Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last

Thread: Teasers, including 2 new Classes!

Teasers, including 2 new Classes!

Teasers, including 2 new Classes!

So with the all new mighty patch that came with some matchmaking fixes, a massive UI overhaul which I love, there was one thing a lot of people have already missed probably. You remember that "Coming soon" window that used to be pretty big? It's a lot smaller now, but after letting it roll for a bit I saw something.

What does this mean? It means WHY THE HECK AREN'T WE DISCUSSING THIS ALREADY OH MY GOD AAAAH.

Also that would be a Female vampire, people. And a human with a shield, by the looks of it. Melee human, hmm?

Here were the other teasers: http://imgur.com/a/YxU21

The important one has already been shown and cropped for everyones convenience.

NOW GET TALKING PEOPLE I WANT TO SEE SOME TASTY DISCUSSIONS.

The appearance of the female leads me to believe she's a spell caster. Even in shadow her design looks great!

From the looks of it the male seems to be holding a sickle.

This is great!
    I love how the outline of both of them look. I agree with Nomz that the female look like a spell caster. So maybe she will not be melee as the human look like he is melee.As it look to me like he has a sickle and shield.
    Last edited by OverLordofOnis; 5th Aug 2014 at 10:24.

Human looks like a cleric, monk or cultist to me. I am hoping it is a human melee fighter but it might be some shamanistic, clericy buffer thing.

Well the female vampire to me looks like Melchahim she looks more like a caster I mean the Rahabim don't strike me as a clan that would wear extravigant clothing like that considering what they are normally doing. The outline style to me looks like something a melchahim would wear.

The human? Calling it now shield and shotgun, or Shield and pistol I think both of them is going to provide something that both side's need.

The vampires need more AOE and the humans need a frontliner.

Ooooh man this is exciting. Nice silhouettes, still leave a lot of guesswork :P the lady looks like she's very thin, perhaps almost a malnourished look, and she's wearing a mask, so I guess she is a Melchahim. They did say that the Rahabim are proving more difficult to work with anyway. Nothing about this image makes her look like she'll be horribly decaying but if they reveal the model and she has stitches everywhere I'll be very impressed.

A human with a shield! What do you think the weapon is? It does look a bit like a sickle but (as two of my friends said right off the bat) it also looks like a small crossbow. Not sure how he's holding the weapon or what it would look like without him gripping it.

Great sucess

If she's a Melchahim, she can pass trought walls, for sure.

And the human class... it can't be melee. This game was announced has "Melee VS Ranged", so I think the guy is like a Pavesian archer, or something like that.

(click image to enlarge)

I've been hoping this would show up soon! I thought we'd be getting one silhouette, not two (like in the case with the Deceiver and the Prophet), so I'm pleasantly surprised.

As far as first impressions go, I'd have to say I'm quite confident that the vampire is Melchahim, not Rahabim (looks like the Rahabim are the unlucky clan that won't be around until after the game is released, unless I'm wrong that is). I'm guessing some kind of spellcaster, which makes sense since the Melchahim practiced blood magic. I don't know how I feel about another mask/headdress thing though. I like the vampires better when their heads/faces are uncovered. This one really reminds me of the Deceiver. She seems to have most, if not all, of her skin covered, so maybe she's trying to hide all of her hideous stitches.

The human guy reminds me of ninja turtles (thanks to the head band). I expected to see a human with a shield sometime soon because of the concept art that shows a human with a shield, though I'm not sure what his weapon would be. I'm guessing a close-range weapon (not melee) with a similar attack to a shotgun (though hopefully not an actual shotgun, the game is better off without guns imo). It looks like you can see his ear, so maybe we'll get a human with his face exposed finally. I wonder how he's connected to the main series though.
    Last edited by Gugulug5000; 5th Aug 2014 at 00:35.

It looks like a crossbow in the human's hand to me. It's only showing one half of the bow but it makes perfect sense for him to be a Pavise/Crossbow wielder. What effect its going to have I do not know, since they're primarily for defense against enemy archers, which vampires obviously do not have. Perhaps he will have defensive abilities, like planting the shield in the ground reduces damage taken by friendlies in a radius or some such.

Thumbs Up

The human has a cross bow it might be cluster shot wich would make it like a shotgun + cool find thanks for shareing

I agree the looks too thin and decrepit to be Rahabim, so definitely Melcahim. Also I am mildly disappointed to see the towering headdress, since I'm not really a fan of the vampire's taste in headgear. The flowing tails on the robe look cool, and makes me wonder if they are meant to be levitating.

The humans looks interesting, and befuddling to me. I can see the argument for a hand crossbow, but to the curve just looks far to sharp. Perhaps it is something like the claws of hades from God of War, which are sickle like weapons attached to long chains.

With that in mind some interesting techniques and skills become available such as snaring vampires, sweeping attacks that cover large horizontal or vertical arcs. The Shield also suggests a blocking mechanic, or at least a higher defense, which might just be worked in as a higher health pool. I'm also drawn to the tails coming off his head which make me think Teenage mutant ninja turtles masks.

All in all very excited to see how these turn out, and I am excited to see some real curve balls in gameplay with these classes, since I think both classes are stagnating with how similar the classes in each faction play.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

melchiahim* not melchahim

Originally Posted by NickTsiou
    melchiahim* not melchahim
    Melchahim*, not Melchiahim.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Perhaps splitting hairs, but every official source thus far has spelt it "Melchahim"
    Edit: Okay, Aevum beat me to it
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Can't really tell much from the silhouette of the new vampire, but I can't wait to see what she's all about.

As for the human, seems like almost everybody thinks he has a shield (I also thought this). But then I though, what if it's a giant Hand Cannon and the thing in his right hand is for reloading/arming the damn thing? Probably not. But what about the spear throwing class hinted at along time ago. Maybe the thing in his right hand is some steam-punk-ish Atlatl and he's just carrying a big old case of spears in the other hand?

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    Can't really tell much from the silhouette of the new vampire, but I can't wait to see what she's all about.

As for the human, seems like almost everybody thinks he has a shield (I also thought this). But then I though, what if it's a giant Hand Cannon and the thing in his right hand is for reloading/arming the damn thing? Probably not. But what about the spear throwing class hinted at along time ago. Maybe the thing in his right hand is some steam-punk-ish Atlatl and he's just carrying a big old case of spears in the other hand?
    No you will not ruin my dreams of a whip-sickle human class. I refuse it!

I will say that the vampire looks Melchahim to me and that is the one I am wanting; but I am not gonna say it is Melchahim, until the veil comes down and I can see for sure.

The human looks like it will be fun, there isn't much else that mass on his left arm could be except a shield. As for the weapon in the right hand, the blade coming down does look like a sickle; but the stock looks thick enough to accommodate a projectile launcher of some kind as well. I will agree that it is likely to be a hand cannon IMO.

They were the first step towards the development of firearms and, since firearms have been introduced through the Prophets as existing in this universe, they have to start somewhere.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I will say that the vampire looks Melchahim to me and that is the one I am wanting; but I am not gonna say it is Melchahim, until the veil comes down and I can see for sure.

The human looks like it will be fun, there isn't much else that mass on his left arm could be except a shield. As for the weapon in the right hand, the blade coming down does look like a sickle; but the stock looks thick enough to accommodate a projectile launcher of some kind as well. I will agree that it is likely to be a hand cannon IMO.

They were the first step towards the development of firearms and, since firearms have been introduced through the Prophets as existing in this universe, they have to start somewhere.
    That ugly thing Drakul the impaler used? Blegh. No gusta. Whip-sickle fantasies will continue.

Yeah I might of geeked-out just a little bit last night when I noticed these!
    Shield and hooky throwy thing ftw…and can’t wait to see what the Mel looks like…actually both of them. yay new classes woohoo!

If the human is a melee class, there is literally no excuse for the Turelim not having telekinetic projectiles. Even it it has to be the two classes per clan thing. It would be a blatant double standard.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

After reading some comments. I feel like I'm the only one that like headdress in this game.

As for the human. I like some of the idea people come up with so he be range. I really hope the whip idea is true as that be a dream for me as well.That said some thing that work like a shotgun will all so work out great for me.

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Well it is not my mother tongue but since it is spelled Melchiah wouldn't his clan be called Melchiahim? I think I had also seen Raina correcting some one about it as well....

Originally Posted by NickTsiou
    Well it is not my mother tongue but since it is spelled Melchiah wouldn't his clan be called Melchiahim? I think I had also seen Raina correcting some one about it as well....
    Yeah, I was. This has nothing to do with your mother tongue, but with the knowledge of the lore. The correct spelling is Melchahim (page 26).
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 5th Aug 2014 at 13:12.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last