Thread: Chrysalis: A Journal Mystery

Chrysalis: A Journal Mystery

I think that I have tired poor Max out with the amount of times I have now played through "Chrysalis."

I have explored every possible scenario within the closed confines of this episode, and given the rather long waiting time until episode 2 is finally unleashed upon my insatiable hunger for this game, it has given me lots of thinking time - too much in fact - and my curiosity has now turned toward Max's journal, namely, the page which has pictures of all the people she has interacted with.

At this point it would be so much easier for me to be able to upload a relevant picture of the page in question from my pc, but it seems that this is not allowed on this forum, and as I can't find an example of said picture on the web, a certain degree of imagination is required by the reader to visualise what I am referring to. But I am sure that everyone reading this that has played the game will know for sure what I am talking about.

As an after thought - maybe someone else will find an image of the page itself and post it here for me, but as I have already mentioned - I can't find one.

. . .Ok. Let's get back on topic.

In each instance on completing the game I find, when looking at the journal, that there are 2 empty slots on the right-hand side that have yet to be filled with a photograph. Unless I have missed something huge or the game is bugging out then this will be the same for everyone else who has completed the first episode. Now, speculation as to who they are is an open shop, but will they be revealed to us in episode 2? Right now, as I see it, there are only two other people that we know of but haven't yet met in episode 1: they are Chloe's mum and, the owner of the RV (the dusty one Max writes on) which is in the school car park. The only other known possibilities are Max's parents but I don't think they will feature in actual game time outside of being seen as a user image on Max's phone when either of them contacts her.

So who are they?

Would one of them turn out to be Rachel Amber? Perhaps not at this early stage.

I just wish they would hurry up with the release of episode 2 and remove all this stomach tingling ambiguity, at least then we would know for sure.

Also, we have learned that Dontnod have won this curious award for best plot twist, so is this in itself a clue? A clue that maybe someone is set to make an appearance in episode 2 that will upset the apple cart?

"Beware the ides of March!"
    Last edited by julietxjules; 20th Apr 2015 at 18:25.

Signature test.
    signature image

Rachel already has a slot.

I definitely think one will be the guy in the RV, because if you look at the "episode select" screen, there are pictures for each episode, and one of the pictures for a later episode is the RV.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chloe's mom was the other, though I couldn't say I feel strongly about it.

Of course Rachel has a slot, how on earth did I forget that? Thanks for pointing that out.

And I agree, the owner of the RV is a strong contender. We get to meet Joyce in the next episode so maybe Max will include her in the journal, but as part 2 features the local town ( yes, I watched the spoiler) it could be anybody.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 14th Mar 2015 at 20:40.
    signature image

All will be revealed soon (sorry I was trying to sound mysterious...did it work?)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBlows View Post
    All will be revealed soon (sorry I was trying to sound mysterious...did it work?)
    Mwah ha ha ha harrr!

Yes it did
    signature image