Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Daily Reward Wheel?

Daily Reward Wheel?

Thanks for the info, FireWorks. Are skins recieved from daily rewards permanent?

It restarts after the last day (7) at the moment, and then you can earn a reward each day again and get another shot at the top tier prizes.

I've updated the announcement as it appears the vouchers aren't going out for everyone just yet, but I'll let everyone know when that changes.

The UI for the end tier will be updated though, it isn't intended to imply the tier keeps going on after that, but it could be clearer about what happens when you reach the end stage. That will be changed.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by flyklm
    Thanks for the info, FireWorks. Are skins recieved from daily rewards permanent?
    Skins were always permanent. I dont believe they would have changed it for the daily ones, but I dont own one yet.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Would there be any chance of duplicate avoidance? Like if already have a ton of gold (and have nothing left to spend it on) and boosters, the skins would be more likely? Maybe once you've got the skins, the reward could be replaced by mysterious items or something.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I wish gold wasn't a T3 option (and the most common one at that), seeing how you only get to draw a T3 prize once a week.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    It restarts after the last day (7) at the moment, and then you can earn a reward each day again and get another shot at the top tier prizes.

I've updated the announcement as it appears the vouchers aren't going out for everyone just yet, but I'll let everyone know when that changes.

The UI for the end tier will be updated though, it isn't intended to imply the tier keeps going on after that, but it could be clearer about what happens when you reach the end stage. That will be changed.
    Thanks for the quick response!

Can you go into details about the vouchers and/or rune stones? Is this meant that you get an item (voucher) that you have to use to get rune stones granted on the account balance? Why not just grant the runes? Or I did I get this completely wrong?

I dont know if this is also in the SE hands but the text is not fitting and there are a couple of other descriptions that could a rework too (piercing pistols dont pierce anymore, artifacts also come with 25 and 30 now, etc).
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Hope so, not to mention that daily reward skins are simply recolored defaults. I miss evolved human skins.

Originally Posted by FireWorks_
    Thanks for the quick response!

Can you go into details about the vouchers and/or rune stones?
    Not at the moment as they aren't implemented, but if this changes I'll run through the info here

I dont know if this is also in the SE hands but the text is not fitting and there are a couple of other descriptions that could a rework too (piercing pistols dont pierce anymore, artifacts also come with 25 and 30 now, etc).

I can certainly raise it, if it's not already logged. Do you have them in another thread? Or drop me a PM with detail and I'll send it on here.

They are indeed permanent. Once you unlock a skin, it's yours to keep.

Thank you for the confirmation. Is there any (at least very approximate) ETA on humans lvl 25 skins? Puhleez? ^_^

To be honest I love the recoloring concept. Skins can look a wide variety from awesome to eye cancer and take a lot of modeling work. There are so many skins in this game Id never use due to their coloring even though their model would be cool in my view.

If I could just recolor them, Id might give them a second chance and the modeling work of the artist wouldnt be wasted on me.
    TF2 allows you to buy paint and recolor your toys to look awesome. Id love that though it could spoil the dark theme of the game (on the other hand, the fane has already done that).

If they keep giving us cool looking dark grey and red reskins while an artist can work on something more important (maybe a map), Im totally up for it.

edit:
    road map says end of march for missing evolved vamps and spring for the humans, called prestige skins. I doubt we will see all 5 of them at the same time though.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=152652

I like the idea of recolors as an easy way to introduce a little variety too. Having control over the colours would be super cool, but other than that, variations are always welcome.

Maybe event skins in the future? Ples?

I wanted to link a steam thread where someone has done the work on a list but I couldnt find it quickly.

Ill get them for you via PM then.

EDIT: PM sent.
    Last edited by FireWorks_; 10th Mar 2015 at 12:20.

got a booster and some gold, but the booster are imo kinda useless, if you can't play 24h hours in a row, lol.
    they should be 24 hours in game time and not real life time, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by ursorlicious
    got a booster and some gold, but the booster are imo kinda useless, if you can't play 24h hours in a row, lol.
    they should be 24 hours in game time and not real life time, if you ask me.
    Out of 8 rewards i got 15days of boosting. I think it is ok.

Out of 8 rewards i got 15days of boosting. I think it is ok.
    well you got 15 days of boosting, but not everyone does.

i don't like the real life time mechanics, because i'm working for 40h a week and can't play the whole day. the last booster was only good for a few games.

are buyable booster the same like those from daily reward?

i don't like the real life time mechanics, because i'm working for 40h a week and can't play the whole day. the last booster was only good for a few games.
    I agree that in-game-time would be better (although real-life-time does stimulate to play more, which is probably what they want with the daily rewards).
    However, there is a thing you might not know yet: the timer of the booster starts once you equip it (and then continues until the timer runs out, even if you unequip it), not before. So maybe you should activate it in the weekends.

Originally Posted by Lomonop
    I agree that in-game-time would be better (although real-life-time does stimulate to play more, which is probably what they want with the daily rewards).
    However, there is a thing you might not know yet: the timer of the booster starts once you equip it (and then continues until the timer runs out, even if you unequip it), not before. So maybe you should activate it in the weekends.
    didn't know that they start once you equip (was my first booster) and i'll keep my future xp / gold boosts for the weekends. good objection mate.

well you got 15 days of boosting, but not everyone does.

are buyable booster the same like those from daily reward?
    I know my example is just me, but if you look at the drops in the thread posted above, you see that the booster saturation is very high. Meaning most players will have enough boosters for the rest of their life while the others are still running them most of the time.

I got some gold and two boosters…I know it’s free and I shouldn’t be disappointed but I was kinda hoping to get something exciting like alchemist pom-poms j/k I'm happy for something for nothing

I know my example is just me, but if you look at the drops in the thread posted above, you see that the booster saturation is very high. Meaning most players will have enough boosters for the rest of their life while the others are still running them most of the time.
    He has a good point however. Especially given the constantly broken matchmaking systems/disgusting queue times. It would be nice if boosters were timed by in match time or per game played, so we wouldn't have week or month long boosters largely wasted while the game is unplayable.

Although I know one isolated case doesn't mean a lot statistically, personally I've only had 2 days worth of 20% boost after 15 rolls (2 accounts), so I wouldn't go anywhere near saying they are unlimited.

Bah I came here looking for a bug and found Cat confirming that i resets at day 8 *sadface*

(click image to enlarge)

Ingame graphics indicate runes as prize, again a false promise.
    Aw, no prize runes? Well, there goes like...93% of my enthusiasm for this system.

What about a Tier 3 reward like a Warchest that has item with a visual affect and attributes. So like a blue item weapon with visual.
    Maybe instead of resetting after 7 days, why not drop back to Tier 2? So that every 4 days after my 7 days i get a chance at a Tier 3 drop? That way i feel like we both getting a good deal :P

Originally Posted by -Konf-
    There is a "stop" button on the wheel? Goodness me, where were my eyes looking all this time? But then again, with horrible lag and frame stuttering I imagine it'd be hard to use it. So far I have completely relied on RNG, which was not so kind to me today by skipping a skin by one slot. Oh well, gotta try next week!

Glad to hear it's not just me having issues with the weird frame rate.
    Guess I should consider myself lucky to get the period blood stained Tyrant.

Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last