Thread: Patch Notes - August 4th update

Patch Notes - August 4th update

Originally Posted by peterh
    I am an old admin but i usually just doing the stuff in the background and leave communication to Cat she is better than me
    Peter! <3
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

When can I play again?
    Keep saying it's in maintenance.

Originally Posted by SilentVirtue
    1 problem, I want to que with my team mates, forcing us to split up is just stupid, all is going to happen is we are going to leave that game and re-party!

Its not my fault if people are not my level.
    Sorry buddy, it's a no-win situation, and your 4 man party getting split up is the lesser of evils right now.

Before:

Bola > Shroud.

Now:

Bola >>>>>> Shroud.

I'm not quite sure about that split up of parties though... They can easily feed to the opponent team for easy wins then if they are friends and work together. Don't like that solution at all

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Are you supposed to see the place where he is as blurry? I've noticed that only Deceiver´s Disguise makes him fully invisible with no way to tell (apart from the footstep sounds).
    Deceiver disguise also shows dust puffs on the ground where he's stepping, so you can see the footsteps.

I think the shimmer effect on Scout camo is intended, but I wonder about his arrow hanging visible in the air.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    - Shroud is now more visible than before to enemies
    I hope it's not much more visible. People can easily see me now i can't even get close to them, they can see and hear me coming. Maybe shroud should be a 'distance' skill, the closer you are the more visible you get.

I don't get reducing the Leap Attacks damage yet increasing the Sweeping Kick and reducing its cool down time. Most people use the leap attack at close range so only get the minimal damage amount. With this kick now paired with Undying Wisdom perk I can do 400 damage do a few swipes then shadow step out and come right back to do another 400 within 7 seconds.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I´ve noticed that only Deceiver´s Disguise makes him fully invisible with no way to tell (apart from the footstep sounds).
    False, actually in some maps you can also see ( you must pay attention and have good eyes) some effects due to his footsteps.
    I am thinking about when the deceiver (invisible) jump from a roof to a puddle of water and you can see the effect on his fall + hear the footsteps. Maybe i'm spouting nonsense but i think it is the case.

Originally Posted by Redlegs87
    Most people use the leap attack at close range so only get the minimal damage amount.
    False. I play enough games to know that is false. most high players can snipe you ( i mean they do it from maximal range) with leap attack and they do it, believe me.

Yeah, I know about the slight dust/puddle effects when he walks, in the heat of the battle it can be easily overlooked though.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 4th Aug 2014 at 19:14.

Some changes are interesting, but I'm happy with most of the changes.

I'm thrilled that the 3D preview that's been suggested so many times has been implemented. But how does this affect people who purchased before this patch?

Is it possible to refund runes to players that bought Skins before this update? I know certain players were disappointed with certain Skin purchases. Not necessarily because of quality, but because the back of the Skin might not be to their liking.

Matchmaking and Team Balancing
    Team Deathmatch Level Requirement
    - The primary "Team Deathmatch" Playlist now requires Rank 3 to queue up for. New players must play in "New Recruit" until they achieve that rank.
    Corey, you said it yourself a few weeks ago, that you are worried about the people possibly not finding matches could be turned off.
    In all the discussion on the forums asking for a mandatory newbie mode people talked about level caps of at least 5 or higher. Some said 10, Id personally go with even 15 . For the reason of having enough player available to both pools. The goal is to satisfy both parties.

What has changed that you now go for a possible player pool of only 3 ranks?

From my experience, last time this morning with 4 players under lv10, many players just ignore the new recruit option. If that holds true, the option for new players to gain a match at rank 3 is extremely low. Are the metrics really that different?

I really appreciate the sentiment but this sounds like it can backfire hard. Hope Im wrong though

Whats the median playtime for people to reach lv3 and 10?
    Last edited by FireWorks_; 4th Aug 2014 at 19:43. Reason: pic link

Originally Posted by Voxyld
    False. I play enough games to know that is false. most high players can snipe you ( i mean they do it from maximal range) with leap attack and they do it, believe me.
    Are you thinking of pounce attacks? Pounces w/ incapacitate are often used from long range, but I notice the leap attack is commonly used in melee battles due to immediate activation time. For this reason I don't really mind the reduction to minimum damage so much as the reduction to max damage (i.e. I think a reduction of -25 on the low end is reasonable but -72 on the high end seems excessive.)

Originally Posted by Vytaftas
    I hope it's not much more visible. People can easily see me now i can't even get close to them, they can see and hear me coming. Maybe shroud should be a 'distance' skill, the closer you are the more visible you get.
    I second this motion.

Originally Posted by xerodox
    When can I play again?
    Keep saying it's in maintenance.
    Soon

Originally Posted by FireWorks911
    What has changed that you now go for a possible player pool of only 3 ranks?

From my experience, last time this morning with 4 players under lv10, many players just ignore the new recruit option.
    Plenty of people use the New Recruit option, and if what you say is true, that means all those people who were previously ignoring the New Recruit option no longer will be. If what you say is false, then the New Recruit lobbies will continue to thrive, and new players may not be discouraged from playing the game by getting completely slaughtered in their first ever match on Team Deathmatch.

Win-win

Hi all,

Sorry about the wait, we are working on it at the moment and as soon as we're back up, I'll make another post here. Right now we're still going to be in maintenance mode.

When will the game be back up guys?

Originally Posted by Xenonetix
    Plenty of people use the New Recruit option, and if what you say is true, that means all those people who were previously ignoring the New Recruit option no longer will be. If what you say is false, then the New Recruit lobbies will continue to thrive, and new players may not be discouraged from playing the game by getting completely slaughtered in their first ever match on Team Deathmatch.

Win-win
    Xeno, I m thinking of none-primetime situations where the answer to "why dont you play recruit mode" is "noone is there" (even if obv there would if they would queue for it).

There is no issue (besides "protecting" the higher levels) when there are enough players. The tricky part comes when there are less players around.

if what you say is true, that means all those people who were previously ignoring the New Recruit option no longer will be
    Not sure where you jumped to that conlusion. Rethink it a bit...
    The people from 4-10 would still be in the Deathmatch. The 1-3 would be left alone in the smaller pool.

Loss - Loss.

Hi all,

Sorry about the wait, we are working on it at the moment and as soon as we're back up, I'll make another post here. Right now we're still going to be in maintenance mode.

Hey everyone

We're coming back online now. Please note that the party matchmaking servers aren't going to be available right away, but that we're going to be rolling these out. In the meantime, you will be able to play again.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 4th Aug 2014 at 21:41.

Estimated time?

In the meantime, you will be able to play again.
    It's still popping up a message about being under maintenance and auto-closing.

After reading this page I've learnt people can see where I'm treading and hear me as Deceiver disguise. That explains that scout today who threw his bola at me easily. Gosh I feel like a fool now xD

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    It's still popping up a message about being under maintenance and auto-closing.
    still having the same issues.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last