Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: How do Sentinels turn so quickly mid-Kidnap/Abduct?

How do Sentinels turn so quickly mid-Kidnap/Abduct?

Originally Posted by NightbladeStalker
    just make it so if they are using a ability and they hit a wall they hurt and knock themselves down. Same thing with Take Flight.
    Unless the flight controls are made a hell of a lot more responsive and easier to control, this would make sentinels nearly impossible to play effectively by the average player. They have a fairly decent skill ceiling already as it is.

^^ This, pretty much. They have a huge learning curve compared to the other classes as it is. Not whining or complaining about it, just saying.

I think a small animation adjustment and tweak would work. If a sentinel flies directly at a wall they auto grip (climb mode) however they can also let go and continue flying back the direction they came. So when performed fast, it would look like a sentinel using a wall to repel in the opposite direcation. A bit like what a swimmer does when they get to one side of the pool, they use their feet to push off (fly off). This would actually mean increased agility for the sentinel but making the whole flying into a wall thing look way cooler.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    They have a huge learning curve compared to the other classes as it is.
    Only thing which makes sentinel hard to play is how to fly correctly. Pop sonic shriek into 4, get an easy grab and CONCENTRATE to land your puncture haha jk.

Sonic shriek 20s cooldown which gives u global wallhack, higher spread for humans, denies sight and sound. Meanwhile shadow bomb 25s cooldown and barely denies vision. I hope sentinel gets another nerf, atleast for sonic shriek. An ability which does so much is just silly for competitive. It shouldn't raise human spread and it shouldn't be a global wallhack at all. The vision and sound deny is already pretty strong and it would be fine if the wallhack has area radius, but global? Also they should fix sent turnrate, it's silly to roll to a side and still get grabbed because everyone turns 360° faster than prenerf tyrant. This is pretty much the most boring meta in a while, 2 sent 2 deceiver and i really can't see it anymore. Nerf sent, buff reaver so we get some variety.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    Only thing which makes sentinel hard to play is how to fly correctly. Pop sonic shriek into 4, get an easy grab and CONCENTRATE to land your puncture haha jk.

Sonic shriek 20s cooldown which gives u global wallhack, higher spread for humans, denies sight and sound. Meanwhile shadow bomb 25s cooldown and barely denies vision. I hope sentinel gets another nerf, atleast for sonic shriek. An ability which does so much is just silly for competitive. It shouldn't raise human spread and it shouldn't be a global wallhack at all. The vision and sound deny is already pretty strong and it would be fine if the wallhack has area radius, but global? Also they should fix sent turnrate, it's silly to roll to a side and still get grabbed because everyone turns 360° faster than prenerf tyrant. This is pretty much the most boring meta in a while, 2 sent 2 deceiver and i really can't see it anymore. Nerf sent, buff reaver so we get some variety.

I agree totally. The spread is even increased if shriek is used through a wall....lol

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    I think a small animation adjustment and tweak would work. If a sentinel flies directly at a wall they auto grip (climb mode) however they can also let go and continue flying back the direction they came. So when performed fast, it would look like a sentinel using a wall to repel in the opposite direcation. A bit like what a swimmer does when they get to one side of the pool, they use their feet to push off (fly off). This would actually mean increased agility for the sentinel but making the whole flying into a wall thing look way cooler.
    So much this!!

Originally Posted by kLauE187

This I can agree to. I primarily play sentinel myself, but I see no reason why shriek should have that much of an effect on humans. If I recall correctly it used to just be echo location which was only the "wallhack" thing. Being able to see the enemy silhouettes through walls is a powerful enough tool as it is.

Originally Posted by GrayPhilosophy
    Being able to see the enemy silhouettes through walls is a powerful enough tool as it is.
    The problem with the ability as it was before is that it was pretty much useless. Nobody used it because it did the exact same thing that simply looking around for a few seconds could do in maps this small, and it had the added disadvantage of taking away an important damage-dealing ability. That's why it was changed to begin with.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    The problem with the ability as it was before is that it was pretty much useless. Nobody used it because it did the exact same thing that simply looking around for a few seconds could do in maps this small, and it had the added disadvantage of taking away an important damage-dealing ability. That's why it was changed to begin with.
    I argue it's been used incorrectly then. I've been using it with great success ever since I first got it. It's true that it takes up the spot of another damage ability, but using it properly could mean getting away with the right target or finding wounded stragglers who managed to hide away.

If anything, perhaps they could keep the disorienting visuals and deafening, but get rid of the weapon spread.

I honestly never really noticed any problems with weapon spread, personally. Yeah, it disorients you for a moment when it first pops, but after you get your bearings, it doesn't really effect me all that much.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about wall bouncing.

But yeah, good sens are hard to dodge. Whenever I dodgeroll, I almost always get caught by them.

Your best bet is to just sprint and make sharp turns.

Although I think that sens running into walls while grabbing or flying is silly. You think they'd smack their face into the wall and fall over or something.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12