Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: “Capture The Body” Alpha Tests THIS WEEKEND

“Capture The Body” Alpha Tests THIS WEEKEND

“Capture The Body” Alpha Tests THIS WEEKEND

Good news, everyone! As we recently mentioned in our “State Of Play” blog, we have a new game mode coming up for Nosgoth, currently code-named “Capture The Body”. This mode is currently still in development, but we wanted to give you all the opportunity to try it out early in some Alpha tests, and help shape it. Over the course of this weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), the mode will be enabled for some limited-time play tests. We encourage everyone to submit feedback to us through our survey form, the link for which will be shared on Friday when the first session goes live.

The first Alpha tests for the “Capture The Body” mode will take place on Friday (March 13th), Saturday (March 14th) and Sunday (March 15th). We will have two sessions per day (both lasting 2 hours), at the following times. Check the handy link to check exactly what time that’ll be in your own time zone:

As the current working title (“Capture The Body”) suggests, it works similarly to flag capture modes you may have played in other games.

The Human Prophets have poisoned a series of corpses, essentially making them ‘dirty bombs’ capable of affecting Vampires with the toxic effects of the Black Blood. Even close proximity to them will slow and weaken a Vampire. Only by purifying these bodies in mystical circles can this threat be removed.

You’ll continue to fight in teams of 4 versus 4, where the Vampire team have to drag the body to a designated spot on the map. Doing so results in a “capture” for that team. The Human team, of course, must do everything they can to prevent the Vampires from getting that body to the capture zone. After finishing the round, you’ll switch sides.

The mode is a work-in-progress, so sharing your feedback through our survey will be essential. While this mode will go through a few changes, here are a few important things to note:

• The mode is available (at the specified times) for players level 5 and over
    • Vampires must drag the infected body to the capture point to purify it, and complete their objective
    • Once that has been done, a new body will appear on the map
    • The body will expire and then explode, killing anyone around it, if the vampires are not dragging it. Note the effects are not all finalised at this time
    • The game will go into Last Stand after the time expires, where vampires will have a chance to capture the body with an accelerated body expiration speed, and no replenishment of this time
    • Last Stand will not activate on the 2nd round if vampires cannot win the game

And finally, as a bonus for helping us with these Alpha tests, we’re giving out a special free reward! Anyone that plays and completes 3 matches on this new mode (over the course of the weekend) will receive this exclusive Player Banner on Monday (March 16th). This will be the only way you can earn this free reward banner, so don't miss out!

UPDATE: This banner will be given out during Monday, March 16th

We look forward to seeing you all in-game over the course of the weekend.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 16th Mar 2015 at 12:31.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Ok. As my first time hearing this, it is interesting to see a game mode that puts has the vampires with the objective. Looking forward to trying it out.

Just letting you know, the links for the event time is giving an error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@pagodabox.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

But anywho, worldtimebuddy is pretty handy for time zone check

The first Alpha tests for the “Capture The Body” mode will take place on Friday (March 13th), Saturday (March 14th) and Sunday (March 15th). We will have two sessions per day (both lasting 2 hours), at the following times. Check the handy link to check exactly what time that’ll be in your own time zone:

From 7 to 9pm GMT
    From 7 to 9pm PST
    Is the PST one correct or the GMT one?
    I am going to assume the PST one from 10 pm to 12 am EST.

These are two different sessions.

I appreciate events as much as the next guy, but is there a reason the time windows have to be so short? I already know I probably won't be able to get in on saturday and friday may or may not work for me as well, because well, it's weekend and evening, time where people like to do RL stuff.

The motives for the vamp side (as per the blog) make little sense. Why bother purifying corpses? Just kill a fresh one. But I do love capture-the-flag...

This playlist is currently disabled. Did I miscalculate the time?

Nevermind - queued in pool :]

Shaping up to be a fun 2 hours of queuing.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The motives for the vamp side (as per the blog) make little sense. Why bother purifying corpses? Just kill a fresh one. But I do love capture-the-flag...
    Apparantly, they're too hazardous for the vampires to leave just lying around.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

First, my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043563134/
    So I have played my 3 games of CTB, and can definitely say that this game mode i a lot tougher than flashpoint

One issue I find with it is the respawn areas, I was draging the body along and the humans all respawned in front of me.
    Another issue I have, and one thats a cheap move by the humans, is that they can spam their AoE abilities and lock down an entire area, so no vampire can get the body. The biggest nightmare is when every one goes alchemist and scout armed with poison cloud, light bomb, and volley and stops everyone from getting the body.

My only idea to balance this out is to put in class limitations, so no more alchemist armies.

Fix spawns, make dragging a body not as much visable to human, right now you can see position of body to much. Humans have great advantage in this mode couse there are almost all the time 1 vampire at the body so it leaves 3v4 + the vampire who drags the body is so slow and exposed making him shooting target.

I absolutely loved this mode.

I played 3 rounds and it was great. Everyone was also commenting on how good the game mode was. I really liked it.

Now, I do agree with the spawn problem. Sometimes, as a human and a vampire, I would spawn right back into battle, which is a problem.

I would also suggest way more body and control points. The bodies spawn at the same time, in the same order, every time. And there is only 3 points per map. Which means you can easily memorize that. I would like to see more random points.

Soooo... I played a lot of Capture The Body now and I got one big question:
    Does the death's in Capture The Body count in our normal profile xD ?

Because if so I just went from a 1.4 KDR to a negativ one xDDD

I mean noone cares about staying alive and with the ridiculous fast spawns u dont have to xD
    50k dmg seems normal now xDDDD

But it's rly fun and quite refreshing because of it's chaotic touch^^
    signature image

why the 2 hour windows and not the entire weekend?
    IGN:bobo

The mode its fun:

Things to fix:
    - Humans spawn, they spawn too close from the body.
    - Humans can know where is the body all the time, maybe can be better with a limit range to know where is, like Counter-Strike: source® the Counter-terrorist don't know where is the bomb until it's on their point of view.
    - The body looks like an humans dead body, should be a vampire, the vampire is "sick" and moaning of pain, the vampire will be OK if arrive to the point of purifing.

Sorry, English isn't my mother language, I tried my best and google traslator Scks
    signature image
    Que la guerra solo exista en los videojuegos...

I absolutely love this game mode. the freedom of actually being offensive as human is wonderful and vamps as defensive. Sure the locking down the corpse with aoes can be annoying but killing the humans swiftly does at least give the opportunity to drag the bodies and stall the timer on it from dropping anymore.
    I`ve already played like 3-4 games and i just wanted to ask : do you get the banner if you WIN 3 games or just simply play 3 games of the game mode cause if its only if you win 3 games then tomorrow the big pants are on (i have a thing for items that can only be obtained in a certain time period and no more for eternity)

Originally Posted by Shikei001
    Soooo... I played a lot of Capture The Body now and I got one big question:
    Does the death's in Capture The Body count in our normal profile xD ?

Because if so I just went from a 1.4 KDR to a negativ one xDDD

I mean noone cares about staying alive and with the ridiculous fast spawns u dont have to xD
    50k dmg seems normal now xDDDD

But it's rly fun and quite refreshing because of it's chaotic touch^^
    Stats are not tracked for the mode at this time for this reason.

Loving this mode so far! It seems really fun, I was kinda unsure how it'd be but yeah great job! I can see though team communication is really required in this one.

I'm digging playing "the wall" between the human shooting and a mate dragging the body

Originally Posted by lastnewbie
    The mode its fun:

Things to fix:
    - Humans can know where is the body all the time, maybe can be better with a limit range to know where is, like Counter-Strike: source® the Counter-terrorist don't know where is the bomb until it's on their point of view.
    - The body looks like an humans dead body, should be a vampire, the vampire is "sick" and moaning of pain, the vampire will be OK if arrive to the point of purifing.
    In this I agree with you.

Hi! Decided to leave a small feedback on the new regime, and the game in general.

At this stage of the development of the game I have mostly positive emotions. Nevertheless, i think the game need more maps and game modes, so to speak coop game modes where killing an opponent is not the main goal. Ideally I would like game mode for example like in Left 4 Dead, where are team of the people needs to reach from point A to point B, along the way by performing certain tasks and fend off an opponent. I am sure that you can implement something similar on large maps, maybe with a little story... But, as I said - it is ideal.(I mean this game mode, not l4d) )

With regard to the new game mode, I'm certainly glad. Adds some variety to the game and all 2 hours passed by so quickly, and it was fun.)
    I also want to offer add a bonus XP for all vampires when someone from the team drags the body. For example half the XP, that gets vampire, who drags the body, since the others at this time trying every way to protect him and deserve award

I wish you good luck in creating a new interesting content as well as, that your quite an interesting game never became a "pay-to-win" game. Aim for quality - and anyway you will get support.

And sorry for my bad english)

Regards
    Last edited by k0-lRaXl; 13th Mar 2015 at 23:52.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Apparantly, they're too hazardous for the vampires to leave just lying around.
    Hazardous to what? Vampires? Keep away. The land overall? Stupid of humans to do that.

Hazardous to what? Vampires? Keep away. The land overall? Stupid of humans to do that.
    Some stupid vampire might come along and eat them and then that's all shades of bad with the whole weakening and having to eat and well generally feeling like they've got the germs...not forgetting the whole corpse bombs which you know just walking along the street minding your own business and some random corpse blows up in your face that's like ewww

The blog doesn't state this explicitly, but the intended use of those "dirty bombs" most likely is not just having them lie around somewhere. They will probably try to spread the effects of the black blood somehow, at which point it will be much harder for the vamps to fight it.

In any case, the mode was designed in this way to provide an interesting gameplay element, which it does, so IMO it's ok for an intricate justification in the lore to follow at a later date.

Okay, this was Fun yersterday, but were is the "SURVEY" you did mention ?

Originally I disliked this mode. But today, only my 2nd match I loved it! The chaos, the quick and close spawning points! There's never a dull moment in this mode ! One thing I would change is some kind of cue to let ppl know the corpse is about to explode. I've died twice to that..

Page 1 of 2 12 Last