***. The camera has real problems effectively following enemies. Please fix it, or make target lock easily switchable.

2) Ramuh summon is a crazy OP combat ending 'oh crap' button. This is justified with the drawback that anything he kills won't give you exp or items. Still, you definitely need to input a way to limit how frequently this can be used. Maybe some kind of regen bar.

3) The night/day cycle is too short.

4) Game lags when you get caught in continuous night mobs of 15+ enemies.

5) Aliasing problems here and there.

6) Treasure bulbs need a more visible pop-up marker. Change the color of the marker to something more luminescent and make it visible from another 10 meters away and you're golden.

7) Noct needs a larger, more visible health and mana bar, especially if he is the only playable character. Think Sora's bars in KH?

8) Leveling up is bland and far FAR too easy, especially with food/caravans that greatly increase exp.

9) The lack of a mechanism that allows us to customize the chars in some way irks me. I guess maybe I'm just used to skill trees, abilities, and visible gear. Hopefully something makes it into the full game. Maybe a simplified job system?

10) Always looking at the back of Noct's head in cut scenes. Some intuitive cinematic camera angles would be nice.

11) Dialogue is a little stiff, but I'm not surprised. It's FF.

I just bought it today, the code i got does not seem to work though. I am in Australia I am wondering if anyone knows if it takes a little longer for the demo to get to us?

Originally Posted by osoalex
    Well, supposing it's a normal PSN code, I can redeem it through the website, right?
    I honestly don't have any PlayStation experience so I couldn't say. You can definitely give it a shot.

Actually take a look at this:

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-th...o-288444.phtml

Says the expiration date is literally one year from yesterday (or 3-17-15 wherever you are). As long as the code comes with your copy of the game, you should be fine.

Originally Posted by Lossendal
    I just bought it today, the code i got does not seem to work though. I am in Australia I am wondering if anyone knows if it takes a little longer for the demo to get to us?
    Not sure about you guys, though I believe Europe gets it on the 19th.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Indeed it does! I redeemed my code through the PlayStation Store website yesterday and I was instantly able to download it. I took the USA version.

I saw a notificaiton at JB Hifi today stating the release date of FF15 Demo in Aus will be on 20/03/2015 at 10am.

I bought FF Type 0 today and tried the demo code, didn't work. Guess we have to wait till tomorrow then.

This tweet is from the official SQUARE ENIX Europe account but indeed it's for Friday. *sings Rebecca Black-ish*

Iimpressions of FFXV: Episode Duscae

I was just wondering what everyone thought of the newly released final fantasy demo for next gen consoles. Here are my thoughts.

Overall, i thought the demo was good with a few minor problems.

1.) The lock-on targeting needs a little work. The camera doesnt follow locked on targets, when enemies run behind you or off-screen, you have to follow with the camera by yourself. It breaks the whole purpose of even locking onto a target.

2.) The day and night cycles are way too short. It felt like they only lasted about 30mins per cycle. They need to be prolonged, i couldnt get much done during the day before it turned into night and massive amounts of enemies spawned (2-3 fights during the day, and it already turned to night it seemed).

3.) There was a huge open world, but nothing to really interact with. There were alot of buildings in the environment, but it seems like they were just added there for the hell of it. You couldnt enter them and they had no significant purpose but were mainly placed there purely for aesthetics.

4.)Summoning: Hopefully its just because its a demo but there should be a summoning gauge that you must fill up to allow you to be able to summon aeons. Otherwise, they will be spammed constantly and everyone's ticket to easy fights.

5.) Party members need a Gambit system similar to that of FF12. Sometimes they just stand around and do nothing. Also they often get the way, blocking your path.

I played the demo for 12 hours up to now.

Differently from some other FF series player I appreciate the new combat system I really like it, I played all the FF from the 7 on, and I still think that the action-based combat is the right direction for the next FF.

Going back to Episode Duscae I want to suggest some features that in my opinion could enhance gameplay:

1) The summon is too passive after I called it five times I was bored from that, an approach similar to FFXII could be better, so to have a phase in which the Eidolon fights while charging the final attack.

2) I liked the two health bar idea but it would be better to have one recoverable bar and permanent damage bar recovered only after resting in a camp.

3) The two mentioned features could be linked using the permanent damage bar to "feed" the Eidolon energy, the more of your health is absorbed the more his final attack is powerful. Of course in this case the final attack moment should be commanded by the player so that you can decide how much health invest in your attack, limiting also the times you can use the Eidolons during the day because of permanent damages.

4) Augment the day/night cycle duration.

5) Allow some camera regulations.

Ok, after playing through the demo twice now. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS

1) JAPANESE AUDIO WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES

2) I LOVE the addition of the jump and dash comands.

3) The fighting style is absolutely amazing.

4) "Listening" in on conversations instead of having people speaking at all times. I like not missing things because I wasn't paying attention. Even if it is less "real".

5) The "return to rest point" menu option.

6) Status boosts

7) The fact that the status boost are always visible near your HP bar

8) The open world map is amazing. And the graphics! I don't care if this game comes out in the low resolution of the demo. Because I STILL loved it

9) THE PHANTOM SWORDS

10) I actually LOVE the exclusion of the "skill tree" system. I hated it in X and I still do. I assume we will get some sort of system when magic and techniques are given to us in the full game. But please, I'm here to play a game and be immersed in the story. Not to spend hours and hours staring at some skill chart. The constant "what if I had done that instead" "Oh shoot this next boss is weak against fire. I leveled up ice". Please, magic levels up upon using it! In real life if I want to get better at an instrument I don't go to the gym and suddenly get better at that too. You have to practice the instrument. So using fire magic should equal fire magic leveling up. Not "I won a battle so now I can do whatever I want with these points"

11) Getting EXP for completing missions. This to me felt more real. In real life you gain "experience" from not only doing physical activities but by doing tasks. Want to be a military pilot? You need to train at the gym, but flying a plane around would probably be a better "experience" to get. So having charaters gain EXP from fighting and missions is a smart move!

CONS

1) THERE ARE NO SUBS WHILE IN A BATTLE!

2) While camping the characters current and new HP/MP are not shown.

3) Again, while camping, you can't CHOOSE what to cook. I stocked up 10 of everything to check and make sure a lack of ingredients wasn't the problem.

4) Targeting is AWFUL. You have to press and hold R1 until it finally locks, I can't figure out how to switch targets, and the camera doesn't track the enemy.

5) It is too difficult to escape if surrounded. I have been completely surrounded and not been able to use potions or run (he limps while at 0 HP) I like the limping, but either the potions need to be quicker or your friends need to help more.

6) After several hours of playing I was only helped by my party members a handful of times.

7) While using the dash/run command if you are close to an enemy Noct decides "Hey dash and attack are the same button. SO ATTACK" NO I WANTED TO RUN AWAY. Please make these different buttons.

8) Finding the Subtitle option was horrible. The options in the title screen are "Language and Text". Ok so I think Subs are on. Start game. No subs. After you get through the opening, and the tutorial, if you pause and go to the help menu. Options are again listed. This time with a Subs hide option. Turning subs on I had to restart the game to see the opening. This is ridiculous! And this menu has no language or text options. Please make the title menu's options include subs. And the in-game options include languages.

9) This is not a big one. You can't speak to everyone, you can only eavesdrop on people having conversations.

10) Again, not huge. The clothes for the NPC are so repetitive. I think there are 3 outfits per gender. Alternate colors. That's it.

MY WISHLIST

1) Changing Noct and the others clothes. Maybe some different Tees for sale. A new pair of shoes. Just thought it would be cool to give them a little customizability!

2) SWIMMING! Ever since Noct took a dive in the ocean with Leviathan in a teaser, I've been dying to take a dip in the FF world

3) After staring at the gas station and everything in it. I noticed snacks on the counter. Cheese crackers and nuts. It would be fun to be able to buy snacks and eat them while exploring. No need to camp. A quick snack and a short lasting status boost. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by Sebsstrife; 23rd Mar 2015 at 18:20.

It says that the PSN code is good for exactly one year from the March 17th release date of 2015 on a set of voucher codes out now. Sometimes it can be bough somewhere separate from the game. I read in one place that it was being sold for as much as $30. It might be better to just by the game instead at a price of $30 for a demo. Demos are a sought after commodity at times and in some case very popular.

Originally Posted by Sebsstrife
    Ok, after playing through the demo twice now. Here are my pros and cons
    Ok so I can't access my account anymore, but I'm the same person. I just wanted to add a link to my youtube video review if anyone wants to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7weflbvmz9s

Can't offer feedback to Square even though I played the demo. Who do talk to?

Played the demo but can't offer feedback because I didn't have the clairvoyance to hold onto a useless piece of paper for a week. Thanks Square-Enix for not letting me know ahead of time that I should have kept this piece of paper around. I really wanted to offer feedback but now I can't. I shouldn't have to go out of my way just to do that.

Rolleyes FF XV Feedback - Needs a code, bought digitally, does anyone know where to locate?

I searched the forums, but didn't find a post like this. I bought Type - 0 (and am enjoying it) digitally, and would like to give feedback on FFXV but can't do so without a code, but I don't know where to find a code when I bought the game digitally.

Any help or tips?

Thanks,

The demo do not feel like what i saw from different presentations. It makes me wonder why the charakter design was changed for worse. The camera and targeting system during battles is not working that well for me and there're a lot issues with the framerate. The framerate not only drops while in battle with lot of enemies but anytime. I just need to stand on the gas station and turn the camera around the... framerate goes down to lower then 20fps for sure. I can not even tell if the game ever reaches 30fps. In distance everything look really blurry with some flickering. Everything runs on Ps4 in native 900p and i really don't see the game in 1080p with constant 30fps ever happen. This does not look like what i saw in all those presentations. Mekes me feel like Ps4 ans One are not fit to handle such a game that was originally announced for Ps3. Maybe SqaureEnix should wait until the next hardware generation to make this game happen ?

Originally Posted by xTHORGALx
    The demo do not feel like what i saw from different presentations. It makes me wonder why the charakter design was changed for worse. The camera and targeting system during battles is not working that well for me and there're a lot issues with the framerate. The framerate not only drops while in battle with lot of enemies but anytime. I just need to stand on the gas station and turn the camera around the... framerate goes down to lower then 20fps for sure. I can not even tell if the game ever reaches 30fps. In distance everything look really blurry with some flickering. Everything runs on Ps4 in native 900p and i really don't see the game in 1080p with constant 30fps ever happen. This does not look like what i saw in all those presentations. Mekes me feel like Ps4 ans One are not fit to handle such a game that was originally announced for Ps3. Maybe SqaureEnix should wait until the next hardware generation to make this game happen ?
    The framerate (on PS4 at least) does indeed reach 30 fps, albeit in 900p, as you mentioned. It's usually at 30 fps, except for the occasional dip. The Xbox One version is worse - the framerate is almost always sub-PS4, with a lower resolution as well (1408x792) - and doesn't reach 30 fps too often.

As for my demo feedback: Except for the graphical issues due to the "early" () development stage, I agree with the game needing some sort of camera speed controls, and a revamped targeting system. High-ground in-battle warps are difficult, so is changing enemy targets. How about a dedicated button/button combination to cycle through available targets?

@Excellentia
    So what does it tell me ? I don't really care if it runs better compared to another hardware i didn't play. I was playing it on the Ps4 and it was far from running with a fluent framerate. If this demo ever reaches 30fps then all the other games locked at 30fps must run in 60fps compared to this one. You have framedrops all the time.
    But i saw the demo on a friends One and i didn't see the difference in resolution but sometimes it looked a little better (maybe better light effects or something) compared to the version i was playing on my Ps4. But the framefrops are the same as on my Ps4 and nothing like you said.

And "early developement stage" you say ? This game is now in developement for at last 8 years.

Originally Posted by xTHORGALx
    @Excellentia
    So what does it tell me ? I don't really care if it runs better compared to another hardware i didn't play. I was playing it on the Ps4 and it was far from running with a fluent framerate. If this demo ever reaches 30fps then all the other games locked at 30fps must run in 60fps compared to this one. You have framedrops all the time.
    But i saw the demo on a friends One and i didn't see the difference in resolution but sometimes it looked a little better (maybe better light effects or something) compared to the version i was playing on my Ps4. But the framefrops are the same as on my Ps4 and nothing like you said.

And "early developement stage" you say ? This game is now in developement for at last 8 years.
    Oh, come on!

1) You said, and I quote: "I can not even tell if the game ever reaches 30fps". I merely stated that it does, indeed, reach 30 fps. In fact, it's more often at 30 fps than not. (Although this doesn't hold true for the Xbox One version. But I know you were talking about the PS4 version.)

2) I linked to a technical analysis article with a video that shows the framerate. I apologize if this is not your experience.

3) Yes, "early". Hence the quotation marks to indicate irony. I even added a smiley for good measure!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last