Thread: ability ideas for humans and vampires!

ability ideas for humans and vampires!

Lightbulb ability ideas for humans and vampires!

Got quite a few ideas for abilities for both humans and vampires. some are just random idea's that might work out or spark an idea for a good ability and some I have put decent thought into and think would really work as an ability. please give me thoughts about each one or just the few you really like if any which in turns helps the devs know which ones if any people would like to see in game or have something similar in game. Thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________

An ability for the vanguard could possibly be he drinks a potion or something that heats his blood to a point that burns vampires when they hit him with melee attacks that lasts for 5-10 seconds? also i dont know how balancing would go with this part of the idea but also have it damage any vampire that tries to feast on him for a certain amount of health while the potion is still in effect. probably have it as a secondary ability.

An ability for the vanguard could be he throws a grappling hook or sorts at a vampire and secures the chain to his belt, the hook does damage and restrains the vampire acting like a leash. vampires can not go more than a set distance away from the vanguard but can come close if they like. vanguard takes roughly a second to attach it to his belt before he can start throwing axes again and the chain breaks after.. lets say 3-4 seconds of the vampire being hooked?

another one for the vanguard could be he plants his shield into the ground which blocks 90% or more of damage and staggers or maybe knocks down any vampire that "runs" into it with force, i.e. tyrants charge, reavers leap and maybe sweeping kick, sentinels pick up abilities. also maybe have it apply this damage reduction to humans directly behind the shield if the damage comes from directly in front of the shield. the animation would take just less than a second to have the shield planted and over a second to pull it out of the ground. also have it not be able to take as much damage before you can't block anymore.
    or simply have it essentially the same except the vanguard can't move while shielding and the damage reduction only applies to himself and has even less overall "health" before you can't block anymore.
    as a rmb ability/special.

for the deceiver i was thinking for a secondary have an ability that gives him slightly increased attack speed and maybe a bit of life steal for a decent duration.

An ability for the vanguard could possibly be he drinks a potion or something that heats or poisons his blood to a point that burns vampires when they hit him with melee attacks that lasts for 5-10 seconds? also i dont know how balancing would go with this idea but also have it damage any vampire that tries to feast on him for a certain amount of health while the potion is still in effect. probably have it as a secondary instead of rousing shout.
    I guess since the alchemist is a potion wizard this might be better suited to her for lore sake, but i mean... the vanguard is the tank class.

for the deceiver i was thinking for a secondary have an ability that gives him slightly increased attack speed and maybe a bit of life steal for a decent duration.

for the summoner i was thinking for another type of summon, she summons a bird like creature that attacks and staggers humans every so often or maybe simply flies around and damages them.

another possible one for the vanguard could be he tackles a vampire and clubs it in the head with a fist once for a small to decent amount of damage. similar to shield charge but no where near the distance and no turning at all during the animation/action. just more of a want kinda suggestion. don't think it will work out as a skill overall.

just a recent thought but maybe to help the hunter live up to his name he could have an ability that lets only him see the scent trails of vampires within a certain distance but a large one. or maybe "hear" them?

another one that could work for the hunter that is similar to blatently the same as the vanguard is some kind of grappling hook skill that he shoots at vampires and it attaches to the ground where the hunter is standing and has the same effects the vanguard idea has where they can't go further away from the attachment point than a certain distance but can go closer to it and this would also stop a tyrants charge if he reached the distance where the hook would stop him but instead of staying attached it simply stops the charge and breaks.

one that could work for the tyrant could be a charge that doesn't last as long or do as much damage but carries the first person hit with him for the duration and is released normally or staggered when he stops or takes a chunk of damage if slammed into a wall. only staggers other humans hit if a human is already being "carried" for balancing maybe?

for the Sentinel as a primary ability you could have him "dive" feet or foot first in a set direction that knocks down and does a decent chunk of damage to a single target. but for balancing purposes have it be noticeable but still able to hit it on good players a decent amount of the time if your a decent player. this could not work out because of takeoff being a secondary ability which would make it a op combo possibly, if this is the case then it probably wouldn't be a bad secondary if adjusted a bit in the numbers department and easier to hit but still knocks down.

another one for the Hunter could be he uses that sword on his back in a arc infront of him which hurts, staggers and makes any vampire hit bleed or get poisoned for damage. but this would probably involve adding swords to all his skins or making it magically appear?

For the summoner i was thinking for a secondary ability she can throw down an orb that charges for a second that then creates a sphere barrier that projectiles cannot enter or leave and neither can humans. i guess the sphere would have a radius of roughly 400-500? similar to the choking haze. lasts around 2-3 seconds and has health similar to vanguards shield/guarding (rmb) but a decent amount that it won't break instantly if all the humans fire at it straight away.

The same thing as #14 but have it as a special ability (rmb) and do damage to anyone inside at the end of its life span if it doesn't get broken.

The same thing as #14 but instead of humans being unable to leave, they simply get slowed by quite a bit and take constant damage, probably a low amount per second, and are able to get in and out.
    still blocks projectiles. still a secondary ability.

______________________________________________________________________________

I have created a poll for these abilities. I have the option that you like it and possibly want to see it in the game and the opposite option that you don't want to see it in the game. because I see it as you want it, you don't really care if its there or not because its not your playstyle/class and therefore won't vote or you actually don't want it in the game for what ever reason. Please be honest with the votes and you can pick multiple choices obviously.

I don't know if the developers will give any credit to the poll or not so if you really want an ability or a similar one in the game or not in the game please reply in this thread about it, also add the appropriate number for the ability you are talking about please.
    thank you everyone!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b02d4a9ab6ce2a
    Last edited by Devase; 10th Mar 2015 at 21:45.

#1: If he heated his blood to that point, his own circulatory system would burst or melt. o_o;