Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Teasers, including 2 new Classes!

Teasers, including 2 new Classes!

Almost everyone is saying that this is Melchahim, even I thought so at first; but now, after looking closer at it and comparing it to what we saw in Soul Reaver, I am not so sure. Some have said that the Rahabim wouldn't be adorned in such clothing; but they were described by Cabuco as Explores, Special Forces, and Artisans. This could be the silhouette of a Melchahim; but this could also, just as easily, be of a Rahabim.

Last edited by GenFeelGood; 6th Aug 2014 at 20:39.

The human is not holding a shield - he is holding a coffin. The sickle is used for opening the coffin, which is going to shoot out pointy skeletons.

Obviously.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Oh, we are? Hmm...
    Part of me deeply and greatly, yet playfully, hate you when you pull stuff like this guys.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Oh, we are? Hmm...
    Glad to hear it. There are enough character skins with masks in this game already!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Part of me deeply and greatly, yet playfully, hate you when you pull stuff like this guys.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Almost everyone is saying that this is Melchahim, even I thought so at first; but now, after looking closer at it and comparing it to what we saw in Soul Reaver, I am not so sure. Some have said that the Rahabim wouldn't be adorned in such clothing; but they were described by Cabuco as Explores, Special Forces, and Artisans. This could be the silhouette of a Melchahim; but this could also, just as easily, be of a Rahabim.

Yeah but here is the thing considering the Rahabim expertise and what they normally spend their time doing that outfit does not match up. Its still up in the air what clan it is but she looks waaay too thin to be a Rahabim and being special forces and their exprimentation with water and they like exploring I don't see how they can be be wearing something so cumbersome like that.

Plus honestly I can't see a Rahabim wearing a head dress like that it looks to magey/priestly. Plus their artistry of the Rahabim I think is represented in their Tattoo's than what they wear personally.

Yes I am going there as well they are wearing too much clothes going by the silhouette to be Rahabim in my opinion. They would wear something more sleek I think. Considering how covered up she is and the Melchahim are well known to be vain I could only see them wearing something so ornate going by the silhouette. I think it could be either way but I am leaning on Melchahim.

Still I will be suprised and sad if it is Rahabim.
    Last edited by shinros; 7th Aug 2014 at 05:17.

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    That's... that's not a mask? Does she have some sort of Elvira poof with ornaments? Color me intrigued.
    I'm guessing it's a helmet or headdress that doesn't obscure the face.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I'm guessing it's a helmet or headdress that doesn't obscure the face.
    I think you're spot on with the headdress.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

So I was looking through the concept art on the webpage and noticed something interesting in the third image (also found at the bottom of this post). There are two figure who seem to greatly resemble the upcoming classes. There is what appears to be a female vampire that looks just like the one we'll be getting, and a handful of humans; one with a shield, and another with two kamas (mini scythe things). Just pointing it out, speculate what you will.

EDIT: The two Kamas appear to be connected by a chain, a technique also seen in Ninja Gaiden, so maybe we'll be seeing the new class playing like Kratos from God of War: short range, with quite a bit of reach, but not quite melee. Also according to wikipedia (for Kama), it mentions that Kama are frequently used by Monks in D&D. Whether that's relevant, I don't know, but it is interesting, seeing as some people have guessed that he could be a monk. A kusari-gama is basically just a kama on a chain (check it out on google images), and I'm becoming more and more convinced that is what the new class will use.

Another interesting thing: in the list of Nosogth achievements there is one titled 'Get Over Here,' an obvious reference to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. It would make sense to me if that achievement were related to a class that uses a weapon on a chain, and I can't think of how that achievement would really be relevant any other way (maybe the new class will have a move that pulls a vampire to him, and then does a shield bash to knock them back).

Last edited by Gugulug5000; 8th Aug 2014 at 04:52.

Is that a female with a missing leg on the right? It matches the silouette of the new female vamp, so perhaps melchiahim can lose limbs. Also, the sickles/scythes the males are holding do appear to be on chains.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Is that a female with a missing leg on the right? It matches the silouette of the new female vamp, so perhaps melchiahim can lose limbs. Also, the sickles/scythes the males are holding do appear to be on chains.
    She is in running pose with her leg bent backwards not "missing leg". Also even during SR1 Melchia vamps were not falling apart even after Razile's beatings. They are weakest and most rotten but not THAT bad.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 8th Aug 2014 at 15:26. Reason: Avoid Targeting Individuals

Originally Posted by Derakus
    She is in running pose with her leg bent backwards not "missing leg". Also even during SR1 Melchia vamps were not falling apart even after Razile's beatings. They are weakest and most rotten but not THAT bad.
    I meant from damage in battle, not from rotting. LOL. The whole reason they rot later on is they don't heal the same as the other clans.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 8th Aug 2014 at 15:26.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

As I said - they were not falling apart even after Blue Raziel mauled them with his claws or spears. And those were degraded ones few 1000 years from Nosgoth battles. Current should be in even better shape - so they would be dismembered like any other clan - when killed with explosions.

They were rotten and had to replace skin once in a while, but they were not faliing apart or more fragile then humans.

I am wondering when any of these will happen? Of course mostly with the new characters but I fear the weapon crafting and the eSports most of all of the announcements.

How can we have eSports/Blood sports if we cant even stop a game from going unbalanced by someone quitting a match?
    Also just where will weapon crafting take us. I like the basic weapons we have with the occasional rewards being balances uncommon and rares.

Originally Posted by Cristari
    I am wondering when any of these will happen? Of course mostly with the new characters but I fear the weapon crafting and the eSports most of all of the announcements.

How can we have eSports/Blood sports if we cant even stop a game from going unbalanced by someone quitting a match?
    Also just where will weapon crafting take us. I like the basic weapons we have with the occasional rewards being balances uncommon and rares.
    Yeah i agree with you, i'm especially afraid of crafting weapons/enchanting weapons. The current system is fair, but a system where you can spend gold/money/ressources to craft will not be equal, and with the HUGE bonus on some weapons this can mess up the game balance.

For Esports i guess they plan to punish leavers, in an official gamemode this would be legit (only here) to prevent problems, but yeah the game is not perfect yet, so i wonder about this too

Originally Posted by Voxyld
    Yeah i agree with you, i'm especially afraid of crafting weapons/enchanting weapons. The current system is fair, but a system where you can spend gold/money/ressources to craft will not be equal, and with the HUGE bonus on some weapons this can mess up the game balance.

For Esports i guess they plan to punish leavers, in an official gamemode this would be legit (only here) to prevent problems, but yeah the game is not perfect yet, so i wonder about this too
    They're not going to make it so you can power up weapons, because that would be pay to win. It would probably be like you have a set number of points and you lose points for every pro you add to the weapon and gain some back for every con. Then it's just a case of not being overdrawn; i.e. having a negative number.

Originally Posted by Derakus
    As I said - they were not falling apart even after Blue Raziel mauled them with his claws or spears. And those were degraded ones few 1000 years from Nosgoth battles. Current should be in even better shape - so they would be dismembered like any other clan - when killed with explosions.

They were rotten and had to replace skin once in a while, but they were not faliing apart or more fragile then humans.
    Yeah even then in the soul reaver era they could still regenerate like the other clans I assume when they replace their skin it becomes a part of their body likes its their own.

Daniel on his forums said the Melchiah soon found out he can shape his body however he wants to with the skin of others.

Originally Posted by Voxyld
    It is not gonna be without limitation, for every perk you equip it will have a corresponding penalty, just like it is now with the uncommon/rare weapons in the game. I am pretty sure when it comes to customizing they will only accept gold, because then it would be pay to win; but, even if they do, its not like it wouldn't be possible for someone who doesn't want to spend to get the same equipment, it just means it won't come as quickly.

No matter how much I like Melchahim we can't ignore the possibility of the female vampire being Rahabim I say does anyone have any guesses going by the silhouette that may link to her being a part of the Rahabim? I mean who knows we might get a surprise and maybe wrong that she is from the Melchahim. (Eric please I hope its Melchahim I want to wear my avatar with pride. XD)

Originally Posted by shinros
    No matter how much I like Melchahim we can't ignore the possibility of the female vampire being Rahabim I say does anyone have any guesses going by the silhouette that may link to her being a part of the Rahabim? I mean who knows we might get a surprise and maybe wrong that she is from the Melchahim. (Eric please I hope its Melchahim I want to wear my avatar with pride. XD)
    Well one thing that hasn't been done yet, is looking at Khalith's game files to see what fits better with what is left. I removed those that have already been assigned to another class.

Ability_Multitrap
    Ability_Teleport
    Armor_SneakHuman 2-5
    SummonVampire_ARC
    SummonHuman_ARC
    Weapon_Barrage
    Weapon_PoisonDart
    Weapon_PoisonShot
    Weapon_SlowTar
    Weapon_Snare
    Weapon_SnarePoison

when do u think the new classes will be released?

^

i just cant wait anymore . and do you think lvl 25's and higher will get the class unlock artifacts they missed at lvl 25 and 30?

I think it's Rahabim.

There's no limp-like way of a weak-clan Melchahim showing. They're not likely to have fancy apparel since they may be least privileged and least renowned, etc....

As for a slight re-evaluation of Melchahim, in respect of promoting the clan, maybe they have distinctive resilience to death (showed somehow in gameplay mechanics). Almost zombie-like since they act that way.
    Melchahim will be in Nosgoth.
    Last edited by Tikuto; 10th Aug 2014 at 18:52.
    Raziel the Wraith; the time paradoxical; reborn by the Elder God; the Soul of the Reaver;
    the Firstborne lieutenant of Kain's ambition: http://tinyurl.com/mlqukrw

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Well one thing that hasn't been done yet, is looking at Khalith's game files to see what fits better with what is left. I removed those that have already been assigned to another class.

Ability_Multitrap
    Ability_Teleport
    Armor_SneakHuman 2-5
    SummonVampire_ARC
    SummonHuman_ARC
    Weapon_Barrage
    Weapon_PoisonDart
    Weapon_PoisonShot
    Weapon_SlowTar
    Weapon_Snare
    Weapon_SnarePoison
    teleport isnt shadowstep? hmmm
    signature image

Originally Posted by Tikuto
    I think it's Rahabim.

There's no limp-like way of a weak-clan Melchahim showing. They're not likely to have fancy apparel since they may be least privileged and least renowned, etc....

As for a slight re-evaluation of Melchahim, in respect of promoting the clan, maybe they have distinctive resilience to death (showed somehow in gameplay mechanics). Almost zombie-like since they act that way.
    Melchahim will be in Nosgoth.
    Er Melchahim is the clan that would wear fancy apparel and the most clothes(to hide some of their stitches) since they are well known to be the most vain out of the vampire clans.

You have to remember this is 1000 years in the past before the clans starting devolving I suspect they don't walk like a limp yet. Remember they are still physically stronger than humans they are the weakest vampire clan when it comes to phyiscal strength. Looking at those files I still looks to go either way.

If we assume any of those skills belong to the female vampire.

I can see Rahabim using poisons because well the whole poison spit thing but we cannot ignore the Melchahim are also scientists so using poison's etc to make up for their physical weakness makes sense as well. Plus Rahabim teleporting? if that is one of the female's vampire abilities? I don't see how teleporting would work and I suspect that its not a human ability.

Er yeah.. I think that might be the Melchahim ground borrow which is like teleporting since its said they are actually phasing via spectral realm.

I think the new human class is carrying a coffin.

(click image to enlarge)

With a magical sniper rifle inside, obviously.

Last edited by RainaAudron; 11th Aug 2014 at 12:56. Reason: Image too large

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last