Thread: A Few Things...

Question A Few Things...

I feel like I'm posting too much

Anyway

First;

I was wondering if there was any way that I could some sort of light beam effect like in Tomb Raider Legend in Peru with the purple light and boulder puzzle, I want a light effect like that, I have four objects set up that it would shine into then be redirected to the central object, is this possible? I feel like I would have to create the beam and arrange it to appear when it's triggered. I can show you what I mean if you want.

Second;

I'm still not sure about the whole cinematic thing. I want there to be an opening cinematic like in TR1 before the title menu. Can anyone explain how to do cinematics to me or give me a link to detailed cinematic tutorial?I looked in the manual and it doesn't explain it...

Thanks!

LarasShadow3286 (SEF) (RaideroftheTombs from EF)

Somewhere in the Library level there was the room with the snake switches. I think there was something like that in there.

Cinematics is a no-go in TRLE. But you can have a flyby at the beginning of the level. It is explained in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by aktrekker View Post
    Somewhere in the Library level there was the room with the snake switches. I think there was something like that in there.

Cinematics is a no-go in TRLE. But you can have a flyby at the beginning of the level. It is explained in the manual.
    Hypersquare had a cinematic so I thought it was possible...

Quote Originally Posted by LarasShadow3286 View Post
    Hypersquare had a cinematic so I thought it was possible...
    Not in TRLE. You'll have to use TRNG for that. It's an editor that's based on TRLE, but with more features.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Not in TRLE. You'll have to use TRNG for that. It's an editor that's based on TRLE, but with more features.
    I forgot to mention that I use TRNG, sorry about the confusion

EDIT:

There's a few more things I'd like to know...

1. Is it possible for Lara's outfit to change mid level? I have her in a land outfit and I want her to change into a swimsuit mid level, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

2. I tried to get patches to work on my tomb4.exe file with first TREP (which made my entire tomb4.exe unusable) and with FLEP (which also made it unusable but was able to be fixed. It changes my tomb4.exe to tomb4.exe.(something) I'm trying to do the old skool spike death and I'm also trying to add Lara's Home to title menu, which requires the extend tomb4.exe patch. Can anyone help me figure out my problem??
    Last edited by LarasShadow3286; 16th Mar 2015 at 19:33.