Thread: Tobanga (Totem Pole)

Tobanga (Totem Pole)

Tobanga is a language spoken in the country of Chad in Africa. I can't see a college student naming it for that reason.
    The only other thing I can think of is innuendo, "To Bang A". But that doesn't seem right either.

signature image

The game never says a college student named it that. I kind of doubt it has any significance anyway.
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 19th Mar 2015 at 03:39.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

It has to have some significance. The developer spent time and money making it, and Maxine comments on it.

You're right about the naming of it. We don't know who named it.

Now that I think of it, there are references in the game about the Native Americans. Maybe they will play a larger role in the story ahead? Maybe it will explain Maxine's time power?
    signature image

The science teacher: Ms Grant, mentioned in her conversation with Max that the region has a power. She also has local knowledge about the past and its indigenous people - this could well tie in with the origin of the totem pole. But having said that, it may well turn out to be a red herring?
    Last edited by julietxjules; 20th Mar 2015 at 19:57.
    signature image

Good point, Juliet. You mentioned "region has a power". I think this pole is a clue. We'll know more in a few days!
    signature image

I think if anything it does have something to do with the Indians. But outside of that I'm still not convinced it's important (just because they gave Max a 5-10 second voiceover for it doesn't mean there's anything to it, by that token we're going to have major consequences for all of Max's comments about the flyers in the dorms/school).
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Its always making me think of Boy Meets world.

Death animals are gathered by Samuel and buried near the Tobanga. He tells about it in ep4.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    Death animals are gathered by Samuel and buried near the Tobanga. He tells about it in ep4.
    Another detail I missed in my first run through the game.