Thread: Patch Notes - March 3rd, 2015

Patch Notes - March 3rd, 2015

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Quick heads up - if you have trouble with -nomovies, try -nomovie without the "s".
    We'll make sure -nomovies works next patch, something got mixed up in the fix process.
    How exactly works that command? What is her function and where to put it? any chat?

This patch is a good start but the Vampire melee changes need to be addressed in the near future. Design goals included:

...to allow more flexibility and mobility in melee combat...
    ... make melee more responsive and skillful...
    Unfortunately the changes have failed miserably at this. Melee combat is horribly clunky and does not fit with the Vampire's play style. It is significantly harder to keep pace with enemies while meleeing, particularly for the Reaver. The Reaver cannot even keep pace with walking enemies when meleeing (and that assumes you landed the first hit to slow them!) - constantly being forced to walk or roll closer to enemies kills his DPS and limits his options. Charged melees have also had their utility dramatically reduced, removing an essential tool for skilled Vampires.

We will be keeping a very close eye on this change and tuning as necessary based on your feedback.
    The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative from what I've seen. I would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm that the developers are aware of the problem. Even better would be info on how this will be fixed and when we might expect the fix to be implemented. I would personally recommend an immediate reversion of the changes pending better thought out tweaks. At the very least the ground a Vampire can cover while meleeing must not be lower than it was pre-Vanguard. Ranged is so overwhelmingly superior to melee that the Vampires need to be able keep landing hits when they get in close.

Originally Posted by WoG-Hazaa
    It's not about the weapon damage there really, but the regeneration CD. You can deal the same damage or higher damage with war axe easily yes. i imagine the scenario as when you start to throw WA at 2nd target the 1st one already has regene starting. Impaler instead keeps 2 vamps out of regeneration in the same scenario, so that is a huge bonus.
    If a vamp has a chance to escape, which mostly they dont have.

edit: was nice talking to you, probably one of the very few that actually gives arguments about something regarding saying something is strong, something is OP, something is UP etc etc.

Hey everyone

We'll be lifting maintenance shortly!

Originally Posted by Ankore-
    How exactly works that command? What is her function and where to put it? any chat?
    You would put this in your launch options on Steam. So right-click on Nosgoth in your Steam library, go to Properties, and on the first tab click on the Launch Options button.

In there, you add that command as a line (-nomovie).
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    Glad to see you dont know how the mechanics works,
    consecutive hitting would reset the DoT.
    so hitting the next axe at exactly 1 second after the first would only deal 50% of the extra damage. -> 190+40
    I'm so sorry I read it too fast. My mistake. Accept my apologies, sir, you are totally right.
    But Impaler Axe is still usefull for noobs like me who don't have 100% accuracy.

We're out of maintenance now!

Hi, Im crashing everytime I try to open Nosgoth. I crash during the launch.

Originally Posted by Saikocat

Daily Rewards

Day 7 offers exclusive skins for the Hunter, Alchemist, and Tyrant.

Question to Devs:

1. Exclusive skins being brand new skins exclusive to daily rewards or just one of the old ones from the store ?

2. Is private matches back online ? I'm still getting 'Cannot Enter Matchmaking Queue' error.

Originally Posted by _Kine_
    Question to Devs:

1. Exclusive skins being brand new skins exclusive to daily rewards or just one of the old ones from the store ?
    They are recolours of default skins. I believe they're the ones that can be seen in the footage from earlier dev streams, like here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjC9...has_verified=1

I drew some gold on my first login after the patch. The lottery thing looks neat, I'm looking forward to finding out what all the different rewards are.

Originally Posted by Dze5Xeno
    Hi, Im crashing everytime I try to open Nosgoth. I crash during the launch.
    Could you try adding this line in your launch options?

• Open up Steam, and right-click on Nosgoth
    • In the first tab, click on "Set Launch Options"
    • Enter the following line:
      -nomovie
    • Hit OK
    • Close all windows and start the game

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    I drew some gold on my first login after the patch. The lottery thing looks neat, I'm looking forward to finding out what all the different rewards are.
    Also received some gold, looks like boosters are among the rarer drops from what I can tell. I liked the presentation of the reward drop as well, that suspense!

I did. No luck =_(.

-nomovie
    • Hit OK

Having the same crash on startup. Tried your suggestion, didn't work aswell.
    Sent my files to you guys so you can check what the problem is.

-nomovie
    • Hit OK
    I did. No luck =_(

I got a 20% all booster; lasts 24 hours.
    Only I got a founders booster active, so I hope it doesnt deplete would like to save it :P

How is "log in every day" defined in this reward system? Every calendar day, what time zone?

Originally Posted by Dze5Xeno
    I did. No luck =_(
    Try to remove all launch options there.

Did the game work for you ever before? Did the last patch work for you?
    Last edited by Lord_Aevum; 3rd Mar 2015 at 18:19. Reason: double posting; please use edit function
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

So I have to say nice work on the damage changes to the axes. Haven't gone in-game yet to see how the change works in action, but I honestly think they're reasonable. Looking forward to that update on the information for the Daily Rewards.

Originally Posted by FireWorks_
    Try to remove all launch options there.

Did the game work for you ever before? Did the last patch work for you?
    Everything was fine till today. I have no other launch options either.

Daily Rewards

Daily Rewards are now available! There are three tiers of rewards (Days 1-3, Days 4-6, and Day 7) that escalate the more days you log in consecutively. Day 7 offers exclusive skins for the Hunter, Alchemist, and Tyrant.
    As if I needed another reason to play! Ohboyohboyohboybohboy!

Fixed a startup crash related to hardware detection and commandline switches like "-nomoviesstartup". This is not a valid command, please use "-nomovies" if you want to bypass loading screens.
    Thanks for putting this back in. I really appreciate it.

If you're experiencing crashing at startup with the new patch, can you send us your crash dump files?

They can be found in:
    C:\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs

- The files end in .dmp
    - You can email the files to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com
    - Let us know in the email what you tried already (such as launch options you're using/used, if you tried a reinstall)

Originally Posted by _Kine_
    They are recolors of existing skins but are exclusive to Daily Rewards.

If you're experiencing crashing at startup with the new patch, can you send us your crash dump files?

They can be found in:
    C:\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs

- The files end in .dmp
    - You can email the files to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com
    - Let us know in the email what you tried already (such as launch options you're using/used, if you tried a reinstall)
    Thanks Cat Ive send my files. Hope it gets fix soon.

=)

Something that looks fine on paper but in practice is a terrible idea is the fact once the score gets so far imbalanced that no new players join.
    If a player crashes either to menus or desktop they have NO OPTION to rejoin the match they left, and if the score gets imbalanced enough in the time it takes to relaunch the client and the matchmaker to put you into a match, you dont end up in the same match, and the poor team you were with ends up being bent over and passed lube by the other team...

Till the game has the option to reconnect to the game you were in and is STABLE ideas like "if the score gets imbalanaced too much you wont get any new players in the match" or penalties for "quitters" are a VERY VERY bad idea, in the case of "Quitters" there is no way to distinguish between someone who's quit and someone who's crashed and there's quite a lot of differance between the 2.

Also then there's also the fun players who call their team mates "noob" among other fun comments, and then end up quitting, usually because their blaming their team for their own mistakes, not staying close by their team mates and ensuring everyone's covering each other etc who now have a incentive to wait till it gets to the "point of no return" score wise just to quit at that point just to f**k over their team mates.

Basicly the current system gives more players on a team loosing , even more incentive to just quit, so the question becomes:
    What happens when the ENTIRE opposing loosing team decides to all quit? The Currently winning team has to wait out the timer etc?
    Last edited by Guardian1uk; 3rd Mar 2015 at 18:44.

Ok I tried to play now. I crash to desktop when getting on server.

First I crashed on connect.

Started the game again, found the same match and crashed after less than half a minute again.

Both times I hot joined a running match. Ill send the logs to Greg now.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

It crashes before loading the main menu for me. I sent a crash log to the provided e-mail, anything else that might be done?

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last