Thread: Wait, so WHEN does Kefka start controlling Terra?

Wait, so WHEN does Kefka start controlling Terra?

This just came to me, so I wanted to type it out while I still had it on my mind.

(Also, I only played the PS1 port, so I dunno if the GBA version had more info...)

We know that Kefka puts that slave crown on Terra and that she's under his control at the start of the game, but what I want to know is when he actually began to control her? Because I was under the assumption she was raised by Gestahl, and I assumed she would already be fighting in the Empire's name anyways. I didn't understand why Kefka even had her under his control if she was following Gestahl's orders.

Like, I get that Kefka had his own agenda, but I don't really understad why he needed to control her. In the beginning, whatever Gestahl was doing fell in-line with what Kefka wanted, so there was no need to just control Terra for the heck of it, you know?

Someone want to point the obvious thing I'm missing here? xD

Terra abhorred fighting, and really didn't want to do it at all. She just wanted to live a peaceful life, so that's probably why they needed to control her. As for when, I have no clue. Terra is fairly young and the mission at the beginning of FFVI seemed to me like her first assignment, so I wouldn't think it was too far before the game started.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the response ^^

I recall there being flashbacks of her destroying things in that Magitek Armour, so I guess she's done at least one mission before Narshe...

I wonder how much Celes knew...Or was Terra being mind-controlled just between Kefka and Gestahl?

Originally Posted by new_tradition
    This just came to me, so I wanted to type it out while I still had it on my mind.

(Also, I only played the PS1 port, so I dunno if the GBA version had more info...)

We know that Kefka puts that slave crown on Terra and that she's under his control at the start of the game, but what I want to know is when he actually began to control her? Because I was under the assumption she was raised by Gestahl, and I assumed she would already be fighting in the Empire's name anyways. I didn't understand why Kefka even had her under his control if she was following Gestahl's orders.

Like, I get that Kefka had his own agenda, but I don't really understad why he needed to control her. In the beginning, whatever Gestahl was doing fell in-line with what Kefka wanted, so there was no need to just control Terra for the heck of it, you know?

Someone want to point the obvious thing I'm missing here? xD

My guess is, Kefka started to control Terra after he went crazy. Remember, he was once a normal man who was driven insane through the process of infusing Esper powers into humans before the treatment was perfected. My guess is, sometime after that, he was put in charge of developing Terra was his personal "war doll".

Looking forward to the announcement of a localisation for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for English-speaking countries.