Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Luke Goss in Hell Boy 2 Reminds me of Kain

Luke Goss in Hell Boy 2 Reminds me of Kain

Luke Goss in Hell Boy 2 Reminds me of Kain

So this resemblance has been seen before, and not just by me:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

But then I saw this image earlier today, and I don't think I need to tell anyone here who it looks like.

(click image to enlarge)

Where's your warpaint, dude? Quick, the humans are coming!

PS: Uh. Do I need to make those images smaller? I don't know how if so. D8
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 21st Mar 2015 at 11:14. Reason: Clarrified the intent of the thread in the title

Upload them to imgur and resize them.

And now you've got me thinking about who could play LoK characters. I vote Anthony Hopkins as Turel.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    PS: Uh. Do I need to make those images smaller? I don't know how if so. D8
    You shouldn't need to resize them separately, just use the thumb tags rather than the image tags - you can find the thumb tags represented by an icon of a picture with arrows pointing inwards next to the Youtube icon (you might need to 'go advanced' on your post) placing the image link here will put the image as the correct size for the forum layout but will also give other users the option to "click image to enlarge"
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    You shouldn't need to resize them separately, just use the thumb tags rather than the image tags - you can find the thumb tags represented by an icon of a picture with arrows pointing inwards next to the Youtube icon (you might need to 'go advanced' on your post) placing the image link here will put the image as the correct size for the forum layout but will also give other users the option to "click image to enlarge"
    Oooh, ok! I'll have to remember that next time! I don't post pictures often enough for it to come up. 8U

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Upload them to imgur and resize them.

And now you've got me thinking about who could play LoK characters. I vote Anthony Hopkins as Turel.
    Eh, unfortunately he'd be a little too old, even though he's one of my absolute favorite actors. He would be pretty awesome as someone like Vorador, though? Ooor...Maybe someone like Mortanius?

Oooh, ok! I'll have to remember that next time! I don't post pictures often enough for it to come up. 8U

Eh, unfortunately he'd be a little too old, even though he's one of my absolute favorite actors. He would be pretty awesome as someone like Vorador, though? Ooor...Maybe someone like Mortanius?

That's what makeup and effects are for! He'd be mostly a horrific special effect anyway. XD Actually, I can see Hopkins as the shriveled lunatic Nupraptor...And get Charles Dance in there someplace, maybe Mortanius.

Ohhhh, Nupraptor would be a great choice, actually! I don't know who Dance is, I'll have to look him up. :P

Though I will say in regards to my OP: he makes a perfect Blood Omen/2 Kain, but I don't think Luke Goss has the face shape/body build to play Evolved Kain. :P And we all know that they literally based Evolved Kain's face off of Simon Templeman, soooo...

Ohhhh, Nupraptor would be a great choice, actually! I don't know who Dance is, I'll have to look him up. :P

Though I will say in regards to my OP: he makes a perfect Blood Omen/2 Kain, but I don't think Luke Goss has the face shape/body build to play Evolved Kain. :P And we all know that they literally based Evolved Kain's face off of Simon Templeman, soooo...
    ...You, sir, need to go watch Game of Thrones. All of it. Now.

And I didn't know that...

Mark Strong to play Kain, in any era.

Liam Neeson as Malek's corpse.

Ben Kingsley as Mobius

OH WAIT, is Charles Dance also the guy who played the sire Vampire in the recent Dracula Untold movie? 8V I recognize his face, but I think those might be the only two things I've seen him in! DU was a great movie, btw, they cast Vlad as a superhero sort of character instead of the villain, it's a really interesting concept and I cannot wait to see what they do with it! I get a feeling you guys might appreciate a movie with a homocidal Vampire King as the hero. ;D

Ben Kingsley would be a fooping fantastic Moebius, yes...!!! And you cracked me up so hard with Liam Neeson as Malek's corpse...! XDDDD

I agree Anthony Hopkins is too old to be Turel; but his voice as the Elder God, Yes Please.

Actually, the guy I always thought would be great to replace Tony Jay was...er...that guy who did the voice of the food critic in Ratatouille. I'm not sure what his name is, but me and my fellow-LoK-fangirl sister both turned to each other when we went to go see it with my mom (she loves those kinds of movies) and were like "HE'D MAKE A GREAT ELDER GOD...8U"

That'd be Peter O' Toole - a film legend.... but tragically also dead.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

AURGH! Our awesome-old-actors need to stop kicking the bucket!

OH WAIT, is Charles Dance also the guy who played the sire Vampire in the recent Dracula Untold movie? 8V I recognize his face, but I think those might be the only two things I've seen him in! DU was a great movie, btw, they cast Vlad as a superhero sort of character instead of the villain, it's a really interesting concept and I cannot wait to see what they do with it! I get a feeling you guys might appreciate a movie with a homocidal Vampire King as the hero. ;D

Ben Kingsley would be a fooping fantastic Moebius, yes...!!! And you cracked me up so hard with Liam Neeson as Malek's corpse...! XDDDD
    DU was a terrible, awful, miserable movie and there was exactly zero reason for them to destroy ANOTHER of the great fictional monsters with some inane sympathizing origin story...But we can agree to disagree. StopruiningallourbadguysHollywood.

Anyway...I wonder if Christopher Lee could replace Tony Jay.

Only part of that movie I liked was when that new vamp said that line to the Turk, about first thinking there were too many Turks in the world when he was human and now as a vamp he was afraid that there might not be enough of them, and then biting out a huge junk out of the Turk's throat.

Nicely Done

I'll definitely agree to disagree. I've always been fascinated with Vlad Dracula the historical figure, and he's an actual hero in the countries where he ruled, so it was nice to see something that was probably closer to what they would have liked made. It's the movie I've been waiting for for a few decades now. Dracula was only ever a villain because noblemen wanted to take control from him for their own gain, so they teamed up with other ruling factions in other countries to conspire against him.

Yeah, he was brutal to his enemies, but a lot of what we were told about him was propaganda of the time, and he kept his country from being invaded by outsiders for as long as he could, so they love him in Romania.

But enough arguing about that. BACK TO NOSGOTHY STUFF.

I could definitely get behind Christopher Lee, tbh! He's super awesome and has a great voice for evil stuff!

We need to get Lee soon if he is the one to be the Elder God, not meaning to offend but he is 92.

I'll definitely agree to disagree. I've always been fascinated with Vlad Dracula the historical figure, and he's an actual hero in the countries where he ruled, so it was nice to see something that was probably closer to what they would have liked made. It's the movie I've been waiting for for a few decades now. Dracula was only ever a villain because noblemen wanted to take control from him for their own gain, so they teamed up with other ruling factions in other countries to conspire against him.

Yeah, he was brutal to his enemies, but a lot of what we were told about him was propaganda of the time, and he kept his country from being invaded by outsiders for as long as he could, so they love him in Romania.

But enough arguing about that. BACK TO NOSGOTHY STUFF.

I could definitely get behind Christopher Lee, tbh! He's super awesome and has a great voice for evil stuff!
    Too bad the movie was supposed to be about a vampire and not a historical figure. :x This whole myth about the two being in any way related needs to go away.

And Lee is 92, true...But I suspect he might also be literally immortal so that's okay. Who else has a scary deep voice?

(Jeremy Irons would be a delightful crazy Guardian. Maybe Anacrothe...)

The book was based on the historical figure, among other things. There's no way you're going to separate the two. I'd honestly love it if they would do a movie that was completely based on the historical figure, but that's probably never going to happen, so I'll take DU and roll around in it like it's piles of gold.

Peter Cullen would kind of make an amazing voice actor for someone. Don't know who, but you'd have to figure a way to separate him from Optimus "everyone's RoboDad" Prime in your head.

The book was based on the historical figure...
    Like I said, that myth needs to go away. XD

Peter Cullen would kind of make an amazing voice actor for someone. Don't know who, but you'd have to figure a way to separate him from Optimus "everyone's RoboDad" Prime in your head.
    And if he's a voice actor worth anything, he can do voices other than Optimus. Problem solved. :P

We'll just have to definitely agree to disagree regarding Dracula. /shrugs/

And he's definitely able to do lots of voices. He was Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh among other things. He's been one of the most prolific voice actors in the industry. :>

R.I.P Sir Christopher Lee

You know, I would be lying if I didn't have a momentary thought about this when I heard he'd died. :C So sad, he was such an awesome dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last