Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - August 4th update

Patch Notes - August 4th update

Exclamation Patch Notes - August 4th update

User Interface
    Interface Update
    - The Frontend UI has been overhauled for a cleaner, more functional experience.
    - Please report any severe bugs on the forum!
    Store
    - New, more space efficient display for better browsing
    - Weapons and Skins can now be previewed in 3D by clicking on the "Eye" icon for eligible items
    - Sales are now supported and will begin appearing soon!
    Armory
    - 3D preview is now the default view and will show your current loadout, including equipped weapons and skins.
    - Rewards for Class Leveling now shown on Class Info page.

Party System Beta Test
    New Party Server
    - We are rolling out the first pass at our new Party system backend.
    - This replaces the existing Party backend with a faster, more reliable system that should make partying up a much smoother experience.
    - This is a public BETA of the system and THERE ARE BUGS! Please report issues you encounter on the forum, and see the known issues list below. We intend to rapidly hotfix major problems with this system.

Party Balancing
    - In significantly unbalanced matches, player parties will now be split up amongst teams to achieve a better balance. This will only happen if the average rank of one team is at least 10 ranks higher than that of their opponents, and will typically only affect larger parties (3-4 people). You will be notified in lobby chat when this occurs.
    - Parties will still be kept together in all other circumstances. You will not be split up against evenly matched opponents.

Matchmaking and Team Balancing
    Team Deathmatch Level Requirement
    - The primary "Team Deathmatch" Playlist now requires Rank 3 to queue up for. New players must play in "New Recruit" until they achieve that rank.

Matchmaking Tweaks
    - While the full overhaul to Matchmaking is not ready yet, we have made a few small changes to place more emphasis on finding a match of players close to your Rank.
    - Intermission time between matches has been reduced to 30 seconds from 60.

The Fane
    Bug Fixes
    - Fixed issue preventing some abilities and other actions like Execution from functioning correctly inside the center of the map
    - Fixed miscellaneous collision issues
    - Performance optimizations

Deceiver
    Infect
    - Reduced impact damage to 205 (was 225) and DoT damage to 200 (was 250)
    Shroud
    - Shroud is now more visible than before to enemies

Reaver
    Sweeping Kick
    - Damage increased to 400 (was 375)
    - Now pushes enemies backwards while they stumble
    - Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds (was 10)

Leap Attack
    - Damage reduced to 200-350 (was 225-422)

Tyrant
    Charge, Marathon
    - Tyrant now has a latent telekinetic "shield" effect while charging to indicate that he will deflect incoming projectiles like Bolas while Charging.

Prophet
    Eldritch Guard
    - Cooldown increased to 20 seconds (was 15)
    - Duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10)
    - Shield reduced to 325 (was 350)
    - Fixed a bug causing the tooltip to show 0 Shield Amount

Known Issues
    - Infrequently, the host of a party may not see the invited player in their party list in the UI.
    - If two players quit an active game and form a party, the party host can matchmake successfully but the client may encounter difficulties.
    - Closing Nosgoth via Windows (or alt-F4, etc.) while in a party may cause adverse effects. For now, as long as you quit via the in-game Exit prompts, you will correctly leave your party.
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 5th Aug 2014 at 13:25.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Awesome! Can't wait to test the new matchmaking!

Way to go!

Originally Posted by Rynnik
    Awesome! Can't wait to test the new matchmaking!

Way to go!
    Just to clarify - this is NOT the new matchmaking system! The goal of this first release is to smooth out parties, and as we noted there were small tweaks that may improve matchmaking, but please don't expect the complete rewrite yet. It's not done!

Shroud's a bit of a unnecessary nurf, from the last patch you could already see their health bar above them. I liked the fact Deceiver got a bit of a ramp up in dps broke those 3 -4 Reaver teams which was a nice change.
    Last edited by Blackdeathteal; 4th Aug 2014 at 16:24.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Just to clarify - this is NOT the new matchmaking system! The goal of this first release is to smooth out parties, and as we noted there were small tweaks that may improve matchmaking, but please don't expect the complete rewrite yet. It's not done!
    Understood. That doesn't dampen my enthusiasm though. Breaking parties, no deathmatch until level 3, and whatever tweaks to getting matches closer to level should be great to work through the wringer while you keep working on the rest of the overhaul.

The party side of it was probably the greatest common complaint I have found from people I have brought to the game.

Pending testing this is a REALLY REALLY great step forward.

Originally Posted by Blackdeathteal
    you can already see stealth /shrouds health bar above them.
    Mr. Corey has the camo/shroud health bar bug been fixed or should we expect to work through it for a while longer yet?

I will test it tomorrow whitout any FOUNDER booster's working :-(

Originally Posted by Rynnik
    Mr. Corey has the camo/shroud health bar bug been fixed or should we expect to work through it for a while longer yet?
    I believe this was fixed, will confirm.

The small change for the tyrant seems interresting, it follows well the lore. Can't wait to test the new matchmaking system.
    ALL hail to sweeping kick pushing ennemies !

I kind of fear for the Deceiver with this update though. While I think that the decrease in damage from the infect ability is just, I don't think that you should make shrouded deceivers more visible. Even before this update I got plenty of bola straight in face and people being able to hit me just fine.

I use shroud mainly as an escape, but I don't see that happening if the visibility while shrouded is increased to much.

Thanks for this. The skin preview was something I've been wanting since I started playing. When is this maintenance going to end so I can try it out?

Thanks Cat! I'm really looking forward to testing everything out!

so how long does it usely take when there is a maintenance? When will I'm able to play again

Im used to play deceiver, and this nerf on "infect" is a good thing i think. I had real feeling it was doing too much damages.

any chance game will go to a 3d game play?

So delighted about this update! I like the nerfs - adds more balancing to the classes

Maintenance message here too But I am excited about the update.

Any chance you know when the permanent items prices will drop?

"Intermission time between matches has been reduced to 30 seconds from 60": This one is awesome. Also, the time to view the scores is way too much.
    Last edited by Rising-Mos; 4th Aug 2014 at 16:57.

I love almost every change in this list - Excellent work!
    Originally Posted by Rising-Mos
    Any chance you know when the permanent items prices will drop?
    Permanent Perk Prices have already dropped from 3000 to 2400 Gold (2000 to 1600 Runestones)

peterh Guest
    Originally Posted by AreZee
    so how long does it usely take when there is a maintenance? When will I'm able to play again
    AreZee it can take up to 4 hours maintenance depending on the version deployment and the quick QA on the production servers.
    Now that we have many gameservers it usually takes long. We continuously working on improving the deployment process

Hey folks
    We'll be down for another 2 or 3 hours approximately while the update is applied and rolls out. I'll post once it's confirmed we're about to come back up. Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Reduced damage on leap attack? Really?

I was super happy with the patch notes until I read this ... IMO it's ridiculously unnecessary, and makes me mad.

Also ... are improvements to Echolocation ever coming?

Originally Posted by Doomsiren
    I kind of fear for the Deceiver with this update though. While I think that the decrease in damage from the infect ability is just, I don't think that you should make shrouded deceivers more visible. Even before this update I got plenty of bola straight in face and people being able to hit me just fine.
    I agree. Shroud was plenty visible before, so I expect increased visibility will hurt it a lot.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 4th Aug 2014 at 17:33.

Originally Posted by peterh
    AreZee it can take up to 4 hours maintenance depending on the version deployment and the quick QA on the production servers.
    Now that we have many gameservers it usually takes long. We continuously working on improving the deployment process
    Are you a new admin? First time seeing you here

Thanks for info about the patch, Cat! Aww, 3 hours? Damn

Reduced damage on leap attack? Really?
    I am not really sure about that change either, seems unecessary

Also, why would Shroud need to be more visible? I guess we have to see in-game how it looks.

Rest of the changes sound good though Really excited to try the new Sweeping kick, yeey!
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 4th Aug 2014 at 18:05.

peterh Guest
    I am an old admin but i usually just doing the stuff in the background and leave communication to Cat she is better than me

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Also, why would Shroud need to be more visible?
    This change came about because we found that it was all too easy to use Shroud and then stand close enough to humans that you filled their screen (as the Deceiver is very tall) yet the humans were unable to tell you were actually there. I've personally seen it happen a lot in my own matches online as well as watching streamers. You could see a Shrouded Deceiver running laps around humans while the humans fired off into the distance, unaware of what was hitting them.

As with every skill, we intend to reach a balance on risk versus reward. The Scout's camo skill allows him to go full invisible yet he's unable to attack. Shroud being as invisible as it was yet capable of doing widespread AoE went against the risk vs. reward idea. Like always, we'll continue to monitor it in case it becomes an issue in it's new implementation.

Don't knock it until you try it, though.

1 problem, I want to que with my team mates, forcing us to split up is just stupid, all is going to happen is we are going to leave that game and re-party!

Its not my fault if people are not my level.

Thanks for explaining Eric, yeah, best would be to try out and see!

The Scout's camo skill allows him to go full invisible yet he's unable to attack.
    Are you supposed to see the place where he is as blurry? I´ve noticed that only Deceiver´s Disguise makes him fully invisible with no way to tell (apart from the footstep sounds).

Also can´t wait to see the new UI and the 3D preview mode for weapons/skins

Originally Posted by peterh
    I am an old admin but i usually just doing the stuff in the background and leave communication to Cat she is better than me
    Oh, I see. Cool to see you posting
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 4th Aug 2014 at 18:05.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last