Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FPS DROP FIX! Add -onethread to Launch Options

FPS DROP FIX! Add -onethread to Launch Options

FPS DROP FIX! Add -onethread to Launch Options

Oddly enough on 780Ti I was getting 99% GPU Usage and insane fps drops to 20 regardless of what gfx settings I had ingame. After this command was added to launch options, 20-30% GPU Usage and constant high fps.

Right click Nosgoth on Steam. Go Properties -> Set Launch Options... and type -onethread

If you have no performance issues with the game already do not add this command!

Bumping this as someone ingame just asked for it

Indeed - I found it worked
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

So it wasn't just me? I'm noticing a decrease in performance since the recent patch.

Is this a fix for said FPS drop, or FPS issues other people have had for a while?

I´m trying this as well and see if I can get better performance tonight.

EDIT: So I can report that it seems playing with it on makes my computer less hot and I get slightly more fps, need to play more to be absolutely sure though.

Thanks for suggesting this!
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 6th Aug 2014 at 09:09.

RAM Useage - Problem

Hello there.
    I obviously have a problem with the RAM useage.
    When i start my PC and play the game, evereything is fine. But the longer i play it, the more video/audio stuttering appears. After the third match the game is unplayable because of massive fps drops.
    When i use a RAM Cleaner Software, the problem seems to be reseted. But the stuttering happens even faster.
    I reinstalled the game but that didnt solve the problem.
    My Audio and Video Drivers are all up to date.
    My Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2x 2,8 ghz
    8gb DDR2 RAM
    Geforce GTX 560Ti
    Win7 64bit

I really like that game and hope somebody can help me out here.

Edit: Thanks for moving my Thread here. -onethread fixed it
    Last edited by GeneralGenius36; 11th Aug 2014 at 10:24.

This really helped it, they only last like 2 seconds now!

Game menu jumps up GPU usage

Whenever I am in the game menu my GPU almost maxes out causes high temps and lots of fan noise. I'm just wondering if it's normal for it too happen in the menu?? I get less stress on my GPU in game lol.

HD7870 LE

Game doesn't run smooth

I just bought the game and i can't get it to run as it should. It's like having a constant lag (also on the start screen) My computer is more then capeble to run this game. It's also only on this game, i can play anny other game whitout problems (rome 2 total war, lol, skyrim, ..) Adjusting the video details to low or turning up the fps changes nothing. I tried reïnstalling the game but still no improvement. Am i the only one with this problem? and is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by Piratefish92; 12th Aug 2014 at 10:04.

A good way to answer your question if you are the only one, would be to use the search function :P

Try -onethread as starting parameter. It helped many people here with strong rigs.

-onethread does not help for me. It's like i'm playing this game with a pc from the 90's

For those of you with low fps

Go to: C:\Users\*\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Config and open "BCMPSystemSettings". Replace system settings with this: http://pastebin.com/TcKe4F7V

Go to steam library and rightclick nosgoth --->properties --->launch options and enter
    -onethread

You should only use this if you have problems with playing the game because of low fps (lags).
    I got 17 fps in the tutorial and now i get 40fps, but the graphics are badder.

EDIT: There is a bug with this config that you cant see the blue border from the reaver smoke bomb. I´ll hope i can fix this soon and i will upload the new link asap.
    Last edited by Ybsilon; 16th Aug 2014 at 14:37.

Oh wow. Someone took the time to create Nosgoth: Minecraft mode :P

I'll link other people to this thread! Thanks for your help

Try -nosound as well, certain onboard sound drivers conflict with this game at the moment.

Still no change..

Exclamation Low FPS in game with decent specs?

My specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (Quad Core)
    4.0 GB of RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 660M Graphics Card
    And I have over 500 GB of free disk space :/

I just don't understand why it isn't working? Can someone help?

try -onethread as launch parameter in steam

Originally Posted by Cheekydood
    My specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (Quad Core)
    4.0 GB of RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 660M Graphics Card
    And I have over 500 GB of free disk space :/

I just don't understand why it isn't working? Can someone help?

4 gb of ram is less than ideal for gaming on win 7, may be worth it to look into upgrading to 8 gb of ram.
    Last edited by Pisthetaerus; 17th Aug 2014 at 12:05.

Originally Posted by Ybsilon
    http://pastebin.com/TcKe4F7V [...] EDIT: There is a bug with this config that you cant see the blue border from the reaver smoke bomb. I´ll hope i can fix this soon and i will upload the new link asap.
    Set StaticDecals, DynamicDecals, UnbatchedDecals, LightEnvironmentShadows, CompositeDynamicLights, SHSecondaryLighting, DirectionalLightmaps to TRUE (how could you even play without them and didn't notice that other effects and sky is broken?) and lower texture resolutions to 128, 256 or 512 max if it's still lagging. You can also modify driver settings in nvidia inspector tool to improve performance or quality.

Originally Posted by Pisthetaerus
    4 gb of ram is less than ideal for gaming on win 7, may be worth it to look into upgrading to 8 gb of ram.
    O'rly? There is no 64-bit Nosgoth version. It's 32* application and has laa flag, so in theory it can use up to 4GB of memory (3 on 32-bit OS) - thats why "Memory: 2 GB RAM" was posted in system requirements. You cannot know what's causing problems on his system, he didn't give any specific information, but maybe he had memory leaks. Do you really think that adding more RAM can fix game code if thats the case? Catch: http://lifehacker.com/5415355/do-you...han-4gb-of-ram , http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Featur...ally-need.aspx

screw graphics and pretty pony and rainbows, higher FPS for precision slaughter and massacre.

Originally Posted by Exiled998
    screw graphics and pretty pony and rainbows, higher FPS for precision slaughter and massacre.
    +1

Did someone with actual knowledge on all the CVARs care to make an nosgoth FPS config yet? Would be nice to have it available for us all
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Originally Posted by Nemesis777
    Set StaticDecals, DynamicDecals, UnbatchedDecals, LightEnvironmentShadows, CompositeDynamicLights, SHSecondaryLighting, DirectionalLightmaps to TRUE (how could you even play without them and didn't notice that other effects and sky is broken?) and lower texture resolutions to 128, 256 or 512 max if it's still lagging. You can also modify driver settings in nvidia inspector tool to improve performance or quality.

O'rly? There is no 64-bit Nosgoth version. It's 32* application and has laa flag, so in theory it can use up to 4GB of memory (3 on 32-bit OS) - thats why "Memory: 2 GB RAM" was posted in system requirements. You cannot know what's causing problems on his system, he didn't give any specific information, but maybe he had memory leaks. Do you really think that adding more RAM can fix game code if thats the case? Catch: http://lifehacker.com/5415355/do-you...han-4gb-of-ram , http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Featur...ally-need.aspx
    I regularly see nosgoth use 1.5 gb of ram. On a four gig system that would leave 2.5 gb for windows and any other programs he might be running.

It's also always worth it to have a bit of lee way for games that have big memory leaks. 8 gb is pretty much standard for gaming PCs now a days.
    Last edited by Pisthetaerus; 18th Aug 2014 at 12:17.

-onethread improves my performance by 2-3 fps. Its nothing. I am still stuck at 15-20.
    -nosound increased it to 20-25, but still thats terrible.
    FX8350 + HD5670. I don't know why the performance is so abyssmal. No ingame settings have any performance impact either.

So how do i reverse this? because i put in that command in the launch option and how i can't skip the title screen when i start the game and i end up at a black screen with the rotating nosgoth symbol and i can't get passed it. So can anyone tell me how to reverse it?

Never mind. False alarm, figured it out xD
    Last edited by Bazielim; 22nd Aug 2014 at 18:57. Reason: double posting, please use the 'edit' function, thanks
    signature image

Adding "-onethread" command doesn't improve performance/fps for me, and "-nosound" is not only useless, but also gives disadvantage if you don't have audio bugs [echo or very loud ability sound activator throwed somewhere on map] all the time. ;] Setting OneFrameThreadLag to false and disabling MouseSmoothing will make the game more responsive/accurate, and with bSmoothFrameRate=true & vsync (75) on, it's not lagging or stuttering.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last