Thread: Vanguard's block should interrupt his reload.

Vanguard's block should interrupt his reload.

Vanguard's block should interrupt his reload.

Just as firing a weapon or using a skill with any other class (so long as there is ammo in the clip and/or the skill isn't on cooldown) interrupts your weapon reloads so too should going to put up your shield as a Vanguard. I see no reason why we should not be aloud to hold off reloading in order to defend ourselves if we suddenly find ourselves under attack.

Agreed.

Agreed, disable the auto reload. You shouldn't be able to defend while reloading; but you shouldn't be forced to reload and leave yourself open to attack as the enemy approaches when you have other options.

This has to be implemented as you said, Equanimityjohn. There's no reason not to put such small tweak for the vanguard. Such situations like being attacked by a vampire while you're reloading (personally for me) happens each match. Interrupting a reload with RMB would be great turn-point if not a life-saver.

It would be a slight buff, as far as I know, because I don't think it is possible to block and reload at the same time, nor do I think it should be.

I agree we should be able to use shield activation to cancel a reload, but I also wouldn't mind trying out simultaneous block + reload. I don't see why a single handed weapon couldn't be reloaded while shielding with the other arm (my only skepticism is for balance reasons.)

This is a massive issue for anyone who mains Vanguard. It's ridiculous that you are forced to die and reload like an idiot instead of block the damage while a team-mate helps you.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 21st May 2015 at 23:14. Reason: unnecessary 'bumping' removed

I wish this was in the game!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Equanimityjohn
    It would be a slight buff, as far as I know, because I don't think it is possible to block and reload at the same time, nor do I think it should be.
    It's not a buff...any other class can interrupt the reload to melee or use an ability.

It's annoying not to be able to block and shield-bash with zero ammo

Let's cut past all the crap and say what's really dumb here. Vanguard shouldn't be reloading because he isn't reloading anything.

11. Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Let's cut past all the crap and say what's really dumb here. Vanguard shouldn't be reloading because he isn't reloading anything.
    Scout is not reloading anything either.

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    So...What, he should be able to toss axes indefinitely?

Ok...so lets buff his attack dmg, and make him reload after each axe throw

On that note, I feel like both Scouts and Vanguards should just have 1 arrow/axe per "clip" and way shorter reload times to reload after each shot.

On topic: Definitely agree. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to interrupt reloading by blocking.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    So...What, he should be able to toss axes indefinitely?
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Ok...so lets buff his attack dmg, and make him reload after each axe throw
    Originally Posted by GrayPhilosophy
    On that note, I feel like both Scouts and Vanguards should just have 1 arrow/axe per "clip" and way shorter reload times to reload after each shot.

If he has any reload time, his throwing isn't indefinite...

One per clip + shortened reload though. Sounds nice in theory. Up to the devs if they want to let us test that out in practice.

Blocking should interrupt reload, certainly.

If he has any reload time, his throwing isn't indefinite...

One per clip + shortened reload though. Sounds nice in theory. Up to the devs if they want to let us test that out in practice.

I'm not gonna die if this change is never made. It was an elephant in the room to me.